Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
A1 drifter
paulstreet
TheNeil29
nztownfan
JoshR
CCOB
TownUltra
Big Lundy
wetherby58
thetallaccountant
14 posters

***Conference North Next Season Thread***

***Conference North Next Season Thread*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***Conference North Next Season Thread***

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:46 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:They've raised the prices again for next season!!! 13 quid a ticket? Is someone ****** kidding me???

Increase of £9 on a Season Ticket or just under 50p per game. Includes all pre-season home games so personally don't have any complaints.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    CCOB

***Conference North Next Season Thread*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***Conference North Next Season Thread***

Post by CCOB Mon May 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Can't expect it to stay at £12 forever, can't remember the last time it was increased.
    JoshR

Post by JoshR Mon May 04, 2015 9:29 pm

It hasn't been increased for 3 years or so anyway I believe?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 05, 2015 10:13 am

The concession price for a season ticket seated is £130, which I think is excellent value, just over £6 a game if I am right. Got to like it!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 05, 2015 10:13 am

The concession price for a season ticket seated is £130, which I think is excellent value, just over £6 a game if I am right. Got to like it!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 05, 2015 11:01 am

Well, my opinion differs. Because my schedule doesnt allow me to be a season ticket holder or have a concession. I have to pay £13 quid a game. I begrudged paying £12 a game last season when I seen some of the drivel that was produced on the pitch. Clubs in this division charged less, and produced more entertaining football.

If they had finished last season in the playoffs, I wouldnt have minded the extra rise, because i'd think the management had seen the light, but for the fact that last season the team totally underperformed for 3/4 of the season and then they raise the prices after an extremely disappointing season on the pitch?

I also read the statement about the club trying to justify using the stand as an excuse for the rise, but if i'm not wrong, a lot of the cost of that will have been covered by grants, and the club wouldnt have contributed a huge amount towards this.

Its like owning an underperforming business and suffering a loss in profit, then increasing your fees in the hope that you will make the loss up. Custom will soon drop if you dont perform.

And just to add, it has been 5 years since a rise in the gate prices, but in that 5 years, what have we achieved, apart from a few mickey mouse trophies and a decent FA Cup run? Nothing at all.

If they are going to justify this ludicrous decision to raise the prices next season, then they have to come out of the blocks hard and fast, because if they have a season that results in a lower table position, then the fans will just stay away and attendances will drop.
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Tue May 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Have to admit,I moaned a bit last season at paying £12,mainly at the team performances,but have always tipped my hat at the off pitch improvements.
    They have tried to justify the rise due to the ongoing costs of running a club and ground improvments ? ok,but lets see some improvements ON the pitch please,5 years of this drivel is depressing. I shall pay my £13 reluctantly,to start with,and see how it goes.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed May 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Probably will do a few away games next season when im a University, but im not going to pay for home games at that price.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu May 14, 2015 5:04 pm

FOOTBALL CONFERENCE @conferencefooty · 23m 23 minutes ago
    BREAKING NEWS - National League Formation 15/16.
    The Football Association has just released the following:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:44 pm

No trip to Oxford but Lowestoft remain in the North. Bravo the conference.

Looks like a weekender that one.

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:57 pm

The Greater Manchester triangle of chorley Stockport fc united will be a brilliant addition to the league. As well as gate receipts.

Tougher league next season.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 15, 2015 7:34 am

Yeah, it will be a very tough league next season, but it was this season.

Unless the striker issue can be resolved, I do think it will be another mid-table finish next season.

I have nothing against Clayton and Thewlis. They are both very good players, but they just arent prolific enough.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 15, 2015 8:08 am

The 2015-2016 National North league looks like this:

AFC Fylde
    AFC Telford United
    Alfreton Town
    Boston United
    Brackley United
    Bradford (Park Avenue)
    Chorley FC
    Corby Town
    Curzon Ashton
    FC United of Manchester
    Gainsborough Trinity
    Gloucester City
    Harrogate Town
    Hednesford Town
    Lowestoft Town
    North Ferriby United
    Nuneaton Town
    Solihull Moors
    Stalybridge Celtic
    Stockport County
    Tamworth
    Worcester City

That is a tough, tough league for next season.

Gainsborough have already made a big statement, signing Nathan Jarman and Matt Wilson from North Ferriby. I think Nathan Peat is following suit, if his twitter feed is anything to go by. So, they will be ones to look out for next season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 15, 2015 11:56 am

Crikey, that is tough! I suppose its a bit late to apply for voluntary relegation? In all seriousness its hard to see more than 3 or 4 potentially 'weak' teams here: perhaps Lowestoft, Gloucester, maybe Ciurzon Ashton. But the 3 relegated teams are all (potentially) big names, Fylde, Chorley, Boston wont be getting worse, NFU have held on to most of their squad, Trinity seem to be investing, Stockport will surely make a challenge next season, FC United could do well, Stalybridge with Liam Watson in charge will surely improve, BPA might be investing, etc. etc.

I really think that mid table would be optimistic at this stage. We do to invest in at least two strikers. The budget must currently be lower (a lot of the big earners shipped out), so we could afford to splash out. Should be great though!
    7eric7

Post by 7eric7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Looking forward to our first visit to Wetherby Road next season, £13 you say, chuff I stopped going when they put it up from a tenner, suppose once wont do any harm. Rolling Eyes
    I hope there wont be any segregation when we are in town, although I can understand if there is, the scrotes will probably be attracted as they usually are when we play in Leeds territory.
    Anyway just popped in to give you a little example of what to expect when you visit Broadhurst Park next season, this is a magazine video we do called Bring Your Own Ball, it's a special from the official ground opening last Friday night against Benfica.

Hopefully the away end will be finished by then, but I reckon you'll be allowed to roam wherever you please.

Forza FCUM
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Very impressive!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:17 am

Long live FC United...my second favourite club! I will definitely make every effort to get to Broadhurst Park next season, unless its a Tuesday evening (maybe then an overnight in Manchester!).
    Mike of Wetherby

***Conference North Next Season Thread*** - Page 2 Empty Conference North next season

Post by Mike of Wetherby Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Where exactly is Broadhurst Park? What is the nearest railway station?
    kpgduras
    kpgduras

Post by kpgduras Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Mike of Wetherby wrote:Where exactly is Broadhurst Park? What is the nearest railway station?  

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:13 am

Mike of Wetherby wrote:Where exactly is Broadhurst Park? What is the nearest railway station?  

There will be free (maybe) buses on from the town centre on match day/nights, I'll post more details when the game is near.

Really looking forward to filling one of your new stands with reds.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:40 am

Looking forward to it as well Eric, the one match I will be looking for above all else when the fixtures come out in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Not that I'm counting the minutes you understand!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:33 pm

7eric7 wrote:

There will be free (maybe) buses on from the town centre on match day/nights, I'll post more details when the game is near.

Really looking forward to filling one of your new stands with reds.
    Be aware - be very aware - Leeds are away on 20 Feb. !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am