Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
CCOB
Townfan
HTAFC Away Travel
gedmaloney
paulstreet
TheNeil30
wetherby58
boselecta
Top Cat
13 posters

Brid & Gloucester

Surplus

Brid & Gloucester  Empty Brid & Gloucester

Post by Surplus Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Possibly could've done without a replay against Brid on Tuesday at the CNG but suppose it'll keep match fitness up. Does anyone know if Rob Cundy is still playing/on loan at Gloucester as he played a blinder last time round at ours!
    GARAGE

Brid & Gloucester  Empty Re: Brid & Gloucester

Post by GARAGE Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:39 pm

I'm speechless for a change on that performance today. We had 60/70 percent of the possession but never looking likely to score against a team 3 leagues below us.
    We have Crook now starting to throw the ball out but that now is a minor problem. What has happened to Leesleys crossing of the ball which used to be head height but now is sky high.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Need to steady this ship, professional job on Tuesday then 3 pts off Gloucester to set us up for October which is looking like a tough month of games.
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:18 pm

What a poor performance today. Brid offered nothing other than just getting in the way,Shiels giving the ball away on Brids only attack of the first half and scoring.
    Long high balls going nowhere and just plain poor football. The highlights was the 6 yellow cards and the straight red for the Brid players and the regular scoring from the Rugby side playing next door.
    If we don't score 6 or more in the reply we don't deserve anything.
    Octobers fixtures on this performance looking ominous,a real bad day at the office today
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Just win on Tuesday and it's done with! But those getting the money need to sort it out as we've learnt naff all for 1st quarter of the season, perform like today for next 7/8 league games we'll be 10th by Xmas
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Just back from drowning my sorrows at the pub and I feel I'm on suicide watch after that pathetic performance.
    What are you going to do about it Simon? We need some new blood.  Robertson surely must go after that inept performance.We need a more physic
    al presence up front. Why is Chib being ignored?
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:20 pm

Another performance at the wrong end of my season's expectations.
    They deserved a draw .. I don't remember us having a shot until Leesley equalised (Leesley had a shocking game today - I was all for dropping him until he scored the equaliser, then he nearly won it for us!).
    Why does Crooke so often look like a disaster waiting to happen ? Turner 'saved' his blushes off the line today. Why can't our centre backs initiate an attack through accurate passing instead of taking the easy way out of booting it aimlessly skyward?
    My expectations for our next 8 league games are pretty low. But Weaver's bought players who you imagine he sees getting the team into at least the top 5 at the end of the season. Things can be turned around. We'll see, of course.
    At least Alfreton knocked fylde out of the cup 1-0, so solely on a form line through that result, Town must be as good as Fylde, and if that turns out to be true, bring on the remaining three quarters of the season!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:39 am

Well, if this is our blip then let's get it done and back onto winning on Tuesday. Must be a reason why the long ball game comes into play as we know they can play it around on the ground. Still say this is a good team and capable of getting into playoffs. Just need to nail consistency!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Was not there yesterday but looking at some posts on here, looks like nothing as changed...Really like JPP but was as happened to Robertson?When ever I watch him play he seems so disinterested. Pre season he looked hungry now ..the opposite .I know Clayt's had is critics but he always looked up for a challenge and I really think we are missing that this season. Chib for such a big physical presence fails to deliver when ever he gets a chance.Oh, how I wish we had Denton leading the line this season,with JPP alongside him we really would be flying...
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:54 pm

8pm kick off !!!!
    Anybody know why. If it goes to penalties (God forbid), we will still be there on Wednesday.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:51 pm

Listening to radio York after the game on Saturday they said the 8pm ko was to allow the Bridlington players enough time to get to Harrogate after finishing work as they all have full time jobs. Must have been a request from Bridlington that we agreed to.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:44 am

Lets give them 2 goals start as well in fact lets just give them the game. We get dafter !!
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:41 am

GARAGE wrote:Lets give them 2 goals start as well in fact lets just give them the game. We get dafter !!

