Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Garforth away

GARAGE

Garforth away Empty Garforth away

Post by GARAGE Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 am

It looks like we have not solved our scoring problem. The amount of possession we had last night was embarassing and to not come away with a lot more goals is starting to get me concerned. Leesley promises a lot but no end product.Purkiss seems lacking at this level. Chib seems his usual self but good point to me was to see Gascoinge getting back to something like we new him before the injury.Where was our other forword from Grimsby hes only had 45 mins so far and the lad from N Ferriby has not made an appearance yet. We need to start getting a settled team because the friendlies are running out.
    Chips97

Garforth away Empty Re: Garforth away

Post by Chips97 Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:33 am

I thought we dominated the game throughout but unfortunately we just didn't create enough chances and the chances we did get were missed. Reminded me of England against Slovakia again!

I agree with the point about Leesley, I was actually expecting much more from him after been in the England C squad but he has looked off it the last couple of games. I believe Brooksby is injured and JPP has got a slight knock.

What would everyone's starting 11 and subs be for the Worcester game? We've seen a few friendlies now and I feel we need to start working out who should get a starting place!

Crook
    Turner, Ellis, Ainge, Parker
    Platt
    Brooksby, Thanoj, Kerry, Emmett
    JPP

Subs:
    Shiels
    Knowles
    Leesley
    Chilaka
    Burrell

That's my starting team so far but could definitely change before the season starts. I have picked Brooksby without knowing too much about him, he has being consistently top class at this level for years now so we can't not play him for me.

I have been really impressed with Ainge so far, he seems to have fantastic distribution from the back which I feel we lack from our other centre backs.

Thanoj has to start for me as he really knows how to pick a pass out and replaces Daniels as our set piece taker. Puts a great ball in from the corners.

I want to see more from JPP before the season starts also.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:50 am

We are getting a lot of big boot from the back 4 also . Thought we were promised football on the ground.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Just listened to Simon's interview where he suggested JPP could play tomorrow at Cleethorpes.

Would imagine those who played on Monday will not be involved tomorrow.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Hopefully SW will be playing systems and players who can nullify and take advantage of opposing teams as he certainly has options now. By Scarborough game he should have a good idea of his starting 11 and the shape he wants. Ainge for me has been superb, as has Burrell and Kerry and Thanoj, but it will be a team effort this season inc the 12th person.
    Have noticed long balls creeping in where we lose possession. Always an option to mix it up if it's on but would rather we kept the ball and moved it around quickly on the floor or gave it to Thanoj to ping a pass behind. Still, sure the sharpness and understanding is building and these matches are doing what they are intended to do. Bring it on!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm