Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Penistone home

GARAGE

Penistone home

Post by GARAGE on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Glad we didn't play a good team.We must have had 95 percent possession and what a real struggle it was to get that important 1st goal. Lets hope thats our bad game out of the way. The build up play was so predictable and slow at times and nearly always ended with the out of sorts Leesley making a mess of a cross. The system worked well at Southport but something was not working today. The defence was poor early doors but it seemed to get sorted the more the game went on.Thought Parker was MOM and great to see him score his 1st goal for Town.We will have to play far better next week to get 3 points.

Ozzi

Re: Penistone home

Post by Ozzi on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Sorry Garage, I totally disagree with your assessment of today's game. 1st half was a joy to watch, some brilliant football played by a buoyant/confident team. All players playing there part. How they managed to get to h/time at 0-0 was a feat in itself!!. Once we scored it was only a matter of how many wed score. 3-0 tbf flatters them, but it was obvious from the outset they'd try frustrate us by putting X11 men constantly behind the ball. I've got to say, Morgan is a great addition to the squad, but my MOM was Falky. He strolled the game and some of his passing is 'top draw'. Keep the lads focussed Simon/Paul for the York game, which I'm sure will be a tense affair.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 pm

[quote="Ozzi"]Sorry Garage, I totally disagree with your assessment of today's game. 1st half was a joy to watch, some brilliant football played by a buoyant/confident team.

Totally agree

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 pm

1st half visually impressive possession etc but surely you expect it when were playing a glorified Sunday league team, but did there keeper have to make a save 1st half???

2nd half job done fitness told that's it, can't take anything out of the game into next week as it's complete different kettle of fish,

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Ozzi wrote:Sorry Garage, I totally disagree with your assessment of today's game. 1st half was a joy to watch, some brilliant football played by a buoyant/confident team. All players playing there part. How they managed to get to h/time at 0-0 was a feat in itself!!. Once we scored it was only a matter of how many wed score. 3-0 tbf flatters them, but it was obvious from the outset they'd try frustrate us by putting X11 men constantly behind the ball. I've got to say, Morgan is a great addition to the squad, but my MOM was Falky. He strolled the game and some of his passing is 'top draw'. Keep the lads focussed Simon/Paul for the York game, which I'm sure will be a tense affair.

Falky did play well but unfortunately he kept passing the ball to Leesley who wasted the majority of his crossing or lost the ball.

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Great to see the team playing good footy on the ground with accurate passing and agile minds but you have to wonder why we didn't score first half - we didn't even have many shots. I guess fitness helped us score 3 in the second half. It was always likely to happen. I'm not a great fan of Leesley because I think he sometimes appears to put himself before the team, but having said that he's certainly a presence on the pitch and imvho contributes plenty towards the end result and deserves his place in the team. The more modest achievers like Parker, Burrell, Kennedy and Fallowfield I thought constituted a solid defence today.

Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Sunday league team is a bit harsh on a side who had defeated Whitby in the previous round. We won much more easily than in last season's two matches against Bridlington. It must be difficult for a manager (and supporters) to motivate a top of the table team for a match like this. There was a job to be done and they did it so let's just say good result and move on.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:45 am

Agree. In the FA Cup it's all about getting into the next round. 1-0, 3-0,10-0 , it doesn't matter.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:49 am

Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Monday lunch time
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:38 am

|gree with Ozzi and Townfan. In the cup the result is all that matters. In fact I thought we played lovely football in the first half, more bad luck ( and Jordan's miss!) that we didn't go in 2 or 3 up. Don't forget Handsworth Parramore got a draw against FC United. 'Smaller' teams usually raise their game in any case. I believe Morgan is on non contract terms...can we sign him up quick before somebody else nabs him. He is pure quality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 am