Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Home V Grimsby Town

paulstreet

Re: Home V Grimsby Town

Post by paulstreet on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Rangerider, Clayton WAS excellent yesterday, what do you want me to do, lie? And, yes he should score more goals, as should Knowles. It is possible to hold more than one idea in your head at the same time.

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:19 pm

he wasn't the worse yesterday against a good central defensive partnership but fail to see how he was "excellent" - what moments in the match?
    Yes he does have effort and determination but he ain't the biggest, doesn't dominate in the air, isn't the fastest obviously and doesn't score enough - some and not all of his link play is ok but for me it ain't enough, certainly not enough if we want the team to be chasing a top 5 spot - with, to be fair, some of the goalscoring emphasis needs to also rest on Knowles - with both of them needing to up their goal return.
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

paulstreet wrote:Rangerider, Clayton WAS excellent yesterday, what do you want me to do, lie? And, yes he should score more goals, as should Knowles. It is possible to hold more than one idea in your head at the same time.

So why was he taken off again? four scouts watching Daniels yesterday he will be gone by xmas then who will score the goals Clayton? i don't think so Grimsby showed us what you can do when you have a potent strike force, even Walshaw got into double figures last season and he hardly played for the second half of the season theres a lot of people out there that don't post on here that think the same, we have got some good young lads on the bench who will run at defenders but they only get half a game when they should be in the starting line up

Mike of Wetherby

Post by Mike of Wetherby on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Grimsby didn't pose much aerial threat but I thought they were quicker and slicker than us when they kept the ball on the ground. If they had been more lethal in front of goal - they wasted an easy chance in the first 15 seconds - the score might have been very embarrassing. All in all I thought it was a bit of a reality check. It is OK grinding out results against teams in the lower half of the league but are we likely to beat the other promotion contenders?
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 pm

I agree RR, even if Daniels doesn't leave it is unrealistic to expect him to go on scoring a goal a game, then what do we do? In big trouble I hate to say. We bought Dom to score goals, he needs to start doing it more regularly. And others to chip in as well. I just think Daniels goals have been a totally unexpected bonus so far. We need to have a Plan B

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:59 am

Well said Paul . Knowles is the one who needs to up his game . Clayton is the one whos taking the flack from some people. Knowles does not get onto any of Claytons flick on,s and im sure i could read Claytons game better than him. I hope Knowles is not going to live off that great piece of play on Saturday for the rest of the season.McWilliams and Crook were very out of sorts on Saturday plus Nyoni and Swain. Simon please sort it !

TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:14 am

I would really like to see Thewlis given a start on Saturday and drop Knowles to the bench. If Thirlwell is fit, he needs to start ahead of Swain too.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Oh well, if Brendon had got his penalty, and they had not got theirs, we could be home to St. Albans on November 7th! Round Two here we come...in my dreams.

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Overall, well done Town against a very good (full time) side. All to play for now in the League...and the F A Trophy.
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:07 pm

MAKE SOME NOISE Laughing
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:30 pm

When will we see the ground this full again?

TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

rangerider wrote:When will we see the ground this full again?                                                                                                                    

I would imagine the ground will be pretty full for the FCUM game in Jan.

The playoff final normally draws a good crowd too. Very Happy
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:29 pm

anyone got highlights of the game? you have to pay to watch Grimsby's highlights package!
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Free game in Dec ?
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Stockport County - New Years Day ?

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Final home game of the season (Corby) to celebrate us having won the league?
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:45 am

Had to laugh about Grimsby manager blasting the officials after they didn't get a penalty against Cheltenham on Friday night. Short memory eh !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:01 am