Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

And we're on for FC Utd!

Surplus

And we're on for FC Utd!

Post by Surplus on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Always liked these guys. The fact that they didn't like what their club was doing so they created a club they could feel valued in is a tribute to them. The fact that I want 3pts out of this game is obvious, but more than that want to see a performance that shows that lessons have been learnt and we can adapt. The first 38 mins against Curzon were very good and we need to replicate more of the quick passing and intricate link up play that allows us to move quickly up the pitch. Here's hoping for 3 pts, a tasty cheese and onion pasty and some good banter.

GARAGE

Re: And we're on for FC Utd!

Post by GARAGE on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:02 pm

How many expected from FC United for a midweek game

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:42 pm

They seem to get good numbers. Hopefully be a cracking night and everyone at town turns up and clinically finishes this game off. Looking forward to it as we will learn a lot about the character of this current team.

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:34 am

Not sure how many we will bring tomorrow, probably in the region of about 300, don't worry about the three points I reckon it will be easier than the game at your place last season, we aren't very good at the moment, we went on a run after the game last season so lets hope the same happens after tomorrow.

Hopefully there wont be any unwanted visitors at half time again.

HorsforthStu

Post by HorsforthStu on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 am

Really looking forward to this one. Very Happy

HorsforthStu

Post by HorsforthStu on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"After careful consideration and close liaison with the Police, we have decided that our match against FCUM on Tuesday 6 September at The CNG Stadium will be segregated.

Away supporters should enter the ground via The South Gate turnstile and access The Sterling Motors Stand.

Home supporters will access the ground through the North Gate Turnstile, and enjoy the game from either The Henderson Insurance Stand or The Johnstone's Paint Family Stand.

Both sets of fans will have access to catering and toilet facilities in their respective areas of the stadium. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind all supporters that smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere inside The CNG Stadium."

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 am

Yep, real shame it's gone segregated as got a lot of time for FC and personally enjoy nattering with fans from different clubs. Do any of the othe Manchester clubs get bothered such as Salford or is it just you guys?

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 am

Just us I reckon, we've had sporadic visits all over Yorkshire over the last twelve seasons, by the way are we behind the goal or down the side, I don't seem to be able to find a website with the stand names on.

HorsforthStu

Post by HorsforthStu on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:37 am

7eric7 wrote:Just us I reckon, we've had sporadic visits all over Yorkshire over the last twelve seasons, by the way are we behind the goal or down the side, I don't seem to be able to find a website with the stand names on.

Down the side.

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:41 am

Cheers, thought the sensible thing to do would be give us the new stand behind the goal with a couple of portaloos and a burger van, so will we get the teabar and toilets in the clubhouse.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:16 pm

You'll probably get the stand alone tea shop and portaloos as 1919 is for home support. Imagine they'll close the door by the turnstiles and put a gate across and same at other end of wetherby rd stand or sterling motors stand. Home support will be seated or Henderson stand behind goal. Maybe got this wrong but think that's how it will work.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Surplus wrote:You'll probably get the stand alone tea shop and portaloos as 1919 is for home support. Imagine they'll close the door by the turnstiles and put a gate across and same at other end of wetherby rd stand or sterling motors stand. Home support will be seated or Henderson stand behind goal. Maybe got this wrong but think that's how it will work.

Yes - that's right. Same as when it was segregated for Grimsby last season.

Right decision in my opinion to segregate given trouble last year albeit, I realise that this was caused by fans of another team turning up. Unfortunately, some Town fans and families were caught up in this, and if the same happened again, the club would have some explaining to do.

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Totally agree, sadly it's the correct decision.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:21 pm

7eric7 wrote:Totally agree, sadly it's the correct decision.

Sure The Woodlands and The Empress will be open.

Both turnstiles will be open too so hopefully queue won't be too bad.

Enjoy the game but not too much!
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:54 pm

I am led to believe that the Manchester police have information regarding approx 20 FCUM "fans" who are coming looking for trouble. Together with the incidents from last season, we get segregation.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Townfan wrote:I am led to believe that the Manchester police have information regarding approx 20 FCUM "fans" who are coming looking for trouble. Together with the incidents from last season, we get segregation.

Makes sense given the U turn on it. Last I heard the 'club' had 'emailed' the police and said they didn't need to segregate, even though people who know folk in the force at HG had been told that no such message had been given. Fact and fiction seem to be very close together in the minds of someone at Wetherby Road, yet again as folk make it up as they go along with no fecking clue at all about football or indeed how to treat well meaning folk.

Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:20 pm

I won't use the words supporters or fans but I find it hard to understand why the trouble caused by those claiming some sort of allegiance to Manchester or Leeds has been allowed to fester for 12 years. It is hardly what the founders of FCUM had in mind when they opted for non league football. One of the advantages of the relatively small crowds at non league is that it should be easy to deal with trouble makers so it is high time that the police identified the ringleaders and the courts imposed life time bans. Incidentally there is a Harrogate branch of Leeds United Supporters club. I know nothing about them but it would be good if they completely dissociated themselves from any past, present or future trouble at Town/FCUM matches.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:54 pm

[quote="Carefree"]
    Townfan wrote:I am led to believe that the Manchester police have information regarding approx 20 FCUM "fans" who are coming looking for trouble. Together with the incidents from last season, we get segregation.

Makes sense given the U turn on it. Last I heard the 'club' had 'emailed' the police and said they didn't need to segregate, even though people who know folk in the force at HG had been told that no such message had been given. Fact and fiction seem to be very close together in the minds of someone at Wetherby Road, yet again as folk make it up as they go along with no fecking clue at all about football or indeed how to treat well meaning folk.

[/quote

WOW! What utter garbage.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:01 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Carefree wrote:

[/quote

WOW! What utter garbage.

'Garbage' people at the club have been saying Ged. So your own freshly created garbage. Again.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Let's just get behind the team on the pitch. We can all reflect and bring ideas up at the SG meeting
    slicker

Post by slicker on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:27 pm

At last, a full 90 minute performance.

Brilliant

S.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Very happy with that. Other than lapse for their goal, thought we were good value for the 3 pts. Lot of endeavour, good skill and movement and shifted ball well. Good attendance, lots of faces I'd never seen in Harrogate end and good football played. Lot more comfortable with 3rd going in!
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:53 pm

That was an excellent crowd tonight. Less than 200 FCUM turned up so there was 900 home fans.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:49 am

All in all they can go home happy as well. Proper game of football that will hopefully interest a lot more town folk and get them through the gate! Need to keep an eye on things as Salford and fylde have played teams at the top and are flying so need to re focus and get into a groove of winning. Thought the midfield looked more balanced tonight!

HorsforthStu

Post by HorsforthStu on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 am

Absolutely cracking night, was buzzing walking back to the station. Thought we were strong all over the pitch, and apart from their goal they didn't really threaten until it was too late, they were quite awful. Had to chuckle when I could see some FCUM lads looking longingly through the bar windows at half time while I was necking a nice cold cider.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:12 pm