Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
trevdee
Innocent Bystander
6 posters

Shane Killock

Innocent Bystander

Shane Killock Empty Shane Killock

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Shane doesn't even make the bench today? Club Captain, leader, superb defender ..... injured? Out of favour? Barnes, McGurk, Heath, Bloomer total age comfortably in excess of 130 years .... any conference north club playing Harrogate know what game to play - fast counter attacks and we are dead meat!

Shane Killock Empty Re: Shane Killock

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Don't know if you've watched last few weeks but killer for me doesn't look quite right touch seemed heavy and a bit jaded. Bloomer on the other hand came on at half time and changed the game Saturday looked calm at the back. Franks on the bench is great to see
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm

I've seen every home game pre-season and early league ..... agreed that Shane was a bit low on match fitness and sharpness ....but he is a class act ....

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 am

Franks came on yesterday and made a instant impact, a huge throw in right in the penaity area, and a massive shot on goal, just missing its target. Killock isn't match fit at the moment, and has told me so himself, he'll be ready soon, he's a leader on the field and he'll be back. Injuries already piling up in Adam N, Lewis Turner, Margatts with a nasty gash, Speight, Worsfold, Kendall...... It's not an excuse, but whatever anyone else says, its a HUGE reason why we aren't playing to our best and full strength right now.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 am

Franks did come on and certainly was a large impace...What the hell is all the weight he has piled on? Shouldn't happen to a player on a contract....Oh but then Kendal was in the bar after supping a pint...Again in my eyes completely out of order. We have 2 points from 15 no ffffing player should be in the bar drinking booze after the game whether injured or not!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 am

Craig. It is not a huge reason at all. That is why you have a squad of 18-20+ players. In case of situations like this. We have more than enough quality in the squad to cover several of those players.

Examples:

Adam N. We have Lenighan, Kerry, Griffith and Metcalfe.
    Lewis Turner. We have Matt Bloomer, Rhys Meynell is predominantly left back, but can play right back, and has done so for Guiseley & Leigh Franks can play right back also.
    Margatts, Speight, Worsfold, Kendall - We have Dominic Rowe, Louie Swain, James Walshaw and Nathan Cartman available. All who can play in the Striker role. We also have Metcalfe and Nelthorpe who can play on the wing if Dominic Rowe was to play upfront.

There is more than enough strength in the squad, so I do not agree with your above comment as to why it is a huge reason, because it isn't.

Stop trying to justify our pathetic run of form, because it can not be justified. We have a tactically incompetent manager at the helm, who some of us have had to put up with with for 5 years, achieving the square root of **** all apart from a mickey mouse trophy, an FA Cup 2nd Round, of which of the team that beat us were 2/3 divisions below, and also got relegated at the end of that season and a couple of top half finishes. It's not exactly a gleaming CV, and the only reason he is still in a job is because his dad owns the club. The only reason his dad took over the club was to save his son from joining the dole queue, because if a different, unbiased chairman had taken over, he would have been gone 2 years ago. And dont bring up all the positive things off the pitch, because that doesnt get us results on the pitch. If it did, we wouldnt be in this division. 95% of the fans want the results on the pitch.

I'm sick and tired to the back teeth of all the excuses. The only way our pathetic run of form will stop is if we change the manager, or he has a tactical knowledge transplant.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 am

Any budding detectives out there want to hunt down the missing players? Colin Larkin, 20 minutes and has since disappeared without trace. Someone tells us he has already left 'due to fitness reasons'. So why the hell sign him?
    Griffith: 45 minutes on Saturday, not even on the bench yesterday. Whats that all about?
    Alex Metcalfe: comes on as sub against Hednesford, Simon tells us he helped change the game, no sign of him since
    Nathan Cartman: on as a sub against BPA, again disappeared without trace (might be found in the Station View area). And I havn't even mentined Jake Speight!

Shambles isn't it?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04 am

Squad of 18 or 20 Neil? Last time I checked it was about 47.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 am

Do you know what the most funniest thing is that why hasnt a member of the Ostrich Brigade raised his head above the parapet and try to justify everything?

Answer: It is because everything that has been said is pretty much true and accurate in my opinions. Even the most hardcore fans than me agree with the majority of my views and opinons, some of who have been following the club for longer than the ages of most players on the pitch.

I refuse to lay the blame with the players, because they are the most talented bunch in this league, period. If the managers position was made vacant, we would have a lot of quality managers applying, most of who would be more than happy to work with the current squad.

