Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Gainsborough Trinity

Big Lundy

Gainsborough Trinity

Post by Big Lundy on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Re: Gainsborough Trinity

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Well that turned into a decent game. They looked dangerous in the first half and a well taken opportunist goal had us 0-1 down at half time. 2nd half and Gainsborough were not as threatening, with Town slowly growing in confidence. It was great even at 3-1 up to see Town pressing for more goals and I believe that's how SW should manage the side this year, ATTACK , take risks , play attractive football and go for a win. We need to be entertaining and get the crowds up. 390 tonight but play good footy and the next midweek game could be 500. We need to aim for an average of 600 per game , this season.
    Entertain the fans. Tonight was a good start to home games at Harrogate Town.
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Quality second half, the subs made one hell of a difference........Served Gainsborough right as from the moment they scored they were time wasting and playing funny buggers, even been supported by their 2 additional players tonight - the ref and his assistant....I wont even bang on about how shocking the level of refereeing was tonight!!
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 pm

And as for the quality of signings for Gainsboro, Neil29 - It looks like they have been served the expensive duffs like we did last season ha!
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Fantastic! Feared the worst half time but great second half. 25 goals for Daniels? You better believe it! Thank god we didn't sign Jarman.  Happy days.

boselecta

Post by boselecta on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Whats so good about this team is the pace from wingers..midfield..  Brilliant.
    A strong dressing room is the key to many a game.This must be up there with any in recent years?
    Still early days, but when we really do gel,we will be O.K.
    Fantastic support second half  by the way..Brill Very Happy Very Happy

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 am

Well, I obviously can't comment on the performance as I wasn't there, but it is these games that the team have to win if they realistically stand a chance of upsetting the applecart somewhat. I'm glad they got 3 points and hopefully it continues.

But credit given where credit is due. Well done to Simon and the team on the victory and onto Hednesford we go.

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:19 am

Good to see a proactive substitution made on the hour when it was clear that Swain wasn't helping the cause. When we have Clayton, Knowles, Daniels, Colbeck, Thewlis and hopefully soon Gascoigne, Emmett and Fallowfield on fire we will take some stopping. Superb defensively in the second half - Gainsborough barely mustered a half chance of any note.

Minor irritation but the moronic berating of the linesman on the Wetherby Road side during the 1st half was a disgrace and not befitting of our club

j2021

Post by j2021 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:44 am

What a 2nd half performance.

During half time I was speaking to a number of people in the stands, the usual moaners saying it looks like the same old again from the last few seasons. Saying Colbeck looked a bad player.... did they not see him in pre-season!?! Different class 2nd half and brilliant to shut up all the depressing moaners.

That 2nd half is what we are capable of if we can in-still some permanent confidence in these lads. We have the potential to be a real force this season. 1st half there was a lack of confidence, no-one willing to take players on, crossing from too deep. 2nd half a completely different story, getting to the by-line whipping in crosses constantly not giving Gainsborough a chance to settle.

Dom Knowles is still a different class, creates chances for himself that I'm not sure any other striker could in the division, has that bit of quality, to always create himself that bit of space to get a shot in.

And great to see a substitution made early enough to make a difference this week. Brilliant from Brendon Daniels, didn't show much in pre-season but has certainly come good when it matters.

Defence deserves a mention as well, weren't threatened at all really, dealt with everything, only a defensive error from McWilliams cost a goal, but he's usually reliable so lets move on.

Bring on Saturday, looking forward to been in full voice again. Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Still room for plenty of improvement . The first half was enough to drive supporters away. Why did Simon take so long to get Daniels on when its obvious that Swain is far better at fullback and is contributing very little up front. I thought he was our established left back last year after being converted from a forword by the management. We need to continue in the same way for the tough game on Saturday and Curzan on Monday.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:19 pm

A game of two halves indeed.

Brilliant transformation from the lads second half. Daniels must start after that performance. Feel we are missing the centre of midfield in an attacking sense but was a win and a great comeback. Let's hope the momentum continues.....it needs to if the club wants to attract more fans - last nights attendance was not the best and was befitting of the first half effort.

The lauded strength in depth came good last night. Let's hope for more of the same.

Careful Garage - you will risk the wrath of the short memory brigade being that critical of anything to do with HTFC.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Got to agree Carefree about midfield . The 36 yr old in midfield is ok but does he ever pass forword -its always sidewards or backwards- a Gascoinge is needed !!!

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:54 pm

FC United fan in peace, got let down with transport to our historic game last night and I couldn't stay on so got myself down Wetherby Road for the first time in a while, last time I saw you play was at Vegas last season, I'll say no more.
    First half I thought same old same old, but second half I was mightily impressed, Clayton and Knowles are obviously a class apart but for me the stand out player in the second half was Nyoni, he bossed the game in that half as the Ganisborough numer 4 did for them in the first half, how it took so long for Weaver to replace Swain with Daniels only he knows.

If you carry on playing like that I'm sure the crowds will go up.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Nyoni wasnt as good last night as last Saturday but he is good - some on forum want to replace him strangely-hope you enjoyed your visit last night 7eric7

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Well worth the £6.50 for the 2nd half not so much the 1st! Yip yip

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:37 pm

Was pleased and amused to see the cynical Trinity timewasters start running enthusiastically to retrieve the ball after we went 2 - 1 up. Great performance Town. Dom fantastic. Daniels very impressive.

wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Got there early and stood in the new Wetherby stand at the far end near to the offices where I normally go. Great views and well done Mr. Weaver for more off filed improvements.
    At half time I thought much the same as we saw last season and not looking good,however second half was a pleasure to watch.Knowles always threatening,Clayton causing his usual nuisance and two good goals from one of the new lads.
    Well done all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 pm