Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

TOWN on TOUR! Nuneaton Town

trevdee

Re: TOWN on TOUR! Nuneaton Town

Post by trevdee on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 am

Solid performance tonight, don't think they tested Crook and Daniels could have nicked it with a couple of efforts. Just want to say Platt had a solid game tonight, first time I have seen him play well in a long time, hopefully this is a turning point for him.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:03 am

Good for Platt. How did Mason do in left midfield berth? Also fair play to SW et al for getting the team selection right and tactics. Just need to stuff Boston out of sight this Saturday!

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:28 am

Sorry to disagree with previous posts but that performance last night was utter garbage.Yes we got a point but the team selection and performance was very very poor. Because of the strange selections the players did not seem to know what they were doing.Daniels was not trying and got booked for the only bit of work he did when he chased their player and brought him down. Im coming to the conclusion that the management do not want promotion. The game itself was terrible to watch with neither of the teams able to string more than 2 passes together and the passing ability of both sides was something to be ashamed of.Thewliss can hold his head up high because he brought some urgency to our forword play plus Clayton was his usual steady self.The young Mason in midfield was not a good idea. My night was finally ruined by the road works on the way home sending us miles out of my way. Wish i could have my wasted money back. Rant over1!!

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:41 am

A point away at Nuneaton is a good result, regardless of the level of performance, and what made it better was Ferriby getting beat 2-0 at Stalybridge. We get a result against Boston on Saturday, we are definitely in the playoffs and 2nd in the table is still entirely achieveable. Bring on Boston!!!

Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:00 am

Garage ......... You've let yourself down with those comments listen to the post match interview. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] We'd clearly done our homework against a good Nuneaton side. We didn't need to win or look pretty last night we just couldn't afford to lose. Everybody wants to go up I can assure you of that. Last night was a tactical masterclass , simple as that. Not many keep Nuneaton to a 0 at home and we could've nicked it. Onto Boston now where another point will do us nicely. Although we'll be going for all 3.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:46 am

So it was a tactical masterclass to be unable to string 2 passes together was it. Talking to some of their supporters they have played very poorly at home and are a different team away. We as a team were very disjointed last night and players did not know what they were doing with whatever system they were playing. If you were happy with the way we played then take a long hard look at yourself.Time to be very honest with your comments not just being blind to reality as to how they played.

Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:58 am

We set up to stop them and to not lose. We matched there diamond formation up with Tom platt stopping one of the best players in the league limiting him to going out wide. Ok it wasn't a Barcelona type performance but last night was about not losing. Job done. Nuneaton had to win that game. Nuneaton thought we'd set up 4-4-2 I guess so give the lads a bit of credit for going to a full time club and giving them nothing. Did Crooky have a save to make ? No. We had a couple cleared off line , Thewlis had a great chance along with a couple from Brendon. Mom was platty by a country mile. That last tackle he made got us the point we needed. This time of the season it's about doing what's needed not looking pretty. Garage unfortunately you let yourself down on actual knowledge of the game. It's a great time for us all to be in the play offs. Let's enjoy the ride.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:12 am

Does the word "We" mean you are on the coaching staff and will not listen to a spectators point of view after taking time off work to watch that poor spectacle last night. Maybe you are Ged in disguise ?

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:36 am

1pt is 1pt and 3 pts Nuneaton don't have so I'll settle for that. More concerned regarding another yellow for young master Daniels. Does anyone know if the totting up for yellows also involves playoffs!

Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:42 am

Sorry garage for saying we in the context of it been our team. Football is about opinions. We did well last night in my opinion - you thought we were poor. I'm an optimist, tactics were spot on from the lads. big game on Saturday now

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Good point; if you hadn't committed time and money to go down by all accounts.

Another worrying blank from our strikers. Have said throughout that they will be the limiting factor that stops us going up, simply not contributing enough and without Brendon we would be a mid table outfit on their collective goalscoring records. Our form is still not great and will be an interesting playoffs given the collective form of all of the sides at present.

Stumbling over the line I think sums it up, still Saturday will be another great benchmark for, hopefully, May's games.

Any idea on what has happened with Liam Hearn? Injured? AWOL?

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Totally agree Carefree but we are where we are and I don't care how ugly it is to drag ourselves across the line! Hell, I'll settle for Crooks scoring off his nose in the last minute of extra time if it gets us a win! Playoffs will be a different kettle of fish entirely, cagey nervy carry on but at least we will be in the mix after we've seen off Boston with a trouncing this Saturday. Anyone for penalty practice?
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Surplus wrote:1pt is 1pt and 3 pts Nuneaton don't have so I'll settle for that. More concerned regarding another yellow for young master Daniels. Does anyone know if the totting up for yellows also involves playoffs!
    I believe the cut off point for 10 bookings was the second Saturday in March. The cut off point for 15 bookings is the end of the season, I think he has 11 now (maybe 12).

