Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

underachievement. ..

town supporter

underachievement. ..

Post by town supporter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:10 pm

evening comrades, bit of a disappointment today by all accounts then - it would appear from the website if it's not the weather then it's the ref or perhaps the fact that Knowles hasn't tightened his laces properly - difficult to know.

But cheer up, who'd have thought it, in the play off places. Well vee 5 years into management and 600 players later and here we are. OK so we do have by far the biggest budget in the league and it's unclear whether the likes of Knowles, Thirwell and others signed on purely due to their love of all things Simon but nevertheless, what a turnaround.

Then again there's this niggling feeling I have that somehow tells me that if Manchester City were sitting where we are in the league then they're equally impartial chairman might be wondering why things weren't a little different. Maybe I just need enlightening though.

So then, the real test comes post Xmas - can Simon achieve a top 5 finish? In Simon we trust say the town faithful. Has he worked out how his team need to defend set pieces? God knows but I imagine not.

So, enjoy the rest of the season and keep staying true to those principles - it's amazing where it will get you in life. Back to running for me and raising money for charity. Let me know Simon, Ged and Co. whether you'd like to sponsor me for any future races. I know how keen the club is to support charitable causes.

pie and chips

Re: underachievement. ..

Post by pie and chips on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:24 pm

We lose a game.......and you appear!
    Priceless!
    By the way, you aren't paranoid, I just think you are pathetic.
    I'd sponsor you to run to Moscow, if I thought you'd stay there.
    Hope you can manage to stay away from the ground for the rest of the season, which will make your pronouncements much more interesting.
    Bye bye, Wolfie.

town supporter

Post by town supporter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:40 pm

pie and chips wrote:We lose a game.......and you appear!
    Priceless!
    By the way, you aren't paranoid, I just think you are pathetic.
    I'd sponsor you to run to Moscow, if I thought you'd stay there.
    Hope you can manage to stay away from the ground for the rest of the season, which will make your pronouncements much more interesting.
    Bye bye, Wolfie.

Gotcha!
    slicker

Post by slicker on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:32 pm

"Town Supporter, the gift that keeps on giving"

S.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 am

Two "forgotten ones" in a week.
    slicker

Post by slicker on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:10 am

Bump.

S.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Nice to keep reminded of the past.
    Don't seem to be getting many updates of Simon's record anymore. Still not brilliant but is surely improving. Didn't take much notice of it anyway because it included his first season in charge under the Fotherby cutbacks that forced Aspin out.

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:36 pm

May.
    Nothing till then is worth being a smart arse about when the season is still to be concluded. If you want to put now in context and the brilliance of it.....maybe think would Simon still be at the club now to be performing so well this season after so many seasons of disappointment prior to it if his father had not been at the head of the club?
    Any other club and he would have been out of the door, so your repeated bleatings on this (and still entirely presumed so far) are based around an entirely unique situation.
    A situation that we can perhaps chat through at the hopefully successful conclusion to our season.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Pleasant change for a club to stick with their manager.
    Maybe we have seen a period of time when the club have put their house (ground) in order to be able to go up unlike a club not far from here who are now close to panic stations.
    Just a thought !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:06 pm