Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+27
TheNeil29
wootontommy
burnleynotbarcelona
V'
Knaresborough Mariner
Mariner Mad
pie and chips
slicker
DBGTFC
HTAFC Away Travel
GTFCfan
boselecta
immariner
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
TownUltra
CCOB
Chips97
JoshR
GARAGE
crowbar6753
Big Lundy
GrimsbyFan15
rangerider
gedmaloney
paulstreet
Martin L
31 posters

Home V Grimsby Town

Home V Grimsby Town - Page 3 Empty Re: Home V Grimsby Town

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:42 pm

I am with Trev - my true singing potential is only realised after a fifteen minute splash and dash of Stella and a shot of Jaeger at half time Very Happy
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Even whilst away knocking seven bells out of Spanish golf courses I can assure all Town fans that no stone will be left unturned to ensure that vocal cords are suitably refreshed within the confines of the CNG. Now relax and enjoy the build up - FORE Right!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Think this means Ged's kindly bringing his own [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />mobile refreshment outlet
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:02 pm

I was with the Torquay United ultras on Tuesday night when they played Woking, 1600 there and no need for any segregation, just good stewarding
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Segregated on police advice.
    We are not allowed to serve drinks outside the 1919 at football matches. The beer festival was not a football match.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:59 am

its an absolute disgrace to the supporters of Town that we are giving the wetherby road stand plus the bar to them for the game . We might as well give them the game for all we seem to be worth. They should have been given only 750/800 tickets and been in the top stand . Another fine mess we seem to be in thanks to people who dont know what they are doing.Sorry but i felt i needed to say something .
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 am

It could be cold on Saturday, you should all bring large flasks of 'coffee' just to ward of the cold. And some little miniature bottles of 'medicine' as well. They can't search you all!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:04 am

According to the Official Grimsby Town website, dated 18th October, Grimsby Town supporters have "snapped up 200 tickets".

200 ?????

A BIG rethink is needed. A half full Sterling motors stand and Town locked out of their bar.

Oh, the magic of the FA Cup.

TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:40 am

I think it is hilareous that everyone is getting so annoyed by something which someone has posted on here.

It has not come from the club and from someone who thinks that they are in the know. Everyone should take a deep breath and wait for some official information to come from the club.

Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 am

It was posted on our website quite clearly explaining the ticket arrangements, Sterling Motors Stand and access to the 1919. An update is expected at some point today.
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:00 am

It say's they will have access but not exclusive access which is what was originally posted.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:02 am

Martin makes a fair point here. We maybe tend to forget that whilst the FA Cup is massive for clubs like us, for 'league' clubs (and the Conf Premier is almost that), its maybe less important, think of all those clubs that field weakened teams. It would not surprise me if most Grimsby fans are much keener on getting back into the league than beating us on Saturday...much as they would doubtless like that. purely a guess here but perhaps 500 will be closer to the mark than 800/1000.

Still, I can understand Simon (and perhaps the players) really wanting the Kop to be full of our fans, imagine a tight game, second half, the noise our fans make might just help to 'suck the ball in' as they say. And despite my jokey post above, being without booze for a couple of hours (if that is what happens) isn't the end of the world.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Think we have only had 3 segregated matches @ home before!
    Scarborough (F.A. Cup)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Torquay United (F.A. Cup) & Nuneaton Borough (Conference North) all during the same season!!!!!!
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:23 pm

That was the Scarborough game i mentioned in another post, that was a great game and atmosphere.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 pm

Going to need a good turn out from our lot on Saturday to compete vocally with these
    Not a game you want to be missing if you are a Harrogate Town Fan!!!!!!
    Shocked
    GrimsbyFan15

Post by GrimsbyFan15 Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Good evening chaps.

400 sold as of 5pm today at our end. Should think we will bring around 800 - 1000. How many home fans are you expecting?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Going to need a good turn out from our lot on Saturday to compete vocally with these
    Not a game you want to be missing if you are a Harrogate Town Fan!!!!!!
    Shocked

affraid affraid
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Could get a 1,000 locals out for this one although we have managed more for some of our other F.A. Cup games in the past!!!
    Got a feeling it’s going to be red hot in them there turnstiles @ the CNG on Saturday!!!!!!!
    immariner

Post by immariner Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:27 am

Yeah we do normally make a bit of a racket away from home and we have the highest away support as a % of home support in the conference (averaged 600-odd last year, could be more this year if we buck our ideas up). I've only been to two away games this year, against Kiddie and Lincoln and they were both great atmospheres even though we didn't win either. >> youtube(dot)com/watch?v=PO5Q9LbStHo youtube(dot)com/watch?v=nxxAgUiQq6E

I'm really gutted I can't make it on Saturday as I wanted to give Macca a good old clap. It's going to be tricky for us with the form you're in and us only winning 2 away all season. A tight game decided by the odd goal, hopefully in Town's (Grimsby's) favour. Smile
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:22 am

Worth a punt at these odds.Massive underdog's but still worth a fiver..9/2
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:10 am

Still no news on whats happening about saturdays match.
    The club says it is segregated but it clearly is not because anyone can get in saturday by paying at the gate.It should have been all ticket so as to avoid Grimsby fans all round the ground.What a farce !
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:51 am

GARAGE wrote:Still no news on whats happening about saturdays match.
    The club says it is segregated but it clearly is not because anyone can get in saturday by paying at the gate.It should have been all ticket so as to avoid Grimsby fans all round the ground.What a farce !

That would only happen if they sell their full allocation which I think is doubtful.

I'm wondering how it will work in the seating area given these were on sale before it was agreed to segregate.

I'm amazed that a plan was not in place already as a game like this was bound to happen at some point. I imagine that FC United will bring more than Grimsby. Typical of us. Who actually is in charge of arranging this, Irving, Ged, Garry P? We do the non footballing things so well (i.e. work in the community) and the easy things so badly (i.e. trying to segregate a football match).

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Blinking hell Neil30 I find myself in total agreement with you.

I doubt Irving would be muddying his hands with the day to day arrangements for the match and would be surprised if he is not share a little of our frustration (you would hope!) at the inadequate approach to the match. Might also explain the delay in confirmation. I would hope daddy Weaver is currently trying to resolve it.
    Still massively looking forward to the game but could have been handled sooooooo much better.

Like you say we are a club to be proud of in certain regards with community work, coaching courses, Simon playing with the supporters team – all great. Yet I cannot understand why this has been allowed to become such a mess. Are certain individuals at Town out of touch with football (ie thinking that GTFC fans could come to Yorkshire and not need segregation) or us fans (that it is ok to charge more and then lock us out of the bar that the club are always trying to get us to use more!). It is obvious that the club didn’t think properly about the situation before we decided to give 1200 tickets to GTFC…..and from there all of the issues have then developed.

I hope we are all pleasantly surprised with news in the next day or so but I think it will be utterly pathetic if Grimsby are indeed given the 1919 with not alternative provision for home fans. In its current state is a piss take frankly to us lot and without wanting to hark back to previous years is somewhat symptomatic of the sometimes clumsy and very occasionally naff you approach by some at HTFC to certain situations over the years.

JoshR

Post by JoshR Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Bar open for harrogate fans only and as far as I know we also have the kop...official statement from the club in about an hour for all the info.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Brilliant - sanity regained.

Thanks for the update Josh.

Roll on Saturday and losing our voices!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am