Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Would you?????

Top Cat

Would you?????

Post by Top Cat on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Offer a contract next season to

Peter Crook? Been all out of sorts this season and let's face it conceded some howlers that have cost us a fair few points, seems to have lost a lot of confidence which is key with keepers even looks like simon maybe running out of patience with him, I'd offer him a deal but with the view to him being a decent number 2 and try get someone better in.

JPP-  is injury prone, but clearly on his day has bundles of talent and can score goals in this league, but for a couple of months now something's not been right and has looked massively disinterested, it's a tough one for me as when's he's on it he's up there with the best in the league and can we rely on aingey (if he stays) to score us 20 plus next season? Get his head right and give him another year for me.

Dom Knowles - probably the best 'footballer' in our squad but has been dissapointing since his return to town, appears to be made of glass and is constantly injured, will he be the same player after best part of 2 seasons out injured? My biggest worry is we don't sign him up and he signs for a rival in our division and bangs in 25, so I'd offer him a pay as you play deal to prove his fitness with the incentive of a contract for the following season if he does well.

People's thoughts??
    paulstreet

Re: Would you?????

Post by paulstreet on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:43 pm

On balance_( and they are all tough calls I accept), but no to Crook, sadly. Yes to JP if whatever the 'issues' are can be resolved. And, again sadly, no to Knowles unless he is striker 4. I really think relying on JP, Knowles and Ainge for next year is a big risk. Can Ainge really do it again? Hope so but... Next year is surely do or die, if we go full time and blow it again, where do we go from there? In my view we need two new strikers. Ainge got us out of jail this year, may not happen again.

Blinker

Post by Blinker on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:23 pm

There are positives for everyone of them to stay, but we are 11th in the league, so although some of them are more talented than others and all of them show great heart, we haven!t had a particularly successful season. We all have our 'favourites ' but I think we need to question how we want our team to be defined before its decided who should stay and who should go.
    Do we want big, burly players who like to lump it up in the air and are strong battlers? Or do we want deft, quick players who can play the ball along the ground? Do we want older, stable, experienced players, who need no management; a benevolence club for players in the twilight of their careers? Or do we want young players, who provide energy, may be cheaper and would provide a base to build some sort of legacy on, but who are inconsistent and need strong man management? Or do we want a mixture? The latter would be the best imo, but we have to improve on the management of the players in order for that to be successful - just going full time would not do it. Unfortunately, on many occasions we seem to be the ' kid in the sweet shop' kind of club who bring players in because we can, or because we don't want other clubs to have them, but then sometimes seem to do little with them, cast them aside or somehow make them worse! Whatever route we take, some real thought needs to go in to whatever it is that has gone wrong this season, and what sort of club we want to be, before we can move forward.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 pm

In October/November we had 5/6/7 players missing which coincided with meeting the top 6 teams. We took 1 point (Salford away) from a possible 18. That's what went wrong this season.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 pm

From the people who went today (obviously passionate fans), we were rubbish and it was a strong team. How can we keep making excuses for failure after failure after failure, almost every season? Why should next season be any different?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:31 am