Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
HTAFC Away Travel
Big Lundy
Townfan
A1 drifter
WhiteRose11
Top Cat
paulstreet
11 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Spennymoor Town

Ozzi

TOWN on TOUR! Spennymoor Town - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Spennymoor Town

Post by Ozzi Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Ditto........Fulhampheonix
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:31 am

They did there homework on us and did a number on us in 1st half, lost count of the amount of times there was a huge space behind both our fullbacks which they simply clipped balls in and behind at will meaning our CB were dragged out of position, everyone could see it expect the manager,

Getting fed up of hearing him say we won’t change the way we play, I’m afraid we will have to as teams have clearly figured us out, if you asked the Boston manager to name our starting 11 and system now he could.

consistency is the key when your on a great run like we were 1st 6/7 games beating teams for fun, but last 5/6 weeks we’ve been huffing and puffing through matches not convincingly beating sides when we’ve won. we have players on the bench hardly used this season I know being fulltime should mean fitness levels are up but you can’t beat match fitness, can’t expect the likes of Vann, Middleton, Curry, Thewliss to hit the ground running when or if they are called upon, which is why to me it beggars belief they didn’t play on Tuesday night.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 am

All the players you have mentioned above would have been training during the day that Tuesday!
    So would you expect them after that to come back to play a 90 minute football game on the Tuesday night?
    scratch
    The full-time scenario changes the dynamics of what we did last year!
    I presume the training sessions will always include the full available squad!
    A competitive match would have benefited some of the players, but the logistics of rearranging the training sessions to do this might have been an issue!
    I suppose it’s a learning curve for everyone here now being a full-time club for the 1st time, including the supporter’s!!!!!
    Shocked
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Oh course not! But if they know there going to play they wouldn’t be training pretty simple
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Top Cat wrote:They did there homework on us and did a number on us in 1st half, lost count of the amount of times there was a huge space behind both our fullbacks which they simply clipped balls in and behind at will meaning our CB were dragged out of position, everyone could see it expect the manager,

Getting fed up of hearing him say we won’t change the way we play, I’m afraid we will have to as teams have clearly figured us out, if you asked the Boston manager to name our starting 11 and system now he could.

Don't agree that they clipped it, from what I saw, they lumped it and we did not deal with it all afternoon. We did more passes in our move for our goal than they did in 90 mins.

We do not want to lower our footballing standards to what they dished up yesterday I bet their training is all the players lined up and seeing how far they can kick it.

However we have stopped moving the ball quickly and too many players having too many touches thereby getting caught out. Get back to playing as a team not as individuals.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Who you referring to there WhiteRose? Anyone specific?
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Ozzi wrote:Who you referring to there WhiteRose? Anyone specific?

I don't like to single out players that is the Managers job, but whilst injuries has certainly disrupted the team the change as far as I can see is that we are not moving the ball as quick as we used to. Now runs by players are not being seen or ignored which puts them out of position when the player in possession is caught out which puts the pressure on the defence.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Leesley’s been picking the ball up to deep to start with & has not been going past the full backs enough this season!
    Once they realise this they let him cut inside where he can be easily closed down!
    Same on the other side with Thompson!
    We’ve been ending up playing 5 in midfield recently @ times & closing our own space down when we have the ball because of it!!!
    This is limiting our movement off the ball resulting in misplaced passes or being forced backwards for our centre half’s to then have to knock it long, which the majority of the time ends up with us loosing possession because we have only one striker up top!
    It also means the oppositions midfield don’t have to work as hard to close us down when we have the ball!
    That’s probably why these part time teams have started to look fitter in the last 20 minutes of games recently than earlier in the season!
    scratch
    It’s very difficult then to push your full backs up because the midfield area is too crowded & there is no space for them to run into!
    Play 2 strikers up top when we have possession & get one of them to drop into midfield when we have lost possession!
    Which is what we were doing @ the beginning of the season!
    Of course all this is easier said than done, especially if you don’t have the right personnel fully fit & @ your disposal!!!!
    Rolling Eyes
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:59 pm

It doesn’t really matter what tactics you play, if you defend like this as a team
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    You’re stuffed!!!!!!
    Shocked
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 pm

The ball isn't in view for the vast majority of their play - that I how high they lumped it!!!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Some interesting stats:

In the 5 matches before Parker’s injury we had scored 9, conceded 1, won 4 & drew 1 keeping 4 clean sheets!

In the 5 matches after Parker’s injury we have scored 7, conceded 9, won 1, drawn 2, and lost 2 keeping no clean sheets!!!!!

Only scored 2 less goals, but unfortunately the defending has cost us BIG TIME!!!!!!
    Shocked
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Townfan wrote:Not correct TC.
    It's as I laid out above.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Shocking the articles like this can be published with inaccuracies. Townfan has said that's not how it will work.

A number of clubs, including our own, think it's also played at the highest placed club too. They need to be informed Townfan that they're wrong!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Hello Neil, long time no see.
    Please read my link to the official National League Handbook.
    I am right.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Pretty sure it will work the same as previous seasons where it will be played at the highest placed team of whoever is in the final.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:14 pm

If we finish second, we'll have two home games (subject to us winning the semi final)
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 pm

If we play football suited to our 3G pitch - as we've recently seen we can - finishing second/2 3G home games should give us a huge advantage towards achieving that 2nd promotion spot.
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Thu May 10, 2018 10:04 am

Townfan wrote:Not correct again.
    It's as I laid out above.

You sure about that TF.

Could swear there's a playoff final coming up. Remind me of where it's being played please.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 am