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks Townfan. Presume Burrell is due back for flyde game?
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Tommyb123 wrote:Sorry garage for saying we in the context of it been our team. Football is about opinions. We did well last night in my opinion - you thought we were poor. I'm an optimist, tactics were spot on from the lads. big game on Saturday now

I have to agree with you Tommy, we couldn't afford to lose at any cost and for me if that meant a gritty defensive performance then so be it. We can't always play total football, I know the best form of defence is attack but against a solid team who are full time Simon had to put in place a game plan. I think the players stuck to the game plan very well and we could have even nicked a goal towards the end.

Job well done and I do think we need to change that plan for Boston, especially at home, lets go and seal this playoff place with an attacking display.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:21 pm

I have no inside knowledge but I'm certain Irving and co. (unlike Bill maybe) really do want to go up. Why else do all the work on the ground etc.I really thought we would lose last night, so a point is fantastic for me, and 2 less for them, more to the point.We may stumble over the line in the end but who cares? Excited for Saturday... just a bit! I'd be happier if Hearn was fit.

Surplus

Post by Surplus on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Reading Nuneatons match report, sounds like we had the better chances and possibly shaded possession. More than happy to spike their guns so they can play out a nervy draw with Boston.

boselecta

Post by boselecta on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Agree with trevdee, lets really go at Boston from the off.The pressure on Boston to win could really play into our hands,pretty sure they too will be going out for a win as 1 point won't help there cause.
    Nuneatons match report.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:30 pm

GARAGE wrote:Does the word "We" mean you are on the coaching staff and will not listen to a spectators point of view after taking time off work to watch that poor spectacle last night. Maybe you are Ged in disguise ?

Ged never has and never will go in disguise - sometimes a 0 0 can have its good points - surely you couldn't help but be impressed by the Ellis - McGurk partnership, Lloyd Kerry worked his balls off and Platty kept "Messi" under wraps. On top of that Clayts was outstanding and Jack Emmett is Jack Emmett - kicked to death all night but kept coming back for more. I would love to win every game 3-0 with bags of entertainment but last night we went with a plan and, to my mind, it worked.

Last comment - they ran out of beer in both bars - now just think how controversial that would be at the CNG affraid affraid affraid affraid

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 pm

paulstreet wrote:I have no inside knowledge but I'm certain Irving and co.  (unlike Bill maybe) really do want to go up. Why else do all the work on the ground etc.I really thought we would lose last night, so a point is fantastic for me, and 2 less for them, more to the point.We may stumble over the line in the end but who cares? Excited for Saturday... just a bit! I'd be happier if Hearn was fit.

Evening Paul - I drove back with Irving last night and, strictly between you and I, I'm pretty confident that he, Simon, Macca and the rest of the management team feel the same way about promotion - we definitely want it and I believe last nights performance suggests the team feel likewise.
    Nervy times though, as we all look to possibly be part of club history.
    Can we get 800 in vs Bostons 200 on Saturday!! Sincerely hope so as our fans were superb again last night cheers cheers cheers cheers

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:48 pm

What happened to the (usually good and entertaining) commentary on Radio York last night?

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:56 pm

A1 drifter wrote:What happened to the (usually good and entertaining) commentary on Radio York last night?

Spoke with Barry Parker after the game. He said it was due to 'technical problems'.

Jordan

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks Jordan. Hope there won't be technical problems to interrupt commentary when we are in the National League next year.

Mike of Wetherby

Post by Mike of Wetherby on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:05 am

Defence has been looking a bit shaky recently so to keep a clean sheet against a team (presumably) desperate to win must have been an outstanding performance. No goals scored but we did get six all from open play against Lowestoft and Alfreton.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:38 am

Carefree wrote:Good point; if you hadn't committed time and money to go down by all accounts.

Another worrying blank from our strikers. Have said throughout that they will be the limiting factor that stops us going up, simply not contributing enough and without Brendon we would be a mid table outfit on their collective goalscoring records. Our form is still not great and will be an interesting playoffs given the collective form of all of the sides at present.

Stumbling over the line I think sums it up, still Saturday will be another great benchmark for, hopefully, May's games.

Any idea on what has happened with Liam Hearn? Injured? AWOL?

Injured

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 am