Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
boselecta
trevdee
Big Lundy
djh344
tommy crumpets
7eric7
paulstreet
GARAGE
Tommyb123
fulhamphoenix
HTAFC Away Travel
Mike of Wetherby
16 posters

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

wootontommy

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

Post by wootontommy Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Just as last week, we got what we deserved, same for this week. I thought that many of the ref"s decisions were influenced in some part by 3000 FC United fans shouting for every decision. The substitutions were a mystery to me and resulted in 50% of our outfield players being newcomers. As such, the play became very disjointed and lacked fluidity and confidence. Finally, Louie's actions were naive at best. He knows full well that you can't just push a player over without there being consequences.
    GARAGE

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

Post by GARAGE Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:23 pm

wootontommy wrote:Just as last week, we got what we deserved, same for this week. I thought that many of the ref"s decisions were influenced in some part by 3000 FC United fans shouting for every decision. The substitutions were a mystery to me and resulted in 50% of our outfield players being newcomers. As such, the play became very disjointed and lacked fluidity and confidence. Finally, Louie's actions were naive at best. He knows full well that you can't just push a player over without there being consequences.

Spot on!
     Lou swain is one of my favourites but today let Town down badly and deserves what he got for being pure stupid- YOU CANNOT PUSH A PLAYER AND RETALIATE LIKE HE DID !!! APPOLOGISE TO TO THE FANS LOU YOU IDIOT for
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:11 am

Highlights.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 am

3-0 up and we knacked it up...Funny old league this, anyone can beat absolutely anyone but other than the 3 goals I thought they had the better of the game anyhow. I think it is fair to say fans and team were stunned into complete silence when that 4th went in, the subs were brought on in panic, he should have left it as is.We need to dust ourselves down and get prepared for a tough game on Tuesday.

Oh and we may have to recall a certain left back? Plus who was that group of numpties that seemed to join us? The should have been thrown out for going on the pitch.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:28 am

The 4th goal was a huge cockup by Thirlwell trying to be too clever instead of doing the simple thing- he lost the ball in a vital position and they broke through to score-the substitutions were strange and we seemed lost how to get back into the game- the new guy up front proved to be not up to it and i feel sorry for Thewliss who was ignored again- Platt obviously needs more game time but we know he can do it- i dont think the pairing of the 2 centre backs is working - Our fans seemed to give up when we went behind perhaps stunned into silence
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:23 pm

I thought that the centre back along side Ellis really struggled. I don't know if yesterday was just an off day for him or not. I hope it was, because I thought he was really slow and cumbersome and at times did not seem be at the races. I would recall Bloomer personally just so that some, level of familiarity of style and capability of fellow players. Yesterday, even if players delayed making a decision about a pass even for a few seconds, we were always going to be under pressure. Familiarity with other players might have give us more confidence in our play. Still let's look toward to Tuesday to get back on track .
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Disappointing losing a three goal lead like that and just shows how hard this league is.
    Results this weekend prove my point with North Ferriby losing at Worcester and Nuneaton dropping two points at Alfreton. Then we get to today and see The Boston United Loan Company lose at Gloucester.
    Keep the faith - there will be more weekends like this before the fat lady sings.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:41 pm

Need consistency. I was hoping the monsters get of Solihull would give them belief and a platform to build off. Makes Tuesday's game massive in getting momentum going into the business end of the season!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am