Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Simesy
paulstreet
Ozzi
Up The Town
8 posters

Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland? Empty Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland?

Post by paulstreet Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Seems like we have got him on loan. Was on loan at Hartlepool last season (or this?). Lets hope we actually play him!
    Ozzi

Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland? Empty Re: Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland?

Post by Ozzi Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:15 pm

What position? Center forward I hope.
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland? Empty Re: Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland?

Post by Up The Town Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 pm

He is a center forward
    Crossan

Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland? Empty andy nelson

Post by Crossan Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:05 am

Yet another young Striker!!! lets hope Simon has found a good one but cant help thinking he needs to look for a guy with experience this is a tough league.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Yep Crossan, couldn't agree more. Nothing can compare with a seasoned experienced C/F at this level. What a lot of people don't realise is, regardless of where these youngsters come from and there pedigree, this is a very good level and playing at U/21 U/23 level doesn't get anywhere near to what they about to come up against. I hope if he starts he is up for it, because with x3 of our most experienced players (all captains) we could be in for another really sticky afternoon. Please let's get x3points and keep the momentum going in our quest for promotion.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:59 pm

We are really struggling now with too many injuries. Both full backs for me had games to forget and we really did miss Falkingham. What an annoying time wasting team Leamington are. We seamed to make it worse for ourselves with playing the ball backwards far too much.
    Thought the pen decision was poor. Anybody see what happened to their player who got carried off?
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 pm

GARAGE wrote:We are really struggling now with too many injuries. Both full backs for me had games to forget and we really did miss Falkingham. What an annoying time wasting team Leamington are. We seamed to make it worse for ourselves with playing the ball backwards far too much.
    Thought the pen decision was poor. Anybody see what happened to their player who got carried off?

Not a pen for me nor the MoM but still a point and we move on
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Ozzie and Crossans dead right. You would think Simon would know this. These young strikers (we are in our 4th now ) are really out if their depth. Ainge won't be back for a while and Thewlis is having a tough time, yes we are top but the. situation is a bit worrying.
    Simesy

Post by Simesy Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 am

GARAGE wrote:Thought the pen decision was poor. Anybody see what happened to their player who got carried off?

The penalty was given for dangerously high feet around Jamie Hood's facial area. Whether high feet or intent is a yellow card/penalty is a moot point.

Connor Gudger was a blow to the face (collision or elbow or foot). He was taken to hospital in an ambulance for the once over and is apparently OK.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

Simesy wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:Thought the pen decision was poor. Anybody see what happened to their player who got carried off?

The penalty was given for dangerously high feet around Jamie Hood's facial area. Whether high feet or intent is a yellow card/penalty is a moot point.

Connor Gudger was a blow to the face (collision or elbow or foot). He was taken to hospital in an ambulance for the once over and is apparently OK.

Glad he's ok!
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 am

Ok at best yesterday, really are thin on the ground at the minute, desperately need ainge back and the sooner Kerry is fit the better, anyone know when he's likely to be back, couple of people near me slated jack vann all game saying he's crap and not good enough, don't think they realised that was his 1st 90 minutes for us need a few more games consecutively before judging, why is burdett still here? Simon clearly thinks he's not good enough should of moved him on and offered a deal with the option of extending at xmas to the lad can't remember his name who played 2 very good games in CM and then joined Southport.

Biggest bug bear yesterday was the takeover of the not all but majority of moronic lads from the army college, they took over the top end,slagged off the ground and were more interested in singing about a grandad than supporting the team,not very productive when genuine town supporters behind the goal couldn't give the support the players vitality needed to try and push for a winner.

Why do the club do this? Do we get anything out of it? How many will come back? Cant remember seeing any of them come back last year after they were given free tickets to the Halifax game, if we do it give them tickets to a WRCC match where let's face it not many fans turn up because they neither care about the team put out or if we win the game or not.
    Crossan

Andrew Nelson on loan from Sunderland? Empty andy nelson

Post by Crossan Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am

Top Cat, the midfielder you mentioned was David Morgan I did a post on him. Head and shoulders above Agnew and although Emmett does put in a shift he is not the answer in central midfield. Don't know why Simon did not offer Morgan a deal, he was originally at Fylde and someone said he wanted to be in that area of the country and that's why he went to Southport. We really need Kerry back, could be a good partnership with Falkingham.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Crossan wrote:Top Cat, the midfielder you mentioned was David Morgan I did a post on him.  Head and shoulders above Agnew and although Emmett does put in a shift he is not the answer in central midfield.  Don't know why Simon did not offer Morgan a deal, he was originally at Fylde and someone said he wanted to be in that area of the country and that's why he went to Southport.  We really need Kerry back, could be a good partnership with Falkingham.  
    I guess Simon can only stretch the budget so far and whilst I agree that he was class and would be better than what we have in that position put that aginst what Southport could offer and his location I cant blame him for signing for them but I think he would welcome a return.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am