Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Stalybridge.

Surplus

Re: Stalybridge.

Post by Surplus on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:20 am

Need to start scouting the potential opposition for the playoffs even though we are used to playing them. Work the permeatations through, weaknesses, 1 sided players etc and start formulating gameplay such as targeting the slower defender by overloading or quick low passing to feet against the less mobile but good in the air centre halves. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:15 am

As previously said,a "get out of jail free" result today.Remember,we were 1 minute away from a draw,which wouldn't have gone down well.My take was that our No.9 was out of position and our No.8.who was substituted late on,didnt do much all day for me. I think Clayton should have started or at least come on a lot earlier,he dosnt score many,but causes central defenders a lot of problems.
    We deserved the result on possession and chances created but sometimes,it was like watching town from last season. In all,a good result,lets see now on Tuesday.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 am

Agree. But we got the 3 pts. Possibly reorganise with subs at 75 mins but we're over the line. Still need to get shots in and composure around the box but get a win on Tuesday and my Hawaiian shirt is getting a dusting off ready for the playoffs!

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:58 am

My first game in over 5 weeks and we win! Not the prettiest performance but I'd take the 3 points however they come!! Thought Clayts should have started today, but the players gave it their all today and the 3 points were deserved.

Onto Tuesday we go. Another 3 points would cement our position in the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:45 pm