Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Under 17s and 19s

Under 17s and 19s

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Does anyone know if we are still running these teams?

Heard via a friend whose son played U17s that both teams had been disbanded. Anyone know if this is true?

Re: Under 17s and 19s

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Anyone care to confirm if these teams have been disbanded?

Have we swapped two key stages of youth development for the football club for a ladies team?
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Seem to remember seeing or hearing somewhere that we had an Under 17 side.
    I wouldn't hold your breath though, our Ladies side played last Sunday and our Under 21's played on Monday. Anybody seen anything on our web site yet?

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Nothing has changed - with the exception of the intro of a ladies team.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:49 am

Ged.
    Why is our web sight so bad . Its never up to date .Do we not have anyone to control it or is the club not bothered. People on here have offered their help i believe but nothing happens. The club web site is the first thing that people look at when looking at HTFC. We have gone over this before but still nothing happens but we sometimes get promises that never materialise.It used to be reasonable when the person who left was running it but hes never been replaced.
    An honest answer would be appreciated.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:50 am

GARAGE wrote:Ged.
    Why is our web sight so bad . Its never up to date .Do we not have anyone to control it or is the club not bothered. People on here have offered their help i believe but nothing happens. The club web site is the first thing that people look at when looking at HTFC. We have gone over this before but still nothing happens but we sometimes get promises that never materialise.It used to be reasonable when the person who left was running it but hes never been replaced.

I will look into this and respond soonest - in the meantime what 3 (no more) improvements, additions would you make to the website Basketball

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 am

gedmaloney wrote:

I will look into this and respond soonest - in the meantime what 3 (no more) improvements, additions would you make to the website Basketball

I will leave that question open for discussion on here . People have been making suggestions already .

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:24 am

GARAGE wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

I will leave that question open for discussion on here . People have been making suggestions already .

I have taken the point made on previous forum posts which major on the need for a results page. To be honest I asked for your opinion - if you want action please forward the 3 improvements.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:17 am

Proper results page with attendances.
    Information/fixtures/results for all our sides - ladies, juniors, aliens

Chips97

Post by Chips97 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:27 am

Townfan wrote:Proper results page with attendances.
    Information/fixtures/results for all our sides - ladies, juniors, aliens
    100000% agree!! The fixture list hasn't even updated with the Bridlington game :/

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:48 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

I have taken the point made on previous forum posts which major on the need for a results page. To be honest I asked for your opinion - if you want action please forward the 3 improvements.

1] Under match fixtures we need completed results + scorers+attendances
    2] Under Team we need all teams u/17 u/19 u/21 + ladies with fixtures + results for all +1st team
    3] Less use of twitter for news . It should be on the web site.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Good to see the club is finally taking notice of our concerns here. Not just the website Ged, but the programme as well.

The three essentials for BOTH are:

1) A results matrix (see the middle pages of last season's programme): Date/Opponents/H or A/Competion/Attendance/Result/Position/Team from 1 to 17 indicating yellow or red card and goalscorers. You did it last season, why not this season

2)A Stat Attack (again see last season's programme). League Table/Form Last 5/Leading Scorers

3) Roll Call 2016/7 (again see the programme). Player appearances/Card Count/Town Goalscorers

You asked for three only, but what the heck, a couple more ideas, first one actually very important. Proper coverage of our other teams: Women/under 21/19/17 Results, fixtures, bit of news.

It would be nice to have a semi-regular item from Rachel about player injuries etc.

Re: the programme. I don't really understand why we don't seem to have a named programme editor. It can't be money! In the past both Bob Head and Peter Arnett have produced excellent programmes. No-one now seems to take responsibility.

Lets hope something actually happens now.

zzzz

Post by zzzz on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:53 pm

The club has forgotten about it's fans, the press officer is a useless waste of space , it's becoming a greedy corporate machine

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:30 pm

zzzz wrote:The club has forgotten about it's fans, the press officer is a useless waste of space , it's becoming a greedy corporate machine

Or alternatively, we are now attracting more families and women than ever before, on the second point You are entitled to your opinion but mine is at the other end of the spectrum whilst acknowledging that there is always scope for improvement, and your final point - if greedy corporate machine=we lose less money than before and the club can be self financing in the future, then you are bang on the money.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:28 pm

I would humbly suggest a sub group gets setup out of the SG meeting to take forward some of these ideas around the website with a list of ideas finalised which will help to shape the new website as it will have to happen at some stage.

Could fans be asked to volunteer to maintain the stats side of things on the website and ensure it is up to date?

Can some of the excellent articles in the matchday program go onto the website as fans want as much info as possible?

Could someone do a tactics piece on formations or intricacies of the game and how you setup to counter an opponent?

FC Utd's radio analysis post match was superb. Can we replicate that with Town radio?

Can we constructively review the matchday program and gather feedback as to what other additions fans feel they want to see in there? Personally think it's very good but doesn't mean we can't improve and evolve!

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:34 pm

zzzz wrote:The club has forgotten about it's fans, the press officer is a useless waste of space , it's becoming a greedy corporate machine

£8 entry for the cup replay - well done zzzzz!!!!!!!

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I see the fixture list on the website has now been updated with our results.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:31 pm

HTAFC Away Travel wrote:I see the fixture list on the website has now been updated with our results.
    Under 17s, Under 19s and Ladies ? I know some games have now been played.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Can only see First Team and Ladies.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:44 am

GARAGE wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

1] Under match fixtures we need completed results + scorers+attendances
    2] Under Team we need all teams u/17 u/19 u/21 + ladies with fixtures + results for all +1st team
    3] Less use of twitter for news . It should be on the web site.

Ged
    Please look at the new league table on the web !
    We need correct details or what is the point of us having them.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:45 am

At the risk of boring everyone to death, can I also add that the programme (good as it is in many ways), STILL (as of Saturday) does not have a results page, or leading scorers, or player appearances. In fact virtually no stats at all (bar the league table). Some excellent colour photos etc. but a couple of pages of thses could be sacrificed for some stats...the lifeblood of football!

Ged, is there any reason why this is the case? I can't see any logical reason for it.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:59 am

Dear me, league table is wrong (OK you are printing someone else's, but check it first!), and the Gloucester result still not on the site.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:14 pm

Under 21's at home tonight against Goole.

Kick off 7:30

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm

HTAFC Away Travel wrote:Under 21's at home tonight against Goole.

Kick off 7:30

Are you not off to Big Drum practice on St Nicholas?

New signing for the KOP.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKnkI1ISSEw

UTG

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:42 pm

Won 9-0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 am