I feel so sorry for Irving Weaver in this, as well as the long suffering fans, the majority of who have followed this team for a lot longer than the 7 years I have.

If Irving is serious about his investment and his intentions for the future of the club, he would do something about the current situation. Its all nice building a new stand, but based on current evidence, the chances of filling it are very slim indeed.

Swift and decisive action is needed. One way or another.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 am

CraigHurle wrote:Franks came on yesterday and made a instant impact, a huge throw in right in the penaity area, and a massive shot on goal, just missing its target. Killock isn't match fit at the moment, and has told me so himself, he'll be ready soon, he's a leader on the field and he'll be back. Injuries already piling up in  Adam N, Lewis Turner, Margatts with a nasty gash, Speight, Worsfold, Kendall...... It's not an excuse, but whatever anyone else says, its a HUGE reason why we aren't playing to our best and full strength right now.

What on earth did you expect him to say Craig? He’s unlikely to say, ‘well to be honest Craig, I’m having a miserable time, my pre-season was awful and I’m only here because I get paid more than I would at most other clubs in the league. I also don't mind telling you that i have concerns about one of my teammates facing court action, particularly given the nature of the charge and the background surrounding the case. This has had an extremely negative impact on team morale. Ultimately, I’m hoping that a club with a genuine prospect of promotion, will rescue me from this nightmare so that I can start enjoying my football again and provide me with the opportunity to get back to my best.’
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 am

Talking of disappearing acts .... what has happened to Luke Dean? I've got a feeling he will be needed in midfield in a couple of weeks.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:41 am

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:Franks came on yesterday and made a instant impact, a huge throw in right in the penaity area, and a massive shot on goal, just missing its target. Killock isn't match fit at the moment, and has told me so himself, he'll be ready soon, he's a leader on the field and he'll be back. Injuries already piling up in  Adam N, Lewis Turner, Margatts with a nasty gash, Speight, Worsfold, Kendall...... It's not an excuse, but whatever anyone else says, its a HUGE reason why we aren't playing to our best and full strength right now.

What on earth did you expect him to say Craig?  He’s unlikely to say, ‘well to be honest Craig, I’m having a miserable time, my pre-season was awful and I’m only here because I get paid more than I would at most other clubs in the league.  I also don't mind telling you that i have concerns about one of my teammates facing court action, particularly given the nature of the charge and the background surrounding the case.  This has had an extremely negative impact on team morale.  Ultimately, I’m hoping that a club with a genuine prospect of promotion, will rescue me from this nightmare so that I can start enjoying my football again and provide me with the opportunity to get back to my best.’    

I can actually stomach everyone elses negative opinion, because it's their right, but yours? Nope! Because you only pop up when things go back and spin alot of crap on the Weavers to hidden agendas, I can go all the way back to 2010 on this forum and pick out the same posts from you personally, and track them all to times when the Club are going through a run of bad results, and also note that you say nothing for months and months when we are winning and getting plaudits from other clubs and football league clubs too on our set up and structure, I pretty damn sure Killock would be very insulted by the words you claim he would say, so for everyone else, fair dues and good point, but for you TS, all I hear is 'blah blah blah simon out blah blah blah' I look forward to the run of wins which shuts you up again for a few months. Killock is a professional and a true gent and I can assure you this, he knows when he isnt match fit and will be back on the field before you know it, to poke one in the eye for to you. Now, I must go, I'm off to play with my 4 year old son, who quite frankly talks more sense than you.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:07 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

What on earth did you expect him to say Craig?  He’s unlikely to say, ‘well to be honest Craig, I’m having a miserable time, my pre-season was awful and I’m only here because I get paid more than I would at most other clubs in the league.  I also don't mind telling you that i have concerns about one of my teammates facing court action, particularly given the nature of the charge and the background surrounding the case.  This has had an extremely negative impact on team morale.  Ultimately, I’m hoping that a club with a genuine prospect of promotion, will rescue me from this nightmare so that I can start enjoying my football again and provide me with the opportunity to get back to my best.’    

I can actually stomach everyone elses negative opinion, because it's their right, but yours? Nope! Because you only pop up when things go back and spin alot of crap on the Weavers to hidden agendas, I can go all the way back to 2010 on this forum and pick out the same posts from you personally, and track them all to times when the Club are going through a run of bad results, and also note that you say nothing for months and months when we are winning and getting plaudits from other clubs and football league clubs too on our set up and structure, I pretty damn sure Killock would be very insulted by the words you claim he would say, so for everyone else, fair dues and good point, but for you TS, all I hear is 'blah blah blah simon out blah blah blah' I look forward to the run of wins which shuts you up again for a few months. Killock is a professional and a true gent and I can assure you this, he knows when he isnt match fit and will  be back on the field before you know it, to poke one in the eye for to you. Now, I must go, I'm off to play with my 4 year old son, who quite frankly talks more sense than you.

