Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

West Riding County Cup

paulstreet

Re: West Riding County Cup

Post by paulstreet on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:38 pm

On the plus side at last a proper results page in the programme! Good one too, so congrats to the person responsible. I need something to lift my spirits. This season looked so good as well...sad, sad, sad.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Somehow got to get this season back on track. The facebook group is raging and whilst we've got endeavour on the pitch we can turn it around. Need some cool heads to sort out the on pitch stuff and talking to draw a line under the off pitch stuff. Frustrating!!!

boselecta

Post by boselecta on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Surplus wrote:Just listened to SW's post match interview. Not happy and doesn't pull punches. Thing is how do you go about changing things mid season. No reason why we couldn't beat Tamworth today and again Parker going off injured led to an enforced change but we just sat deep and gave them space. Really disappointed and what with the self inflicted stuff off the pitch........
    Got to question SW tactics.Best CB not even on the bench..again?
    After last season I really thought we would kick on 2016 /17 Yet, a third in this season we look like a team so ,so miss jointed all over the pitch.
    Said along we were a team in a false position.Did I lie?
    3-4-3... what a load of shite...

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:09 am

Thought 1st half we were value for money, not overly convinced on the formation but their 3rd goal killed us. It was a matter of time then. Ainge for me was MoM. Have to see if the hairdryer approach works!
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:03 am

paulstreet wrote:On the plus side at last a proper results page in the programme! Good one too, so congrats to the person responsible. I need something to lift my spirits. This season looked so good as well...sad, sad, sad.

Did you not notice the page where Mr Communication decided to write a patronising article about a group of loyal fans? Seriously below the belt and a kick in the teeth for fans who travel home and away to support the team. He needs to go asap he is like poison and hence the rage on the Facebook page.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 am

Time for cool heads everywhere. Need to draw a line and reset both on and off the pitch. Really disappointed with how things are turning out at the moment. Should be focused on the team and results and not infighting and rear guard actions. It's in no ones interest, least of all the club and it's supporters. I would encourage folk to attend the Supporters Group meeting where issues can be discussed with a view to hopefully getting this car crash back on the road.
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:41 am

The supporters club meeting will achieve bugger all
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:50 am

I only referred to the results page Trev. Agree totally about that article, it made my blood boil. There is I fear a rather unpleasant authoritarian streak manifesting itself.They want us all to be nice, obedient cheer leaders for 'the project'. They have no understanding of football supporters, we can be a bit bolshie, especially if our team keeps losing!

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:51 am

It might or it might not. Can only use the mechanisms that are currently present though.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:11 am

I see our manager has thrown his Teddy out of his pram after the loss on saturday blaming the players .Surely with 4 people in the dugout they should be able to control it themselves. Maybe we need 8 in there to really sort it out .Most teams have only 2  and seem to be ok.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Thought his comments were spot on.
    They had a long session indoors this morning before coming out to train.  Maybe a few home truths and honesty from the players.
    Since we seem to be lumping everything under the heading of West Riding County Cup, I see we are at home to the Class of 92's toy team in the FA trophy.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Whats the good of all the instructions from the 4 in the dug out if they play like that . Maybe they need a loudspeaker to be heard.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

That was one of the points he made. Suggest you listen to it again.
    Maybe he got his point across to the players in the two hours they spent behind closed doors this morning.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:42 pm

This is still a good squad of players, but desperately need a win for confidence (and points!). And need Kerry and JPP back full time.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Townfan wrote:That was one of the points he made.  Suggest you listen to it again.
    Maybe he got his point across to the players in the two hours they spent behind closed doors this morning.
    My point is if things are going wrong then surely with 4 in the dugout they should be able between them to change things instantly or what's the use of being there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm