Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Tadcaster Albion

    Share

    Mike of Wetherby

    Posts : 62
    Join date : 2014-09-29
    Age : 78
    Location : Wetherby

    Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Mike of Wetherby on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:06 pm

    Went glory hunting at Tad today. They missed a first half penalty and lost 0-1. For no obvious reason there was a massive brawl at the end of the game involving all the players and a fair proportion of the 1307 crowd.
    avatar
    Town Lishke

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Town Lishke on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:25 pm

    Surprised nobody has blamed this on our rubbish attendance today.

    Chips97

    Posts : 259
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Age : 21
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Chips97 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:43 pm

    Our attendance was decent yesterday to say there was about 15 Gloucester fans if that! but you wouldn't know because you just sit on the forum moaning.
    avatar
    ultimate warrior

    Posts : 171
    Join date : 2014-03-19
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by ultimate warrior on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:00 pm

    Decent? on the warmest day of the year and a winning team
    avatar
    slicker

    Posts : 98
    Join date : 2014-12-28

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by slicker on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:27 pm

    ultimate warrior wrote:Decent? on the warmest day of the year and a winning team

    Thanks for the incisive analysis U Worrier.

    I am sure the commercial team are hanging on your every word. It's an average attendance on an average day, against average opposition where the result places us in an average league position.

    S.
    avatar
    ultimate warrior

    Posts : 171
    Join date : 2014-03-19
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by ultimate warrior on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:19 am

    slicker wrote:
    ultimate warrior wrote:Decent? on the warmest day of the year and a winning team

    Thanks for the incisive analysis U Worrier.

    I am sure the commercial team are hanging on your every word. It's an average attendance on an average day, against average opposition where the result places us in an average league position.

    S.

    just thinking what happened to the 200 who didn't turn up from the last home match? could it have been the 5-2 defeat at Boston? long way to go before we get the 800 we have been told we need
    avatar
    trevdee

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by trevdee on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 am

    ultimate warrior wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    ultimate warrior wrote:Decent? on the warmest day of the year and a winning team

    Thanks for the incisive analysis U Worrier.

    I am sure the commercial team are hanging on your every word. It's an average attendance on an average day, against average opposition where the result places us in an average league position.

    S.

    just thinking what happened to the 200  who didn't turn up from the last home match? could it have been the 5-2 defeat at Boston? long way to go before we get the 800 we have been told we need

    They were busy following Chorley!
    avatar
    Town Lishke

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Town Lishke on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:58 am

    slicker wrote: It's an average attendance on an average day, against average opposition where the result places us in an average league position.
    Actually slightly below average attendance, on a slightly below average day against slightly below average opposition putting us in a slightly below average league position would be more acurate. A slightly below average 33.33% win record or there abouts probably too. Sums up the club under the Weavers rather beautifully R slicker. Well done. cheers
    avatar
    paulstreet

    Posts : 2264
    Join date : 2009-06-19
    Age : 70
    Location : Kirkstall/Headingley

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by paulstreet on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:04 am

    Oh dear, and I really enjoyed Saturday, something wrong with me obviously. The number of home fans at the Chorley game was probably about 500 (there were lots from Chorley). So in fact we 'lost' about 60, and its a reasonable assumption that the bulk of those were watching Taddy Albion (1307 must come from somwhere). Yes it was a bit disappointing, I'd have liked to have seen 500 but bearing in mind that it was a) Gloucester b) we are mid table I don't think it was anything to worry about...350 might have been.

    town supporter

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2014-11-22

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by town supporter on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:28 pm

    Town Lishke wrote:
    slicker wrote: It's an average attendance on an average day, against average opposition where the result places us in an average league position.
    Actually slightly below average attendance, on a slightly below average day against slightly below average opposition putting us in a slightly below average league position would be more acurate. A slightly below average 33.33% win record or there abouts probably too. Sums up the club under the Weavers rather beautifully R slicker. Well done. cheers

    Beat me to it town lishke! Must try harder slicker! And to think bookmakers made us 2nd favourites at the start of the season. Perhaps the bookies will pay closer attention to who's in charge next season!

    town supporter

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2014-11-22

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by town supporter on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:30 pm

    Any consideration given to loaning speight to taddy albion? He would surely fit in quite well judging by events on Saturday ...
    avatar
    ultimate warrior

    Posts : 171
    Join date : 2014-03-19
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by ultimate warrior on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 pm

    town supporter wrote:Any consideration given to loaning speight to taddy albion? He would surely fit in quite well judging by events on Saturday ...



    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

    Innocent Bystander

    Posts : 707
    Join date : 2011-07-31

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Innocent Bystander on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 am

    444 sounds about right for this stage of an uneven season.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:18 pm

    Was fairly surprised given our recent form. Thought it would have been a slightly larger crowd, 550ish.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tadcaster Albion

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 am