Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+15
Mystery
TheNeil29
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
nobby99
Dark Knight
Townfan
GARAGE
Championship Manager
pontifex532
paulstreet
ultimate warrior
TownUltra
A1 drifter
trevdee
19 posters

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Innocent Bystander

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town Empty Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:33 pm

On a month's loan .... hopefully to partner Wally up front and cause some grief

Watch out lads .... neanderthal football is coming your way over Xmas .......

Hoping the game goes ahead because the weather forecast is for a deep frost and low temps on Boxing Day!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Post by Townfan Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Reading the Alfreton forum reminded me of ours when Killock went on loan to Guiseley. They are fuming.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Post by trevdee Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:50 am

He still hasn't really addressed what he identifies as his main issue - midfield.

Usual story lets flood the squad with strikers but give them limited chances.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Just been reading the comments on the Alfreton forum - lots of puzzlement and similarities with our own forum, including less than complimentary views about the loan, the timing of it and their manager's thinking in agreeing it. Still, best of luck to 'Clayts' and let's hope he does a good job while he's with us.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Thought he was excellent today. Tired in the 2nd half but to be expected. If you are going to play direct football you need a target man, and he performed that role really well. Could be a great signing.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:26 pm

TownUltra wrote:Thought he was excellent today. Tired in the 2nd half but to be expected. If you are going to play direct football you need a target man, and he performed that role really well. Could be a great signing.
    Yeah they love a bit of Weaver hoofball on here. Might as well order the open top bus now Rolling Eyes
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Clayton was superb today - great first touch and hold up play
    Overall a much more intense performance against a classy Guiseley team
    I gave Luke the MoM for his tackling - Fallowfield was our second choice
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    TownUltra wrote:Thought he was excellent today. Tired in the 2nd half but to be expected. If you are going to play direct football you need a target man, and he performed that role really well. Could be a great signing.
    Yeah they love a bit of Weaver hoofball on here. Might as well order the open top bus now Rolling Eyes

Well it won't be Eddie Browns buses
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Bit of a drop in attendance from last years fixture. Surprised given how well Guiseley are doing.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:15 am

Well, I was expecting to be ranting and raving this morning, but can't do it. Thought we played pretty well yesterday, certainly could not fault the commitment of the players. Shiels does look like an excellent acquisition, I was impressed with Clayton, first half at least. Clayton and Walshaw should (repeat 'should'), be a 'deadly duo' and Swain had his moments. Kerry looked almost back to his best, and Fallowfield (great name!) also looked very useful...hope we can extend his loan. Barnes made 2 or 3 important saves, Adam and Bloomer put a shift in. McGurk excellent, as usual. A draw was a fair result I thought, we edged the first half, they were better the second half.

Still, stating the bleedin' obvious, we have to score goals, and we didn't really make that many clear cut chances yesterday.

Cartman scored again, Armstrong got 2 for Darlington, Margetts scored for someone (Trinity?), Liam Hardy is scoring regularly for Buxton (NPL his right level I think), Woodsy got sent off for Hartlepool. Its a full time job keeping track of ex-Town players.

Really tough one tomorrow...hope he picks the same team.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:05 pm

0 goals in 6 hours. 2 in 10 and a half if you ignore Thackley (which we obviously should). We're going absolutely nowhere.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Only Brackley Town have scored less goals than us looks like a relegation fight coming on for us,
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Yesterday was just papering over the cracks. Didn't think Guisley were that good.
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Amazing how good Simon is at lowering expectations, yesterday was no better than the Gainsborough 0-0 from earlier in the season, two local teams slugging it out for a point. It was pure hoof ball and Guiseley were poor, at least Mark Bower could admit to that!

The back 3 did a good job a stifling the Guiseley attacks but at times we were playing a 5-2-3, so that's Simons answer to sorting out the midfield, just forget about it.

The problem now is that we have the mentality of a mid table team that are going out there to cause upsets, not of one of the top teams trying to take 3 points each time we play. And even when he seems happy with a result he still has to have a snipe about "things going against us which people seem to forget about" that'll be the injuries again!

