Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Harrogate Town Supporters Club

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Harrogate Town Supporters Club Empty Harrogate Town Supporters Club

Post by nztownfan Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:28 pm

What is the official stance on the situation with the management?? I realize that they have close ties with Mr Weaver Senior (funding buses ect...) but I think it is clear that many of the supporters are unhappy, and for me this situation is entirely why we all pay money for the supporters group. As a voice for the supporters.

I'm not attempting to hijack the committee or anything.. or ruin what I see as a wonderful group but perhaps a poll of member's and a official statment or even something further could be possible??

What is important is that we don't let everything die down.
    Martin L

Harrogate Town Supporters Club Empty Re: Harrogate Town Supporters Club

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi NZ, fans and the running of the club seem to be two very different avenues. Katherine runs the supporters club very well and Ged is a fantastic "bridge" between the supporters club and the football club.

Our away support has not only grown ( I would say from Histon away) but is so vocal and very well behaved.

We like a drink, a sing song but never ever trouble or swear word.

The problem isn't OFF the pitch, its ON the pitch.

See you soon mate.

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Martin L wrote:Hi NZ, fans and the running of the club seem to be two very different avenues. Katherine runs the supporters club very well and Ged is a fantastic "bridge" between the supporters club and the football club.

Our away support has not only grown ( I would say from Histon away) but is so vocal and very well behaved.

We like a drink, a sing song but never ever trouble or swear word.

The problem isn't OFF the pitch, its ON the pitch.

See you soon mate.

No a supporters group should be the voice of the fans. Look at Blackpool or Manchester United both of who's supporters group are the centre of there teams protests. Not to mention various lower league teams.

I am fully aware how good it is, but I believe its times like this which it becomes crucial.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 pm

if we want to stay away, we will.

Doesn't have to be a supporters club movement. From the home gates, there are far more non supporters club members that go who are now slipping away.

We are all grown up and do what we personally think is right.

NZ, the reason we will stay away is because of the performances.

No plackards, banners, fly by from a plane with weaver out. Too expensive.

If fans don't want to go, they wont. That seems to be already happening.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 am

The only way it is going to work is if the fans vote with their feet. But that wont happen.

I am only one of a minority who is willing to do this. So, if you really want change, you all know how to make it happen.

#sackweaver
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Martin L wrote:if we want to stay away, we will.

Doesn't have to be a supporters club movement. From the home gates, there are far more non supporters club members that go who are now slipping away.

We are all grown up and do what we personally think is right.

NZ, the reason we will stay away is because of the performances.

No plackards, banners, fly by from a plane with weaver out. Too expensive.

If fans don't want to go, they wont. That seems to be already happening.

I didnt suggest any of this. What I would suggest is an open statement from the supporters group expressing fans concerns and inviting Mr Weaver Senior to a Q&A. That's better then a few fans grumbling on here.
    developer1

Post by developer1 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:11 pm

nztownfan wrote:What I would suggest is an open statement from the supporters group expressing {a small number of electonically vocal} fans concerns and inviting Mr Weaver Senior to a Q&A. That's better then a few fans grumbling on here.

Can you explain why that's better? Is it because you imagine airing these veiws in real life, in person, with passion, will get you more of a hearing than you already have?

It's exactly the same, it'll be a few grumbling in real life, rather than here.. If he sits in the stands, is in the 1919, and is half awake, he's no fool, and knows what the opinions are in here, but is the majority of fans?

He's betting it's not, your betting it is.

Here's how the open, friendly and lovely Q&A would go if were ever to happen, which it won't:

Q: Mr Weaver Snr, why is your son still in charge despite the abysmal performances?
    A: Because he is my son, and I'm not really bothered about the actual result we get on the pitch because it's not important to me, and because people keep paying to see his results.
    Q: Why wont you sack him?
    A: Because he's my son, plus the gate recepits don't change, no matter how much bitching & bellyaching goes on, and they are not related to the results we are putting out.
    Q: Will he remain in charge for the forseeable future?
    A: Yes.
    Q: Will you continue to support your son if the vast majority of fans don't turn up to matches anymore?

> That's the question you don't know the answer to, until it's actually organised & done.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:29 pm

developer1 wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:What I would suggest is an open statement from the supporters group expressing {a small number of electonically vocal} fans concerns and inviting Mr Weaver Senior to a Q&A. That's better then a few fans grumbling on here.

Can you explain why that's better? Is it because you imagine airing these veiws in real life, in person, with passion, will get you more of a hearing than you already have?

It's exactly the same, it'll be a few grumbling in real life, rather than here.. If he sits in the stands, is in the 1919, and is half awake, he's no fool, and knows what the opinions are in here, but is the majority of fans?

He's betting it's not, your betting it is.

Here's how the open, friendly and lovely Q&A would go if were ever to happen, which it won't:

Q: Mr Weaver Snr, why is your son still in charge despite the abysmal performances?
    A: Because he is my son, and I'm not really bothered about the actual result we get on the pitch because it's not important to me, and because people keep paying to see his results.
    Q: Why wont you sack him?
    A: Because he's my son, plus the gate recepits don't change, no matter how much bitching & bellyaching goes on, and they are not related to the results we are putting out.
    Q: Will he remain in charge for the forseeable future?
    A: Yes.
    Q: Will you continue to support your son if the vast majority of fans don't turn up to matches anymore?

> That's the question you don't know the answer to, until it's actually organised & done.

Because a supporters club with a 100 members, which has polled them. Is able to speak much better for the supporters then 10/12 online members on here can.

I dont see the point in leaving things how they are and letting the clubs support die away naturally. It wont affect the already rich Weavers if a few 100 fans dont turn up but it will affect our future sustainability as a club. Do you really think everyone will come bounding back to the club if they do leave? I for one dont.

So to answer your question no its not much but at least its something.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Ged has already mentioned a Q&A to be arranged soon, for the record, a U19's team are playing at Station View this evening, KO 745pm admission 2 Quid.

A win on Saturday for the first team and we are right back in it, followed up by the evening match next Tuesday, and thing get really interesting. We aren't out of it yet, plenty of football left to play, 6 points in 4 days and play offs we'll be touching.

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:09 pm

CraigHurle wrote:Ged has already mentioned a Q&A to be arranged soon, for the record, a U19's team are playing at Station View this evening, KO 745pm admission 2 Quid.

A win on Saturday for the first team and we are right back in it, followed up by the evening match next Tuesday, and thing get really interesting. We aren't out of it yet, plenty of football left to play, 6 points in 4 days and play offs we'll be touching.

I dont know if you are saying that stuff because your employed by the club or if you just haven't been seeing the football we have been playing. We are not going to be in the playoffs this season and even if we did we wouldnt deserve it. I have put up with 5 years of this shite, not a chance am i setting foot in the stadium and giving that family money until the manager is gone.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:15 pm

nztownfan wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:Ged has already mentioned a Q&A to be arranged soon, for the record, a U19's team are playing at Station View this evening, KO 745pm admission 2 Quid.

I dont know if you are saying that stuff because your employed by the club or if you just haven't been seeing the football we have been playing. We are not going to be in the playoffs this season and even if we did we wouldnt deserve it. I have put up with 5 years of this shite, not a chance am i setting foot in the stadium and giving that family money until the manager is gone.

for the record, I am not employed by the Club, I'm a volunteer, but I am saying it because I believe in it, let's see after Tuesday. Good Luck U19's this evening, a win tonight and top of the league.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 am