Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Top of the Leauge

Ozzi

Top of the Leauge

Post by Ozzi on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:42 pm

What a brilliant result this afternoon at Blyth. Down to x10men, the loss of our Talisman Si Ainge. This makes for a mouthwatering fixture next Saturday v joint top of the Leauge Brackley Town at the CNG. Hope our supporters turn out in numbers to get behind the lads. This followed by the Tuesday night fixture at the CNG v 3rd Salford City. My biggest concern is the x2 injuries to Ainge + Knowles. If Ainge not available, it will be an unbeleivable loss to the Team. Fingers crossed Simon + Co bring in an emergency C/Forward. Where from, is anyone's guess.

fulhamphoenix

Re: Top of the Leauge

Post by fulhamphoenix on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Really encouraging results so far but we'll get a more realistic assessment of our league chances after our next 2 matches - we haven't played a top side yet!

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Lost count number of bookings today and a sending off. Ainge looks ready for his operation- knowles looks ready for a long rest- Vann ready for a 3 game ban- We need top class reinforcements so we can continue our terrific start to the season with a really tough September coming up.
    Thought we were worth our win today with a very good team performance.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:57 pm

fulhamphoenix wrote:Really encouraging results so far but we'll get a more realistic assessment of our league chances after our next 2 matches - we haven't played a top side yet!
    Nobody above us to play Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 pm

We are now 2 strikers short so it will be very interesting to see what we do about it!
    Next 5 league games
    Home v Brackley
    Home v Salford
    Away v AFC Telford United
    Away v Southport
    Home v York City
    Shocked

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Well I did not get up to Blythe but Barry Parker hinted that maybe Kennedy might turn to striker - considering where Ainge came from that doesn't sound too daft an idea to me !

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 pm

That's not the answer I was looking at. I think Ainge is a one off. Good job he's not 24/25, otherwise Leauge 1, Leauge 2 clubs would be sniffing. Hopefully a decent loan C/Forward, someone on the fringes of a National Leauge or even Leauge 2 club for a couple of months would fit perfect. Just hope we don't let this fantastic start dip due to lack of investment. Ambition being the key word.

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Well Kennedy has shown an ability to be in the right place at the right time so it might work - maybe worth giving a try as it might take more than 4 days to sign a replacement b4 Brackley.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Will be interesting to see what occurs!!
    R we going for 1st place or top 7 or just 11th again?
    We really need to become serious contenders for promotion at some stage over the next few season to help keep building our support base!!!!!
    Shocked

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Was a bit surprised after going full-time that we have started the season with only one big centre-forward in the squad!
    scratch
    It only takes one small hole in the dam if its there long enough for it to eventually cause it to burst!
    Then you have to re build the whole b#”~y lot again!!!!!!!!
    pale
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Absolutely agree with Big Lundy here, I just can't understand it! We have probably the best Town team ever and we look serious contenders for promotion (for real this time!), yet we could, potentially, squander it all because of a a strike force that is woefully ill eqipped for a full season. Day, with respect, is not ready, Knowles was always a gamble and seems to be injured again. Ainge cerainly proved me wrong with his fantastic start to the season but he is now facing a lay off. We are left with the (excellent) Thewlis. Its insane.

On the facebook page I suggested thinking about a permanent attempt to sign either Liam Hardy from Buxton (regular goal scorer for them, Town old boy to boot) or Gavin Allott (got 4 on Saturday). I got shot down in flames, but i think we need more than a loan signing. The season has barely started (still August) and we are up the creek already with strikers.

Are we REALLY ambitous or not? The club's response to this mini crisis will probably tell us.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 pm

fulhamphoenix wrote:Well Kennedy has shown an ability to be in the right place at the right time so it might work - maybe worth giving a try as it might take more than 4 days to sign a replacement b4 Brackley.

Agree 4 days is not along time to get any sort of replacements so I would move Thomson forward eg behind Trewlis. We have Kennedy for set pieces

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:17 pm

Would be more than happy for us to sign hardy, did macintosh who scored a few for us get signed by anybody? Could be a stop gap for a month or 2, it's a difficult one to sign players on loan in our situation unless they come from a league club, as signing anyone from a lower division on loan,will they be willing to give up there "proper job" for 2/3 months to train full time??
    I can see simon playing Burrell up top on Saturday and bringing Middleton in at the back, Burrell played a few decent games in behind Ainge last season.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Top Cat wrote:
    I can see simon playing Burrell up top on Saturday and bringing Middleton in at the back, Burrell played a few decent games in behind Ainge last season.

Don't think he should mess with the defence imo - another clean sheet please.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:14 am

With Aingey now out until December and Knowlsey also out for some time, we might need to bring in another striker. But trying to get one at this early stage of the season will not be easy.
    Probable solution will be to move Thompson to play just behind Thewliss and bring in the excellent Agnew.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Townfan wrote:With Aingey now out until December and Knowlsey also out for some time, we might need to bring in another striker. But trying to get one at this early stage of the season will not be easy.
    Probable solution will be to move Thompson to play just behind Thewliss and bring in the excellent Agnew.

That's more than likely what will happen, bring emmett out wide? He's be playing great in the middle with falkingham, or leave him there and put Agnew on the right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:12 am