After listening to Simons post match interview on the website its finally sunk in that he's here to stay, another summer of rebuilding the squad, learning from our mistakes, bringing in winners, only to see it all collapse under a constant stream of excuses, I can hardly wait!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Slight improvement yesterday but the midfield is non existent- Sheils had his best game in a Town shirt- Clayton is superb and cannot be fully fit yet-I'm expecting Nowakowski to be in goal next because hes in a different position nearly every game -second half we tended to sit too far back and let them come at us especially at their corners when we left nobody up front- still an unexpected welcome point
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Well if it's a relegation fight, then at least we have something to play and get behind the team for... The singing and spirit in the kop / hospital end, 2nd half, was a lot of fun and must have given the players a big lift. Win,lose, or draw, no matter who's in charge, that camaraderie and togetherness is really becoming something special. Great to be part of.

You should come to a game sometime DK you'd enjoy the kop.

Two more very tough games coming up. You can almost hear DKs fingers rubbing together, somewhere in Yorkshire in pre-coital finger tapping glee, willing Town to lose.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:40 pm

TownUltra wrote:

You should come to a game sometime DK you'd enjoy the kop.

If it were just a case that we had a poor team and a bad manager I would support the club but the fact is the dice are loaded, no matter how bad we are, no matter how far we fall, nothing is going to change because the manager is not accountable for results and therefore you cannot blame the players because deep down they all know that it doesn't really matter if they lose. We are not a serious football club and until that changes I am simply not prepared to commit my time and money to supporting this ridiculous charade any longer. Anyone who does is an even bigger fool than the manager and his father.

And yes I'll openly admit that I now hope the team continue to lose as it's clearly the only way this sickening garbage and embarrassment to the town of Harrogate will ever come to an end. The saddest part is I don't actually have to wish very hard for the next shocking performance or cr*p result because there's always another one right around the corner.

I know Harrogate folk are slow on the uptake but you'd think by now the penny would have dropped. We're long past the point where a run of good results is going to change anything. Says it all that yesterday is now seen as a great result. If there are people who now believe that and can't see the reasons why it was no big deal then the club really is beyond help or hope.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:24 am

So you don't go to games and you want the team to lose every week. Why are you on this forum?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:56 pm

I've just explained why, numpty. Town are no longer a football club and won't be until the Weavers are out. They are embarrassing my town and making a mockery of it's football club. I cannot support what they are doing. To sit back and say/do nothing would make me complicit in this utter sham.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:34 pm

I wouldn't go as far as DK and say I hope we lose, but its starting to get that way. We can't get anything else out of this season, apart from hopefully not getting relegated. The best thing that could come out of it is a change of management team, and a new start next season - however I totally don't expect this to happen.

As for today it either a lovely 200 mile round trip to Barrow, or free entry at Railway to see them play Salford. Tough choice.....

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Thought Guiseley were mediocre at best. People calling them classy are giving them too much credit and to boot our performance. Worcester or Moors etc would have done us and lacked yet again a defined midfield and up front we were average at best.

New year away day to Guiseley should be interesting. Surely they cannot be as shite second time around.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Dark Knight wrote:I've just explained why, numpty. Town are no longer a football club and won't be until the Weavers are out. They are embarrassing my town and making a mockery of it's football club. I cannot support what they are doing. To sit back and say/do nothing would make me complicit in this utter sham.

I ageee with DK - Simon is only accountable to himself, he has no shame and is making mugs of us all. He doesn't have enough about himself to do the honourable thing, accept he's not cut out for management and resign - in view of that the only option to register disapproval as fans is to not attend home games otherwise it's simply perpetuating this farcical situation we've ended up in. At least for the meantime I'm getting my football fix at station view. I would recommend others to do the same.
    Mystery

Post by Mystery Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Barrow1-Harrogate 1
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Good result - rare to come away from Barrow with anything - well done on two gutsy performances in 50 hours
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Yeah, as much as I am against the current management. I'm pleased with a 1-1 draw, away. They'd been recently winning all their home games, so its a creditable result. 2 points more than I thought we would get out of these 3 fixtures.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:36 am