Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Time for the FC United option?

paulstreet

Time for the FC United option?

Post by paulstreet on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:27 pm

It seems to me Town supporters probably fall into four categories: 1) those who support the current regime 2) those who don't really care either way (a larger group than one might think) 3) those, like me, who are not particularly happy about certain aspects but recognise that this is the situation so lets get on with it (perhaps a majority?) 4) the 'refusiniks' who will never be persuaded, we know who they are, and I suspect its a pretty small group.

Maybe its time for this latter group to bite the bullet, accept that the Weavers are going to be here (we must assume) for the foreseeable future, and follow those who despaired of the Glazers and formed FC United. Why not? its a well trodden path, Supporters Direct will give loads of advice. Start planning for the 2016/7 season, apply to the West Yorkshire league, arrange a ground share with Knaresboro' Town, and maybe even resurrect the name Harrogate Hotspurs! There are, plenty of talented young players in the area, more than capable of managing in the West Yorkshire league (altho' you might even try going straight for the NE Counties Division One). Then you could pick your own manager and sack him whenever you wanted! TS as Chairman, of course.

Well, its a slow Tuesday, what else am I going to write about?
    ultimate warrior

Re: Time for the FC United option?

Post by ultimate warrior on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:12 pm

You forgot the fifth category ) those that change their views after each result win lose or draw i guess there will only be one in this catergory lol!

pie and chips

Post by pie and chips on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:36 pm

There's a lot of sense in what PS has written.
    I'm not in the least bit concerned that people know I am in category 1, for a number of reasons.
    As far as numbers go, I think PS is right on the money.
    Maybe it's time to "put up or shut up"................but that won't happen. No  No  No  No  No

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:17 pm

I would say mainly three with a little bit of one. Whilst not happy with the set up (i.e. manager won't be sacked under any circumstances) but happy to back them if the fan/club divide can be brought closer through interaction/information/Q&A.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:20 am

paulstreet wrote:It seems to me Town supporters probably fall into four categories: 1) those who support the current regime 2) those who don't really care either way (a larger group than one might think) 3) those, like me, who are not particularly happy about certain aspects but recognise that this is the situation so lets get on with it (perhaps a majority?) 4) the 'refusiniks' who will never be persuaded, we know who they are, and I suspect its a pretty small group.

Maybe its time for this latter group to bite the bullet, accept that the Weavers are going to be here (we must assume) for the foreseeable future, and follow those who despaired of the Glazers and formed FC United. Why not? its a well trodden path, Supporters Direct will give loads of advice. Start planning for the 2016/7 season, apply to the West Yorkshire league, arrange a ground share with Knaresboro' Town, and maybe even resurrect the name Harrogate Hotspurs!  There are, plenty of talented young players in the area, more than capable of managing in the West Yorkshire league (altho' you might even try going straight for the NE Counties Division One). Then you could pick your own manager and sack him whenever you wanted!  TS as Chairman, of course.

Well, its a slow Tuesday, what else am I going to write about?

Certainly would be good experience for people to find out for themselves how easy it is Wink Wink

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:19 am

Cracking post Paul!

Just wanted to say that last night I went to watch Maidenhead Utd v Concord Rangers (Canvey Island) at the famous old York Street ground. A fascinating evening - great pie, appalling atmosphere, even worse pitch, classic match (2-1 to Concord) involving at least three leg breaking tackles (two missed by the officials). I came away thinking that the CNG experience is in a different league (even more so when the new Wetherby Road terrace is complete).
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Just happy when we win UW! When we win 6 out of 8 I'm ecstatic.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Just talk to a few FCUM fans to find out how tricky it is. And don't talk to Exeter fans!
    A noble idea but, and this will really piss the traditionalists off, it is bad enough we have two teams in HG without having a third.

Harrogate does not have the passion for football to sustain a supporters direct initiative.

What would be a great gesture by the club would be having a fan's elected member to be on the board...........

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 pm

I always note and respect your opinions paulstreet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:30 am