Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
fulhamphoenix
GARAGE
Townfan
Ozzi
WhiteRose11
Chips97
10 posters

Boston United

Big Lundy

Boston United Empty Boston United

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Boston United’s new manager on Saturday will be…
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Big Lundy

Boston United Empty Re: Boston United

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:15 pm

One advantage or disadvantage for Managers in this league is that you can get access to the full 90 minutes of every match played, as they are "supposedly" all filmed this season!
    Free access to the footage for every club was part of the TV deal!!!
    A level playing field I suppose, but can be a useful tool for tactical decisions & formations!
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 pm

I personally don't think we've been playing great for several weeks now and moving onto the game against Boston this Saturday I feel it is a must win already in the season. Just need to get back to winning ways and can't see many better teams to play atm especially at home!

I do think we need a shake up of the team though as players are under performing at present, this is the team I would pick for Saturday:

-------------------------Belshaw---------------------
    Fallowfield------Kennedy------Vann------O'Hanlon
    ----------------Falkingham---Burrell----------------
    Emmett--------------Thomson------------Leesley--
    -----------------------Nelson-------------------------

I have gone for a change with Vann coming into central defence in place of Burrell as I feel he is more defensive minded and not afraid to get stuck in. Vann was a central defender at Leeds so seems strange he hasn't had a chance there yet. I've stuck with O'Hanlon at left-back although I don't think he has set the world alight as yet I don't see any better options there at present. I want Fallowfield and O'Hanlon to get forward and overlap the wingers which I'm sure is already implemented as we can see by Fallowfield's great attacking down the right this season.

I've moved Burrell into central midfield to play a box to box role as the lad is quite clearly a fit player who will help out in an attacking sense but also is solid enough defensively. I'd like Falkingham to be the deep lying playmaker so he will sit just in front of the central defenders but when he wins the ball back I want him playing balls to the wingers and getting them involved.

Thomson is playing just behind the striker so he can play the ball out wide and play some quick passing football with Nelson, I would tell Thomson to shoot on sight as we can all see he has a great shot and will hopefully get more chances playing in this position.

I've liked Emmett centrally but at the end of the day I still feel he is more effective when given the ball out wide so he can have a go at the defence and pick a pass out in the middle, we've seen him so many times get past a man with ease.

I'd stick with just Nelson up-front right now as he played fairly well on Saturday, got a goal from not many chances also. I know Leesley has taken some criticism after Saturday but we've got to stick with him, when he gets it right his delivery is irreplaceable.

But I'm not the manager so none of this will happen  Cool
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Think that selection has some legs although I would switch Burrell and Vann round. Vann in a holding midfield position will give more support to O'Hanlon and at the same time free up space in midfield when attacking. I would also give some thought for Thewlis out wide using his pace instead of Leesley

Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Yes I agree about Thewlis would like to see him played out wide more, think he was more affective there when he was with us a few years ago.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 am

No change for me. Only thought would be Swain in at left back
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Yeh, I agree Townfan. Our left back (not mentioning names) had a torrid time on Saturday at Spennymoor. Should of been dragged well before he eventually was.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am

So did Fallowfield on the other flank. O'Hanlon has been OK in the previous games he has played.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:45 pm

I refuse to contemplate anything other than 3 points today. I just hope reality doesn't disagree n
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 pm

We beat an unimaginative side today - glad we did !
    But can anyone who went to the spennymoor game last week explain the respective results spennymoor 3 v 1 town and today leamington 4 v 0 spennymoor.
    Anyway, whatever ... IMHO we need to improve on today's performance to be unbeaten till Xmas - results which we need to show we can match Salford.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 pm

OMG what a goal - what weaker foot ???
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Big relief after the 3- 1 win against a typical relegation threatened club. What a big set of players they had who came for a point with time wasting from the first whistle.Strange start to the game with 2 pens in the opening few mins.but luck went our way with Leesley missing his pen but getting the rebound.
    Two more injuries makes things a bit worrying because we only had 4 subs today. Thought Vann did well replacing Fallowfield and Thompson played well after moving infield when Currey came on. Thompson finally came up with a superb strike. Finally good to see a really good crowd of 1388 giving a really good atmosphere.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Didn't look like 1388 despite being bigged up by the army!
    The midweek rearranged game v kidders will tell us where we really are with crowds assuming no army freebies.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:50 pm

More interested in 3 pts to put pressure back on Salford
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Glad there were no chants of "barmy army" today, might have ended up with a few kukris flying about!
    Two cracking individual goals, well done, lads, keep up the pressure.
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Much needed win after last week to get us back on track, IMO they were about as poor as we have or will come across this season and wouldn’t be surprised to see them go down unless there New manager can turn things round, could t even describe them as a long ball team just a lot ni throw team, eye bleeding stuff if you see it every week I’d say.

If it wasn’t for terrible officiating and even worse finishing in one case we should of slammed 6 or 7 past them.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Forgot to mention the piss poor refereeing. IT WAS DIABOLICAL AT TIMES
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 am

Discounting the County Cup game, which the under 21’s played in, that was our first win at home since the York City game!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shocked

Good crowd!
    Leeds United weren’t playing, Bradford City were away, Guiseley were away, Knaresborough Town were away, Boston brought around 150, + 150 Army lads, and that was our first 1st team fixture at home for 3 weeks!!!!
    bounce
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 pm

I think Thomson should take penalties for us in future (until Aingey gets back).
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:24 am

A1 drifter wrote:I think Thomson should take penalties for us in future (until Aingey gets back).

Think you could be correct. Leesley confidence is down at the moment so needs releaving of this big responsibility until it returns.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Some goal by Thomson - contender for goal of the season?

In the team of the week as well

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am