Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Tommyb123
Townfan
Ball and Socket
Surplus
8 posters

Zone 14 and the Art of Defence & Attack

Ball and Socket

Zone 14 and the Art of Defence & Attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Zone 14 and the Art of Defence & Attack

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Oct 13th 2014.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Zone 14 and the Art of Defence & Attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Zone 14 and the Art of Defence & Attack

Post by paulstreet Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:36 am

I can remember when the formation was 1/2/3/5 Two full backs, three half backs, two wingers, two inside forwards and a good, old fashioned centre forward. I seem to recall a John White of Spurs who was said to be the first deep lying inside forward, the first tactical change of the modern era I guess.

Mind you, once a game starts all I tend to see is 20 lads in different coloured shirts running around the pitch, I can occasionally recognise a 4/4/2, after that I'm struggling!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:37 am

I remember the 1/2/3/5 as well, then along came Hungary !!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:33 pm

paulstreet wrote:I can remember when the formation was  1/2/3/5  Two full backs, three half backs, two wingers, two inside forwards and a good, old fashioned centre forward. I seem to recall a John White of Spurs who was said to be the first deep lying inside forward, the first tactical change of the modern era I guess.

Mind you, once a game starts all I tend to see is 20 lads in different coloured shirts running around the pitch, I can occasionally recognise a 4/4/2, after that I'm struggling!  

Pep Guardiola has used the 1/2/3/5 formation at Barcelona and Bayern Munich to great success, maybe we will see it at Man City next season? but hey what does he know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:09 pm

rangerider wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:I can remember when the formation was  1/2/3/5  Two full backs, three half backs, two wingers, two inside forwards and a good, old fashioned centre forward. I seem to recall a John White of Spurs who was said to be the first deep lying inside forward, the first tactical change of the modern era I guess.

Pep Guardiola has used the 1/2/3/5 formation at Barcelona and Bayern Munich  to great success, maybe we will see it at Man City next season? but hey what does he know?

How to take a legendary Bayern side, that had swept away his own pedantic brand of tippytappy football at Barcelona, and turn them into a merely good side.

Think he will be found out next season. When you manage great players you kind of expect great football. At least old Harry has had the balls to stand up and question this guy.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Carefree wrote:
    rangerider wrote:

Pep Guardiola has used the 1/2/3/5 formation at Barcelona and Bayern Munich  to great success, maybe we will see it at Man City next season? but hey what does he know?

How to take a legendary Bayern side, that had swept away his own pedantic brand of tippytappy football at Barcelona, and turn them into a merely good side.

Think he will be found out next season. When you manage great players you kind of expect great football. At least old Harry has had the balls to stand up and question this guy.

He will have no competition next season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am