Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Home V Grimsby Town

    Share
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 916
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:20 am

    CCOB wrote:I'm sure there is a refreshment outlet at the hospital end, it's facing you when you walk through the gate at that end. It was in use at the beer festival but has never been open yet on a match day as far as i'm aware.

    Might be able to use it for food but not alcohol as you cannot consume alcoholic drinks outside of the 1919 on match days

    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by gedmaloney on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:56 pm

    This subject was discussed at length - there will be additional security but segregation would be difficult to police and inhibit away supporters from having a drink and enjoying the day. We have played Grimsby before in a friendly and Macca is a highly respected ex player - the likelihood of trouble should never be underestimated but, on balance, the actions that have been taken should ensure that supporters from both teams should enjoy the day and that includes children. Hope this clarifies the situation.

    TheNeil30

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2015-07-15
    Age : 37

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by TheNeil30 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:00 pm

    Confirmed on Facebook that the game will be segregated.
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 676
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Townfan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 pm

    Since there appears to be no information on the Official site I will update you.
    The game will be segregated.
    Grimsby supporters will be in the Sterling Motors stand and will also have exclusive access to the 1919 bar. They will enter the ground at the 1919 end turnstiles.
    Harrogate supporters will access the ground at the Hospital end and will have the rest of the ground. There will be a Burger Van available for food.
    The reason for these arrangements is because the Holberry Stand end only holds 700/750 and is not big enough to accommodate the numbers that Grimsby are likely to bring.
    The 1919 bar will be available after the game.

    GARAGE

    Posts : 351
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by GARAGE on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:57 pm

    Looks like this will be norm for away fans if we ever get promoted . I thought the top stand was built specifically for this sort of game but at the first time of asking its not good enough.
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 676
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Townfan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:26 pm

    GARAGE wrote:Looks like this will be norm for away fans if we ever get promoted . I thought the top stand was built specifically for this sort of game but at the first time of asking its not good enough.
    No it is not big enough for this game.
    In general away following in the National League is at most 500/600 so the Holberry Stand will be adequate for most games. In this case we have been drawn against a side that gets 5000+ for home games and is fairly local and will bring more than this stand can hold.
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 916
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:31 pm

    So no pint before or at half time for the town fans ? Mad

    TheNeil30

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2015-07-15
    Age : 37

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by TheNeil30 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:39 pm

    Townfan - nothing on official site yet as it is being decided on Monday. Simon wants Town fans in Kop.
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 676
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Townfan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:17 pm

    rangerider wrote:So no pint before or at half time for the town fans ? Mad
    Correct.
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 676
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Townfan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 pm

    TheNeil30 wrote:Townfan - nothing on official site yet as it is being decided on Monday. Simon wants Town fans in Kop.
    It was decided today.
    Town fans will be in the Kop (Holberry Stand).

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Guest on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:43 pm

    Ok until it is official I will treat this with caution…..but….

    Not the best at all. Pay more and get don’t get to drink but allow the away fans (the reason for segregation in the first place) into booze up……slight contradiction there.

    Stand by my last post even more in terms of this being conducted entirely with a short termist – max the cash from the Grimsby fans approach and who cares about the home fans and growing our fanbase off the back of this type of match. So will tell the 7 friends (the type of fans we need to appeal to) that we will not be able to have our usual pre and half time drinks and that for the privilege we get to pay more to be treated in effect like away fans for the day (with no precedent whatsoever for this for this as far as I can see – of which I am still waiting to be proved otherwise).

    Maybe the club might want to confirm re the drinks side of it as it – will there be other facilities laid on for us lot, you know the regulars?
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 916
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:05 pm

    Carefree wrote:Ok until it is official I will treat this with caution…..but….

    Not the best at all. Pay more and get don’t get to drink but allow the away fans (the reason for segregation in the first place) into booze up……slight contradiction there.

    Stand by my last post even more in terms of this being conducted entirely with a short termist – max the cash from the Grimsby fans approach and who cares about the home fans and growing our fanbase off the back of this type of match. So will tell the 7 friends (the type of fans we need to appeal to) that we will not be able to have our usual pre and half time drinks and that for the privilege we get to pay more to be treated in effect like away fans for the day (with no precedent whatsoever for this for this as far as I can see – of which I am still waiting to be proved otherwise).

    Maybe the club might want to confirm re the drinks side of it as it – will there be other facilities laid on for us lot, you know the regulars?

    Maybe Irving will let us use the corporate bar facilities
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 676
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Townfan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:37 pm

    I would imagine the problem arose after they had decided (been advised) to segregate. Grimsby had already received (and were selling) there 1,200 tickets by this time and they would not have fitted in the Holberry Stand end.
    There will be a food outlet next to the Holberry Stand. I have been advised that he Cafe in the Main Stand will only be used by people sat in there.
    avatar
    TownUltra

    Posts : 387
    Join date : 2013-10-23
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by TownUltra on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:45 pm

    If that is the case that Town fans will be in the KOF then that has to be a good thing for our chances to win. The stand is so much more noisy and also behind the goal. I know it might be frustrating that there would be no ht beer, but there has to be a compromise. Also will be amazing if the KOF is full of Town fans making a racket. Can't wait. Will be an amazing game. I'm hoping that Grimsby come and think it's in the bag, as they look like a decent side.

    Big Lundy

    Posts : 1232
    Join date : 2011-07-05

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Big Lundy on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:39 am

    Really good acoustics in the “THE KOP OF FEAR”!
    And we haven’t even had it a quarter full of Harrogate fans as of yet!
    Shocked
    Could be a rather unique experience if we can fill it full of noise & yellow & black next week!

    Martin L

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2012-04-27

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Martin L on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:30 pm

    I can see some logic in this proposal. I went to the beer festival at the CNG and a great outdoor bar was set up to the left of the main stand, as you look at it. Why not do the same for town fans ? Plastic glasses, no one gets beyond the corner flag with a pint. I have gone away with town and outdoor drinking is acceptable, Histon probably the best. We have our enclosed bar area and everyone is happy.

    Feel like my nose has been pushed out a bit if no Town bar is available. I know it is not the be all and end all of footie but maximise with the revenue. As far as getting a drink in hospitality, forget that.....none starter.

    Are we laying down rose petals and imperial leather shower gel in the away dressing rooms with warmed towels as well ?

    Half time shuttle buses to The Empress ?

    Come on Directors, outdoor bar near the Kop would work. I don't want to hear "we cant do an outdoor bar", others allow you to do so, embrace the occasion and get the tills ringing !

    Where's my pint ? I might set up a temporary beer stall outside the ground at the top gate, The Fan Zone, if it is raising, stand in the hospitality covered bus stop, got it all sorted !

    Almost forgot, great win today lads !!

    OOH TOWN

    Mart
    avatar
    TownUltra

    Posts : 387
    Join date : 2013-10-23
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by TownUltra on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:18 pm

    Grimsby Away Record this season W2 D6 L1 , tight at the back conceded 8 but not amazing away form. Get the first goal and I reckon we've got a chance. All comes down to who wants it more.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Guest on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:57 am

    Martin L wrote:I can see some logic in this proposal. I went to the beer festival at the CNG and a great outdoor bar was set up to the left of the main stand, as you look at it. Why not do the same for town fans ? Plastic glasses, no one gets beyond the corner flag with a pint. I have gone away with town and outdoor drinking is acceptable, Histon probably the best. We have our enclosed bar area and everyone is happy.

    Feel like my nose has been pushed out a bit if no Town bar is available. I know it is not the be all and end all of footie but maximise with the revenue. As far as getting a drink in hospitality, forget that.....none starter.

    Are we laying down rose petals and imperial leather shower gel in the away dressing rooms with warmed towels as well ?

    Half time shuttle buses to The Empress ?

    Come on Directors, outdoor bar near the Kop would work. I don't want to hear "we cant do an outdoor bar", others allow you to do so, embrace the occasion and get the tills ringing !

    Where's my pint ? I might set up a temporary beer stall outside the ground at the top gate, The Fan Zone, if it is raising, stand in the hospitality covered bus stop, got it all sorted !

    Almost forgot, great win today lads !!

    OOH TOWN

    Mart

    Great suggestion re the tent Martin. Would be easy to place in that corner next to the main stand. The only other option would be to put a barrier across near the turnstiles at the 1919 so we get full access to the hospital end past the main stand and round behind the goal. For the sake of a few security staff next to the fence/barrier could easily work and allow us trusted drunkards access to the 1919 whilst the away fans can happily get drinking at the Woodlands/Empress, with no booze during the game might also reduce the whole potential risk of GTFC getting all giddy being in Yorkshire – the original reason for segregation……….and you know actually accommodate the regular supporters who turn up at Wetherby Road regardless of who we are playing – without sticking us in one area of our ground with inadequate match day facilities for more cost.

    Either way these two approaches could resolve what has been a bit of a shambles – especially in light of the fact GTFC, according to two of their fans who asked their club, had no say in setting the ticket price. Come on Town show that this match is about Town fans and frankly I will be singing my heart out for town wherever I am stood in the KOP or not as I would think everyone will be on Saturday, regardless of sugar coating the impact of some hurried and mistaken decisions made so far.

    Big Lundy

    Posts : 1232
    Join date : 2011-07-05

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Big Lundy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:14 pm

    Might need a few porta loos between the canteen & the Sterling Motors stand if Grimsby are gonna bring 800+ with them!!!
    If they only have use of the 1919 ones then some of them will have to tie a knot in it!!!!!
    Laughing

    Big Lundy

    Posts : 1232
    Join date : 2011-07-05

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Big Lundy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:37 pm

    Is this the current plan for Sat?
    Grimsby fans will have the Wetherby Road side (Sterling Motors Stand) & a quarter of the clubhouse end for access to the 1919 bar with entry via the 1919 turnstiles!
    Whilst Town fans will have the Hospital End (KOP OF FEAR), Main Stand side & 3 Quarters of the clubhouse end with entry via the Hospital End turnstiles!
    But with no entry to the 1919 bar until after the game when the Grimsby fans have left the ground!
    avatar
    trevdee

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by trevdee on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:46 pm

    Most of the atmosphere comes when the mouth has been refreshed at half time...I am looking forward to the kop been full and the noise it creates but as others have said we come week in week out and accessing the 1919 venue is part of the experience...A temp bar has been mentioned at the hospital end before, surely you could sell from the end of the stand and pen people in a section with barriers.

    Big Lundy

    Posts : 1232
    Join date : 2011-07-05

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Big Lundy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:00 pm

    I presume the club had to apply for a special drinks licence for the recent beer festival!
    Alcohol was allowed in the ground yesterday at Lowestoft if it was in plastic glasses!
    Don’t think we are allowed to do that under the licence we have are we?
    scratch
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 916
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:24 pm

    trevdee wrote:Most of the atmosphere comes when the mouth has been refreshed at half time...I am looking forward to the kop been full and the noise it creates but as others have said we come week in week out and accessing the 1919 venue is part of the experience...A temp bar has been mentioned at the hospital end before, surely you could sell from the end of the stand and pen people in a section with barriers.

    First the chips now the beer, where will it all end? lol!
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 916
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:30 pm

    Just hope we never get drawn against a really big club at home our fans could end up standing outside on Wetherby road listening to the match on radio York affraid

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Guest on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 pm

    rangerider wrote:Just hope we never get drawn against a really big club at home our fans could end up standing outside on Wetherby road listening to the match on radio York  affraid

    Ha ha ha.
    If we are all together outside the ground we could make such a noise - would really benefit the day. Let's be having you the Wayside Cresenters.
    I am just happy to potentially be donating my extra £2 and having no access to the 1919 just so the Grimsby fans can be there. They deserve it bless 'em. Maybe we should view it as less balls up more charitable offer to their fans. Being particularly welcoming hosts 'an all.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:00 am