Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
yorkiebar
GARAGE
alloa wasp
TownUltra
slicker
Town Lishke
10 posters

AFC. Fylde

slicker
    slicker

AFC. Fylde Empty AFC. Fylde

Post by slicker Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Town lead through Gascoigne

S.
    slicker
    slicker

AFC. Fylde Empty Re: AFC. Fylde

Post by slicker Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Clayton scores to make it 2 nil to Town

S.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:40 pm

One or two will be reaching for the Kleenex if this holds out!!! And the manager will want his name on the new stand etc etc
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Fylde pull one back.

S.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Well done on a 2 - 1 win, not many would have predicted that one.

S.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Get in.
    alloa wasp

Post by alloa wasp Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Good result!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Terrific first half- under pressure understandably second half- we did not allow them to play their normal game - good support from the true supporters- onwards and upwards

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Fantastic performance yesterday and fully deserved the win.

Great to see all of Claytons hard work pay off with a goal.

Another goal from Gascoigne (he scores every week!)

Fans were fantastic as normal!
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:34 pm

great result, great goals ,gascoinge and clayton. best defensive work i have seen for a long time , should have put a couple of subs on earlier , rowe is a waste of time. great singing from the boys ,didnt here owt from flyde fans .
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 am

I thought it was a very controlled and disciplined approach. Nyoni and Gascoigne got control of the Midfield so early. Clayton absolutely bossed their defenders. Crook was just solid in goal and never missed a beat. When we went 2-0 up, we just didnt look like losing, or conceding

I got a little nervous at 2-1, and I was very angry with Fylde, as I believed the game should have been stopped due to Jack's injury, but was a very relieved person when the final whistle went.

It was also nice that the Chairman came over during the game to speak to a few fans, and that the squad and management spoke to the fans afterwards. I'm not a massive fan of the setup we have with Irving and Simon, but credit where credit is due. I shook his hand and congratulated him on the result. A lot of honest exchanges took place and hopefully, the squad will take this new found confidence and keep pushing higher up the table.

Onwards and Upwards.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:25 am

TheNeil29 wrote:

I got a little nervous at 2-1, and I was very angry with Fylde, as I believed the game should have been stopped due to Jack's injury, but was a very relieved person when the final whistle went.

To be fair, he was off the pitch at the time, and I am pretty sure we would have done the same - it did make for a tense last 10 minutes.

Noticed that there was one player who failed to come on at the end or show his face in the club house after.

Nyoni was great with the fans and even had a dance off with one of the drunken misfits.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am

Well, to be honest Jordan. If its the player that I think it is. He wouldnt have been welcome anyway. The said player has an attitude problem and a real bad attitude to go with it. He isnt welcome at this club, and the sooner Irving and Simon get shut of him, get his wages off the books and utilise it on a player/players who actually give their all to the cause (i.e Nyoni and Gascoigne to name just 2....) the better.

Gascoigne has to be signed and that needs to happen very soon, or we will lose out on him. If I was Simon, this would be the next thing I would address.

Is Nyoni on loan or is he permanent?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:27 am

Not too sure about Nyoni - I thought he has signed until the end of the season? The guy is class and if we can keep the majority of this team, I am confident that we can do well next season.

Shame that we won't have Crook next season as I thought he was outstanding on Saturday. Did not have a great deal to do, but what he did have to do, he did well.

You can tell the current crop of players really want to do well and are willing to get stuck in there and give 110% for the club, the management and the fans.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:54 am

Yes, great result. Good to hear more attempt being made to 'bond' with the fans. This young squad does look to have real potential: I mean one win, even two might be put down to good fortune, but to beat Boston, Solihull AND Fylde clearly means there is real substance there. Some concern that at least three of this team are, I believe, on loan still: Clayton, Gascoine and Fallowfield and I believe Crook is off to the States in the Autumn (great for him, bad for us!). I keep logging on hoping to hear the magic words 'Gascoine signs a contract for Town', the longer I don't read it, the more worried I get! Lets face it, lots of club Chairman/Managers will have been aware of his exploits for us. I guess there is a reasonable chance that Paul Clayton might join us for next season, Fallowfield depends upon how Hull regard him. If they release him, lets make sure we sign him up...full time if necessary. Can't wait for Saturday now.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Strangly enough, the club have just released an update.

Gazza signs permanently - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Fantastic news. The club seem to be getting it right in the last few weeks. I just hope it carries on.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:01 pm

YES!! cheers cheers I'll enjoy my lunch even more now. Now lets get Clayton signed up. Smile
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Nyoni and Gascoigne have both signed for the rest of this season.
    I think you need to look back a little further than the last 4 games.
    From Tamworth on 20th Dec we have played 10 games (Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 4), 7 of those games have been against the current top 6 and an 8th away at Solihull Moors.
    Our record could have been even better had we been given that "goal" at Brackley and a stone-wall penalty against Hednesford when the score was 0-0.
    We now have a team playing to instructions and with with pace and confidence together with a strong bench.
    Looking forward to another tough game on Saturday (with an unchanged team)
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Great news about these two signings - really encouraging. Let's hope we can get Clayton to stay as well.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Fylde beat Boston 3-0 tonight to go to the top of the league, and they still have a game in hand.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Makes Saturday's performance look even better.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:12 pm

It was one of the best away performances I have ever seen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm