Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
Innocent Bystander
gedmaloney
kpgduras
Martin L
paulstreet
crowbar6753
A1 drifter
trevdee
boselecta
TheNeil29
14 posters

Curzon Upates

Martin L

Curzon Upates - Page 2 Empty Re: Curzon Upates

Post by Martin L Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Just had my Dad on the phone from Canada, delighted with our progress. He enjoyed my updates, cannot get radio coverage out there. I will continue to do the same updates, thanks to BBC Radio York for those who cannot get coverage on the medium wave for away games.

I know we have fans in East and West Canada, Ireland and London.

Radio Caroline was a pirate ship in the sea back in the 70's broadcasting all around the world.

I might get on a rowing boat in Knaresborough on away games and do the same.

Well done Town.

Just an idea...when we are top, its £5 to get in, Kids for free. The crowds will pick up after expensive holiday times for families.

Lets celebrate our success, open our doors to our great facilities and team to be enjoyed by so many. That might bring in 800 on Saturday.....rather than 450.

Ed White, give us a big push in the paper....

We are top, get as many in to see why.

40 year supporter and we are in the best League place ever in our history, lets maximise it.

Well done Simon and Macca and everyone behind the scenes.

The players are looking immense and most importantly, want to be here and enjoying the ride.

We are a very good club.

The fans are immense, humorous, excellent away....you know who you are.

OOH TOWN !

Martin L.

kpgduras
    kpgduras

Post by kpgduras Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:47 am

Martin L wrote:For our exiled fans, in London and Canada, I will keep you posted.

Thanks Martin L - don't forget me Downunder in Perth, WA.  This is my 60th year as a Town supporter Smile  

Congrats Town - great to see you on top of the table cheers

Col

Last edited by kpgduras on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added my congrats)
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:54 am

trevdee wrote:Absolutely gutted that I wasn't there tonight, probably the only away game I will miss and it is one that takes us to the top!!!

Fantastic effort by all and the commentator was in awe of the fans, couldn't stop mentioning them!! Wow we really are contenders if this form continues however it is a long season yet.

Would agree with your assessment that it is very early days but some of the highlights:

Support - there Directors thought they were playing at the CNG and to be fair it is always difficult to make much noise when there is no roof so congratulations to everyone who made the journey.
    Curzon Ashton left back - Joe Colbeck gets substituted so maybe I can take a breather! He will have nightmares about Wor Jackie (Jack Emmett) who is our version of Ryan Giggs, without the hairy chest I'm told!! If Jack is at 80% at the moment I cant wait to see him back fully fit.
    Goal celebrations - not often that the photographer ends up at the bottom of the players scrum so can't wait to see Craigs pictures as the team bear down on him.
    Cautionary note - conceded a sloppy goal with 3 opportunities to clear - we will learn from it.
    Bench - this season we are replacing like with like.
    Team spirit - someone mentioned on the forum pre season that there was a different feel about this squad of players - we will see their true mettle when we have to respond to a defeat but the signs are good.
    Spine - Crook, Ellis, Thirlwell, Knowles - is there a better one in this league!
    Best seller - How to win friends and influence centre backs - author Paul Clayton.
    Forum commentary from ML - WELL DONE!

Lets enjoy being top for 12 hours - then onto Saturday and Tamworth  - Great night cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

ps. outstanding playing surface.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 am

How can we get an extra 100 young fans and their parents to the ground? This is a big chance - with the team top of the league - to try something as families return from holiday and look for some rich entertainment on a Saturday, Bank Holiday or mid week evening!
    WGHT

Post by WGHT Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:45 am

Innocent Bystander wrote:How can we get an extra 100 young fans and their parents to the ground? This is a big chance - with the team top of the league - to try something as families return from holiday and look for some rich entertainment on a Saturday, Bank Holiday or mid week evening!
    The club could try reducing the ticket prices for Saturday
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:23 am

Getting a bit carried away here.
    We have only played four games and we will be back in 6th place come 9.45 tonight.
    Where's the thespian ?
    WGHT

Post by WGHT Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 am

However townfan you have got to agree that we are playing better than we have in years, but at the same time i agree with you.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm

True Townfan, but surely we are allowed to be a little giddy, top of the league (OK for 24 hours, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of them), our highest league placing ever (in 96 years!), and a great bunch of players who clearly are loving it as much as we are, and are enjoying playing for Town (never really felt that with Simon's teams up till now).
    Next two games will be tough, and will give us a good idea of how real our play off chances are, but please don't tell me to calm down yet!
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Im my usual cautious negative self here,ive just taken a screen shot of us at the top of the league,dont think we will be there that long to be honest.lets see after 10 games,that should set the season tone.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:35 pm

paulstreet wrote:True Townfan, but surely we are allowed to be a little giddy, top of the league (OK for 24 hours, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of them), our highest league placing ever (in 96 years!), and a great bunch of players who clearly are loving it as much as we are, and are enjoying playing for Town (never really felt that with Simon's teams up till now).
    Next two games will be tough, and will give us a good idea of how real our play off chances are, but please don't tell me to calm down yet!  

Agree totally with your sentiments Paul - the next 2 fixtures will give us a clearer picture of where we stand but interesting that the bookmaking fraternity have shortened our odds from early season 33/1 to between 10/1 and 16/1:shock: Shocked

Whilst not wishing to get remotely carried away, I am reminded of a quote from Nelson Mandela:

"It only seems impossible - until it's done"
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 pm

WGHT wrote:However townfan you have got to agree that we are playing better than we have in years, but at the same time i agree with you.

Although i am delighted that we have won two games on the trott and we are sitting on top of the league i still have reservations about how we are playing if we lose Knowles to injury (God forbid)for any length of time where are the goals going to come from? and the midfield needs to sharpen up on their passing to many lose balls given away i have only watched the home games so far but i have not come away thinking thats the best we have played for years in both the games, cannot comment on the Curzon game as i was not there so have to rely on the people who were, getting Gazza back asap would be a boost but i agree that the team seems more "together" than it did last season, putting the prices up this season was a mistake and i think the poor attendance maybe has something to do with this, looking forwards to Saturdays game another win would be great but i am not going to get carried away just yet
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Well, 4th plays 5th on Saturday, what an afternoon we have in store, and what a test for great new team. Let's get at least 500 in the ground.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm