Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Tarah everyone

Tarah everyone

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Decided after what I have read on FB from the likes of Craig, Daniel’s treatment and other folk, a convo I had with someone who knew the workings of the club well and what I saw on Tuesday that the more I know and talk about the club the more it is gob smacking in its actions and, particularly, blame culture used to excuse basic failings. It is not pretty and all the Ladies, dev work etc done does not get around the ugly attitude by some towards the basic elements of a football club at this level, its fans and its volunteers.

So feck it, my interest in town, whilst certain people are still at the club, will be through going with friends to watch games of football and say hello to a few good people who watch town when I see you. So will be my last post here and on FB. It is simply not worth investing any more time or concern than using it as an occasion to watch a local football game. Far more important things in life worth spending time on than this situation. I think we all know deep down how it will turn out. Rats, ship, sinking, IF a certain employee gets a new job.

Will just leave with this regarding the latest round of BS this time regarding our head of comms and the meeting…..

As they said, that lad is inexperienced and needs checking up on…….His attitude is nowt to do with them…….he could never have got that attitude from others at the club……he just wrote what he did and then responded to Jordan’s text as he did entirely off his own back. His attitude he had got from no one but himself.

Yeah right. Another Town blame game.

IMO, he was naively (and showing his sheer inexperience in having such a role) just expressing what he has picked up from others during his time at the club. An attitude shown in certain club policies and actions by the club which have been there long before the Head of Communications started. It is inherent in the club about fans who dare question anything or say anything against the back drop of badly thought out decisions. It has been shown before. #fragileinsinceresupporters

Ours is not a place to question, hence the efforts to control the FB group, this messageboard in the past.

In this instance. What happened to the head of comms after the gross misconduct he has shown? A third hand apology and carry on son – you got a paper and radio station desperate for editorial copy to do some town coverage. What happened to complaints about a heavy handed security firm? Nothing. What happened to requests for a fan to be involved in a non financial capacity at board level. A big feck off. Lip service.

The we know way better approach. Well with a big wedge of cash at this level you might seem like you merit speaking from a position of achievement but as I have heard from other players and even not one but two club officials from other clubs at away matches, they know the score. They ridicule elements of what goes on at town.

As for the no one checking or then reading the programme in any official capacity at the club pre or during the match…..must have been another “clerical error” it would seem. No wonder they need even more people to run a non-league club. So many cooks.

To be fair, at least the “Head of Communication” was being honest in presenting his contempt of many of the core fans in that article and his dealings with fans.

Of presenting a type of attitude that is hard to look beyond when it comes to the club, when you see the long, long list of folk in a multitude of capacities that the club has managed to alienate and upset over the years.

From club official level, to head steward, to passionate fans like Craig, to a long list of players, to volunteers in catering or stewarding. To people who helped on the internet, or wrote reports. 3 point Charlie Lockwood and that pitiful scapegoating?

These aren’t one offs, this is consistent year after year. Anyone thinking a lip service based initiative spoken briefly about will work long term is naïve to the consistent failings and obvious attitude that the unique set up brings. Do not forget the shite that has gone before; it says more than any absent apologies or programme notes will.

Always someone else’s fault. Off and on the pitch.

Just for reference….familiar http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/harrogate-town-q-a-weavers-address-fans-issues-1-6112190
    paulstreet

Re: Tarah everyone

Post by paulstreet on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Hope you will continue to post Carefree we need someone to speak truth to power!

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Sorry Paul, really not worth the time and heartache. There are a few that will but why stand in a few when the many can see the real issues and stay mute when it matters.

The more you think about this all the more it just obstructs the joy of football that can be had elsewhere and the fun of going to matches for the sake of seeing friends and not thinking about the whys and the BS.

Just waiting for instructions on how to unregister from this site and will be off.

Cheers Paul and maybe see you sometime at a game.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Goodbye.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Is this from Carefree? Just shows as guest now.

KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:38 pm

HTAFC Away Travel wrote:Is this from Carefree? Just shows as guest now.

Yes it was
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Let us at least try and keep this as a forum where different opinions can be aired. Deadly dull otherwise.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:21 am

Hope to still natter with you carefree, either on here or in person. I also want to get back to moaning about on pitch antics, so being an optimist I'm hopeful everything goes low level off the pitch and we get back to winning ways and continue to learn as a club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content