Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
Townfan
GARAGE
fulhamphoenix
trevdee
Surplus
Chips97
HTAFC Away Travel
Big Lundy
AndyPark
super_les
Darlofan97
15 posters

.....Darlo.....

trevdee
    trevdee

.....Darlo..... - Page 3 Empty Re: .....Darlo.....

Post by trevdee Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:38 am

Tommyb I was speaking hypothetical with a massive hint of sarcasm! Mr PC, I won't be apologising to anyone and I shall be at work on Monday morning...The majority of people know who I am, ask around and come see me next home game, or even better at Salford, look forward to it.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:42 pm

I would hope Simon would be too busy come Monday, as would the rest of the coaching staff and maybe even yourself Tommy to be listening in person to someone in person coming to say that in person. Most folk have to work to earn money to be able go and pay money to get to Salford - will you be travelling under your own wallet? Given the post match, nothing to do with me guv style avoidance of responsibility why are you surprised that folk might make hypothetical comment on a facet of town that has been ongoing for years......see it is now the squad players who ain't good enough. Not the glaring issues in picking a midfielder who is right footed on the left of a CB 3. Or pairing two kids up front. Or to continue playing a system which worked for 45mins at a Fylde side playing pretty badly for their recent high standards. But hay that is what Mondays daytime training is for. See that extra contact time is having the desired impact on getting the most out of the very handsome budget Simon has at his disposal.

Yes we have injuries but all clubs bloody do, we act at town like it is some kind of HTFC only issue. We should also have the squad capable of absorbing it.....given we have signed players like JP, Parker, Robertson and some existing players who have well known injury issues are these injuries really a surprise?

What we are seeing, however, is the same as every season; Senior players who have been bought in in the summer take till autumn to get wise to how it is at Town and its 'unique' set up. Their heads drop and by January we bring in a new cast of lads or rely on hungry kids who don't care/know as much to be impacted by the issues seem to plague aspects of man management and tactical approach.

All of this would not be so bad, as teams lose, we have no god given right to do anything, despite the very nice budget, in this division especially this year, especially in the context of previous seasons but were it not for the double whammy of the shite served up off the pitch.

This week we had the decision to shut the gates early and had some stewards telling a group of fans 20mins after kick off that they would not be able to let them in. Saxon Security, Plants army of suitably misinformed prison officer wannabes were welcoming yet again. Asking to check a 50 year old womens hand bag ffs.

All I want and many others is a club where we can buy stuff from the club shop, have a drink at half time, make a bit of noise, have a cigarette without thinking I am 16 again at school, have a chat in passing to volunteers who get the club and the fans, feel like our club isn't run by a make it up as you go along, out of his depth bloke, with 0 accountability for the piss poor mistakes he makes.

Keep your chin up Trev, we have Salford to look forward to!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 pm

One good aspect from yesterday!!!!

Darlo's performance, thought they were brilliant on the break. Great backing as well, tho could maybe sang a tad more. Nice to see the local pubs getting a good bit of custom from these away fans recently.

Like the attendance - how many more that the Halifax match??
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Injuries have some part to play in this continuing slump (love the optimism surplus!), especially Kerry and Pittman, but, as others have said, this was mainly a strong team and should have been able to compete. Never really seen Day before, but he looked a bit out of his depth at this level, the loanee scored a great goal but not much else. What worries me is the huge contrast in skill and commitment levels of the two teams, they played some wonderful football, were quick, lively, direct. We were like 11 strangers who had arrived 10 minutes before kick off and asked to put a yellow and black shirt on. Why? I can only assume the famous Monday all dayers involve drinking cups of tea and watching daytime TV. These guys are on darn good money, why can't they play half way decent football?

I've ben trying to avoid criticising you know who, but the post match interviews are testing my patience, same old waffle every time, never a scintilla of self reflection or acceptance of responsibility.

Oh well 8th now, quite possibly 10th this time next week.

Incidentally, when Dave Syers became available, why were we not in there like a shot? He has links with Town and would have been a great signing.

Losing aint the problem, its how you lose and we blew it yet again in front of a massive crowd. So disappointing.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:17 pm

If you ain't got optimism Paul, what are you left with. Really got to string some wins together and soon!
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Five consecutive defeats, all in October and all against the clubs now holding the top five places. Must be some sort of unwanted club record! November doesn't look too promising with the three scheduled league matches against those 7th 9th and 10th. We don't normally take the FA Trophy very seriously but it could be an opportunity to turn our season round (or back to where it started). Worth remembering that North Ferriby won it completely unexpectedly and went on to promotion the following season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:33 pm

There is always the WRCC! I really fancy our chances in that. Chin might even be allowed to play!!
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:59 am

Trev your embarrassing, anybody with half a brain can see that we're having an injury crisis. We will come through this. Look forward to seeing your witty comments when we do. any body remember Salford and halifaxs run of results when they were in the same situation? Yes they both didn't win for a run of games. best thing we can do is get behind the lads and stop mentioning people killing kids.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Yeah ok then Mike...sorry I meant Tommy!
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Witty as per usual. Well done trev.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am