It's 15 minutes later than normal to allow their players additional time to get to Harrogate. The traffic around York at that time will be dreadful too.

Good on us for doing this I say. It's only 15 minutes!
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:19 am

Any change to the admissions price anyone ? Only £ 6 at Brid !
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 am

Nice to know the club has more consideration for their opponents than their loyal bleedin' supporters! Not everyone, believe it or not, has a car or lives within walking distance of the ground. Some of us proles have to use public transport. 7.45 kick offs are bad enough, but 8.00 p.m. Jesus. It means I either have to miss about half an hour of the second half and get the 9.45 train or watch the game and get the 10.45 and get home at 11.30! Great choice.

Still, i'm just a loyal season ticket holder, so what do I matter?
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:20 pm

paulstreet wrote:Nice to know the club has more consideration for their opponents than their loyal bleedin' supporters! Not everyone, believe it or not, has a car or lives within walking distance of the ground. Some of us proles have to use public transport. 7.45 kick offs are bad enough, but 8.00 p.m. Jesus. It means I either have to miss about half an hour of the second half and get the 9.45 train or watch the game and get the 10.45 and get home at 11.30! Great choice.

Still, i'm just a loyal season ticket holder, so what do I matter?

You mean you were not consulted about the kick off time?

What on earth are the club thinking about!

WEAVER OUT
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 pm

TheNeil30 wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:Lets give them 2 goals start as well in fact lets just give them the game. We get dafter !!

It's 15 minutes later than normal to allow their players additional time to get to Harrogate. The traffic around York at that time will be dreadful too.

Good on us for doing this I say. It's only 15 minutes!

If Bridlington get thro they will need a Sunday ko to allow them time to get there.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:31 am

Purely an oversight Neil30, I'm sure my regular meetings with the powers that be at the CNG will continue in the future. Seriously tho', isn't this 8.00 p.m. kick off a bummer, we did not need to offer it. Brid presumably play some of their away league games on Tuesdays with 7.45 kick offs, probably at grounds further away than ours. Their players work full time (shock, horror!), don't virtually all players at this stage of the FA Cup work full time? (Fylde excepted, of course!). All the other FA Cup replays are kicking off at 7.45 I believe, no whinging from any of those teams.

Anyway don't we want to beat these lower league so and so's? If they have to change in the coach, that would be fine by me! A bit less of this Olympian sporting ethos, please .

Not that I'm obsessing about this you understand!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Are we giving them the home dressing room and the gate receipts as well?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Probably, and a free Strata home to boot! Just as long as we beat the b.....s!

No more Mr Nice Guy please.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Maybe it's got something to do with us having to give them 2hrs to train on our 3G pitch before kick-off.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:22 pm

That'll make sense as pdc is on till 6 so the juniors can fill brid with fear before our bigger boys turn up to take the ball off them at 8

Last edited by Surplus on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:29 pm

wetherby58 wrote:Any change to the admissions price anyone ? Only £ 6 at Brid !

Adults £8
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:50 am

Phew !!! We made it by the narrowest of margins . Good game to watch for the neutrals. Congratulations to Brid . for giving us a really tough game. We seem to need 6 chances to score one goal. Thanks again to Chib  we are still there . He seems to be our FA cup hero.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:24 am

GARAGE wrote:Phew !!! We made it by the narrowest of margins . Good game to watch for the neutrals. Congratulations to Brid . for giving us a really tough game. We seem to need 6 chances to score one goal. Thanks again to Chib  we are still there . He seems to be our FA cup hero.

Relieved to be through but really need to be putting teams like that to bed. Two defensive errors let them back in to the game when we should have been out of sight.

Thought Jack Emmett caused them constant problems and for me, was man of the match.

I like the look of Brooksby too who seems to have something about it.

Spoke with Lloyd before the game who said he would be running again next week to regain his fitness with a view to playing again in December.

Noticed that Parker was training before the match too.

Jordan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 pm