Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Leesley has an offer to leave town

rangerider

Leesley has an offer to leave town

Post by rangerider on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:06 pm

Looks like hes gone

GARAGE

Re: Leesley has an offer to leave town

Post by GARAGE on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:26 pm

I keep criticising him lately but wish him all the best in the future. We don't have anyone in the club who can fit into his boots. Maybe this move has been on the cards for some time and thats why he's not been playing well.
    We need Simon to come up with a good replacement and soon.
    The whole team is possibly full of players wanting to get back into the football league and thats what we are here for so lets get used to it happening more.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Good luck to him - wonder which league club?
    Does that mean he can still play for us until January?

CCOB

Post by CCOB on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 pm

Had offers from league clubs plus Salford.
    Rumour is he is staying at Town.
    Expected to be available Saturday.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

In my eyes that’s a great result. Unfairly criticised on this forum recently. A big player we need to keep if we looking to get into the National Leauge. Hopefully c u in the Black and Yellow on Saturday Joe.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:59 am

This is good news if true. His goals and assists were crucial in keeping us up near the top and scoring goals when Ainge was absent. Can't understand the few people who criticise him on t'other site. If we DO lose him it will be a real blow to our chances of promotion. I'll be checking the line up tomorrow very nervously, hoping his name is there. Stay with us Joe, you can always leave in the summer!

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 pm

I thought Leesley better for the team than Daniels when Leesley first arrived. More recently I have been a Leesley detractor, but after Tuesday's performance without him I welcome him back so long as he's not been affected by the final outcome of the will he/won't ? shindig.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 am

If we had lost him, I would of wanted us to use the money to try and re sign Daniels, fantastic natural left foot and the ability to win a game out of nowhere with something magical which may be the difference in the playoffs.

Hope leesley gets back to the player he was 1st 10 games of the season where he was on fire, anybody know if he was offered a improved deal? Or how long he’s under contract for? would hate for him to join Salford on a free if they go up and we don’t this year at the end of the season and miss out on getting a decent bit of wedge for him.

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 am

Mmm! That brings to mind Daniels' making a difference in the playoffs v fylde 2 seasons ago. Not sure he would add anything to team spirit if he came back and I doubt Weaver would have him back. But agreed he did score some spectacular goals for us.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:35 am

fulhamphoenix wrote:Mmm! That brings to mind Daniels' making a difference in the playoffs v fylde 2 seasons ago. Not sure he would add anything to team spirit if he came back and I doubt Weaver would have him back. But agreed he did score some spectacular goals for us.

Understand what your saying, just think people seem to forgot he pretty much single handedly fired us into the playoffs 2 years ago with his goals that I’ve never seen anyone come close to scoring again allowing us to win games, we were half that team last season without him and I’d like to think he’d come under the same bracket as Parker where training full time has made them much much better players,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am