Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Curzon- more of the same

Surplus

Re: Curzon- more of the same

Post by Surplus on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:42 am

Whatever happens, we're on a journey. This league is incredibly competitive with Curzon whooping Afc Wimbledon as an example. Fylde are gone and it won't be any easier next season with the likes of York joining the party. Reality check is that the club has changed and moved forward in lots of areas, had growing pains in others and not got things right elsewhere. Time for reflection is at season end when the build for next season occurs.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Easy garage lad......asking a rhetorical question is not having a go or disrespecting your opinion. Jeez this online stuff is a minefield.

He has just achieved something on a shoe string that we all know Weaver would not be able to, so yes would have him.....if nothing else to make the club feel well like a football club again, not this false baloney. As for going up......I do not think you will have to worry about that any time soon...as we have seen year after year. Just a play thing for a house builder and his son.
    Oh and the stands....Yes lovely. Cheers football Trusts. But I used to get more excited at going with all the old boys I used to who saw through years ago what the club was becoming and no longer go. Again like I say the club had some redeemable qualities to it. Shite stands but good people. People who were in it for the club not their own grubby little futures and plans. Take me back there.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Didn't curzon blow it in stand out style. Lost 3 1 at rudderless Boston last night as well. Really hope that doesn't say anything about our chances against county. Like you surplus been looking forward to this double header. Just some nice free flowing football as per some of the great performances last year would be very welcome after this horror run.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Agreed Lip up! After last season we all got our heads up and believed. Signings were good and made sense strengthening areas, pre season went ok against various opposition. Thing I overlooked was just how tough each game would be. Make no mistake, every game is a slog. Have mistakes been made, of course, but that's the nature of football. Why haven't we done better, probably a number of factors with injuries really knocking our momentum. Individual errors, lack of concentration and being found out are in there. If we can put a run together we can still challenge but it gets slimmer each fixture. Are other teams due injuries, suspensions and pitch cancellations for their training and matches that affect performances let's hope so. Off the pitch, we've got to keep the faith as getting on people's backs doesn't help anyone, least of all the club. We can't go back, we need to go forward and hope that the hard work that we don't see as fans pays off. To see the PDC, women's teams and juniors training and playing is the future. The quality programme, online stuff and merchandise are all getting better and testament to hard work. The home and away support and atmosphere are second to none and the cheese and onion pasties are good. The banter is worthy of a standup comedian. But we have to work at and grow it. We all moan, we're all passionate, but so are the players and management. On the radio, commentators said how the goodison crowd lifted Everton to a win over arsenal. We can't control what happens on the pitch, but we can influence it. We need to continue getting behind this team and help to drive them on. Let's keep it constructive, keep it passionate and be positive.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Looks like the season is now over . Mid table footy I'm afraid. Get another 3 or 4 losing ganes and we will be hovering just above the relegation zone. Very disappointing !

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:53 am

Yep! Still time but getting tighter. Soon be a rear guard action if we're not careful

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 am

There still is time to turn it all round but I am pessimistic about the will and capability of doing so. Simon Weaver is here to stay , for obvious reasons of who owns the club but his post match interviews are too calm and matter of fact to me. He seems to think our problems are that we are competing against clubs with bigger budgets. But that is too comfortable an excuse. It's a sad early end to the season; I don't hold out much hope unless drastic action & a new stimulus is somehow found. This bad run has gone on far far too long now.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:58 am

Not sure I have heard him say about budgets to be fair and thankfully(!) as that would be full blown lala land if he is saying he has to make do with smaller budgets against other clubs we play. We have a top 5 budget easy, practically full time now as it is. Sure I read on here and twitter a few months back that we paid transfer fees for Thanoj and Leesley so we don't do badly there. Haven't they gone down hill at town!
    Is a sad way to go this season as you say - some brilliant moments last season that Simon takes credit for - getting a team playing via a 442 some great stuff - the Moors thrashing, FCUM at home. Just nice, honest footy - with pace on the wings, some reet goals.
    Aye up - when did polo lad join? Maybe he is a curse! Or maybe Weaver was lucky......even a stopped clock tells the right time....as me nan used to say.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:32 pm

fulhamphoenix wrote:Look let's face it, today's performance makes it crystal clear, we are not good enough at the moment to fulfill our ambitions.
    Players not good enough and management/players factor not good enough.
    We all thought at the beginning of the season that we qualified to be up there, but for some reason we and the club got it wrong.
    Re today's game which I attended, my view saw that they had some chances, maybe not clear cut, but where were ours, did we have any?
    A defeat against lowly curzon tells me that we can no longer make excuses for our own deficiences.
    We deserve to be mid-table at best - please no more excuses.
    I'll still be there home and mostly away till end of season but next season I'll reassess.
    Curzon 3-2 Fylde.
    Have Fylde got those deficiencies as well.
    This League is tough, from top to (almost) bottom. There are no easy games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content