Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
trevdee
Wetherby Mike
Big Lundy
GARAGE
Top Cat
fulhamphoenix
boselecta
11 posters

Stockport- time to see who's who

Top Cat

Stockport- time to see who's who - Page 2 Empty Re: Stockport- time to see who's who

Post by Top Cat Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm

One of the reasons that very few people have to do all the 'hard work' on match days, might be that over the last season and half certain people mentioned in this thread, have mistreated a vast majority of volunteers and they resigned/got pushed out of there roles.

I admire your positive/let's look on the bright side attitude to the club (exactly how those high up want us all to be) but once again the club are having be reactive to certain aspects and problems they've caused instead of proactive in the 1st place, it's happened once to often for a lot of fans and the next time some attempt to sort it out happens I think it will be too late, the horse has already bolted!
    Surplus

Stockport- time to see who's who - Page 2 Empty Re: Stockport- time to see who's who

Post by Surplus Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:28 pm

All a bit corrosive for me. Someone will always need employing, the more folk that help out the easier it is and more can be achieved. At the moment there's a lot of abuse being thrown about but we need to change things. Always said mistakes have been made and they'll be made in the future but it's how we go forward that's important. Can choose to swear, shout and abuse people or we can try to change things.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Same I have heard and seen topcat. Not good people at all and the amount of old town fans who don't go now and stopped over the last few years it speaks volumes. If you don't know whose been treated badly then ask around surplus, you might see that the stinking attitude has been consistent. Who remembers the Charlie carry on? Nothing has changed so although nice your positive attitude it is also a tad deluded. Whole club is run not like any other. The club ain't like any other and we all know why. The Weavers are perfectly happy to have prats piss off the support as all they want is kiddy parties, occasional families, turn up and shut up types, etc supporting. The weavers neither need nor want the support of proper fans as we all see through the shite. I just want the town back I used to watch as a lad. Not this. We have been taken over for the benefit of one bloke and his son.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 pm

My eyes are wide open and as said mistakes have been made and will be made in the future. Name me one organisation or individual who doesn't get it wrong. Trying to keep 500 odd supporters happy plus sponsors and council etc is nigh on impossible. We need the passionate supporters who create the atmosphere but also need the other fans who turn up and the occasional fans, the kids and the first timers who want to see what's going on. The club has to have a level of security, and needs to try and ensure the safety of each fan as well as be a good neighbour. The recent q&a set out the reasoning behind some of the decisions and most were forced by external parties. As I've said, a lot of hard work done behind the scenes day in day out which is not seen. Creating a community club for all is always going to be a precarious balancing act but that is where we can help as fans. We can either build the base or we can keep kicking it.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:20 pm

They can start by using the Henderson Stand for away fans (it was built for that).
    At present, home supporters can only go one way when entering and have to walk all the way around the ground to get to the Clubhouse. Our only means of food is the small place in the top corner of the Seated Stand.
    If we came in through the South End, we then have the choice of two directions.
    This is not rocket science.
    Another problem is forward thinking. At present we have none. Fylde started selling tickets for their Boxing Day game three home games ago and they got nearly 4,000. What did we do? Nothing.
    We have one more game which will be segregated, it will be interesting to see what, if any, lessons we have learned from our previous disasters this season.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Sorry. Forgot one more thing - communication. We are appalling at this.
    Go on our official site and see. Our Women's side are at home to Farsley Celtic tonight, but you wouldn't know it would you.
    Just the latest example. How are our injured getting on etc etc.
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Yet we employ a head of communications! It's also like trying to get blood from a stone when asking them anything on twitter.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:14 am

How did they get on tonight ?
    Answers on a postcard.
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:09 am

Ladies won 10-3. Good quality and great goals. It was publicised on Twitter and shared to HTSC Facebook page but not publicised other wise.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 am

I am not on Facebook or twitter so look to the main site or forum for info.  Surely not too much to ask that the Club keep it's site up to date!!
    Good win.  Have no idea what level Farsley Celtic Ladies play at.  They are not inour league, so must play a t a higher level.
    The latest post on the Club site is three days ago and, I am led to understand, two days ago on twitter.
    Pathetic and amateurish.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Any predictions and line up for return leg against Stockport?
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Can we ever predict Simons next move?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am