1) Knowles. Clearly has some talent but seems almost permanently injured. And doesn't really score enough.
2) Robertson Looked lethal in pre-season but has since largely disappeared. I believe he has been ill, but don't know how serious this is. Does he still feature in SW's plans?
3) JPP Clearly our most talented striker and has been scoring goals. But he does seem to have a history of injury problems, and doesn't look too robust to me. And certainly need support.
4) Chib Chilaks (remember him?) Hardly ever gets injured, but hardly ever gets a game! Never left the bench on Saturday.
The young lad from Bradford (I can never remember his name!). Came with glowing references, but again has hardly played. Does anyone know why not?
And now we have Aing he was brought in as a makeshift striker. He scored so maybe SW will persevere.
This seems to me to be a bit of a mess, particularly for a club with such high ambitions at the start of the season.
So what do we do?
1) muddle along and hope it all works out
2) try and use the loan market again
3) try and find a hotshot operating at Tier 3 or below and hope we hit the jackpot
4) go for broke and try and sign a 'big name' from somewhere. Probably a fantasy at this stage of the season. I doubt if Danny Rowe is available at ANY price!
I know you all think I'm delusional, but why not try ad get Armstrong from Blyth. Just for the rest of the season? He is still scoring for them, and might just make the difference.
Anyway, I'd like some thoughts on this issue.