Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Peter Crook

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Peter Crook Empty Peter Crook

Post by paulstreet Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Wonder if we have seen the last of Peter? Apparently this week-end he is on trial with a Premier league squad.He is surely heading for the professional game, like our last three keepers (if memory serves): McLauglin, McGillivray and Hedge. Quite a testimony to our club!

Peter Crook Empty Re: Peter Crook

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Good luck to the lad - seems to have a decent agent network behind him so only a matter of time I suppose. Hence the lad from the Terriers. Hope we get some sort of fee for him mind.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Yes, Best of luck to Crook who is a top goalkeeper as we all know. I've just seen on Twitter that the Advertiser have said the club is Burnley who he is trialing with. I hope the keeper from Tuesday is at the game tomorrow as he looked promising.
    iand1957

Post by iand1957 Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:35 pm

He was the Huddersfield Town reserve keeper all last season i understand & also the under 21's keeper.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Good luck to Peter. Will be sorry if he goes but his talent is obvious and there for all to see.

If he goes, hope we will get a decent fee from a Premier League club - given the vast amounts of money they deal with. Surely not a problem for them and they should be supporting clubs at our level.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:30 pm

If he wants to go to be 3rd choice at Burnley, then to go and sit on another bench or get the odd game at a League 1 club on loan, then it's up to him. He should look at McGillivray as a guide. He got his big move, but he's spent so much time sitting on the bench he probably has splinters in his arse. Allison looks like a more than competent replacement for Crook. No room for sentiment, get Allison signed up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am