Oh the old hidden agendas thing again – they’re so well hidden I can’t even find them myself! I doubt Shane would be insulted, far from it, I think he would be quite amused.

I take it from your comment about your 4 year old talking more sense than me, that the young lad has outlined his plans for replacing the Weavers and appointing a new manager. If so then I’d love to hear more …

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:Talking of disappearing acts .... what has happened to Luke Dean? I've got a feeling he will be needed in midfield in a couple of weeks.

Ask Craig - he'll tell you. My guess is lacking in match fitness!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 pm

the worst thing about yesterday was the fact we sung our hearts out for 90 mins and Simon didn't even acknowledge us at the end that we had even bothered to make the effort.....poor, pathetic and this club is the laughing stock of the conf north at the moment.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:58 pm

trevdee wrote:the worst thing about yesterday was the fact we sung our hearts out for 90 mins and Simon didn't even acknowledge us at the end that we had even bothered to make the effort.....poor, pathetic and this club is the laughing stock of the conf north at the moment.

The Power of the 12th man on Saturday was deafening, singing the NFU fans out of their own ground, very passionate, and I mentioned it a couple of times on the FB and Twitter feeds. It could be heard on the radio and possibly as far as Hull itself. Very loud. I saw the players come over and acknowledge, which was nice, and not to make excuses for Simon, which I know it will sound like I am doing, but he was still smarting over that penalty decision and Ferriby goal, which should of been kicked out due to Margetts injury. Normally Simon is one of the first to come over and he is one of the first to get the players to go over too.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:30 pm

town supporter wrote:
    I take it from your comment about your 4 year old talking more sense than me, that the young lad has outlined his plans for replacing the Weavers and appointing a new manager.  If so then I’d love to hear more …

my 4 year old makes more common sense with his babbling than you do fella, actually he likes Simon, he played kick about with him on the play day in Valley Gardens last month, As for Killock, yes, he would be insulted by the words you are using as if it's his own. Insulted and possibly angry.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    town supporter wrote:
    I take it from your comment about your 4 year old talking more sense than me, that the young lad has outlined his plans for replacing the Weavers and appointing a new manager.  If so then I’d love to hear more …

my 4 year old makes more common sense with his babbling than you do fella, actually he likes Simon, he played kick about with him on the play day in Valley Gardens last month, As for Killock, yes, he would be insulted by the words you are using as if it's his own. Insulted and possibly angry.

I find it hard to take you seriously, you speak with an air of authority, when the reality is, you don’t have the foggiest. The bits of information you’ve picked up are for the most part pointless and reveal nothing of any interest. I see no point in explaining to you the post regarding Shane because I expect you’re too simple to understand what I’m getting at (I think forum users are mostly intelligent enough to realise it wasn’t a direct quote from Shane himself). Rest assured there are various things happening behind the scenes that reflect very poorly on the club. I will wait for the club to make whatever announcement it feels is necessary and then see what tosh you come out with. Now piss off you deluded fool.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:40 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:the worst thing about yesterday was the fact we sung our hearts out for 90 mins and Simon didn't even acknowledge us at the end that we had even bothered to make the effort.....poor, pathetic and this club is the laughing stock of the conf north at the moment.

The Power of the 12th man on Saturday was deafening, singing the NFU fans out of their own ground, very passionate, and I mentioned it a couple of times on the FB and Twitter feeds. It could be heard on the radio and possibly as far as Hull itself. Very loud. I saw the players come over and acknowledge, which was nice, and not to make excuses for Simon, which I know it will sound like I am doing, but he was still smarting over that penalty decision and Ferriby goal, which should of been kicked out due to Margetts injury. Normally Simon is one of the first to come over and he is one of the first to get the players to go over too.

Didn't come over after the BPA game either... none of them did.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Different sport .... but the way in which Castleford Tigers under Daryll Powell have made deliberate attempts to bond with their supporters especially after the game is quite incredible .... after an away win they will have a team photo in front of the away end fans; on Saturday morning they were mixing with the fans staying in their hotel by sharing a coffee with them.

Ok ... it is a full time sport but Castleford are a shining example of the players taking a lead

I saw something very similar when I spent some time with Melbourne Storm last year in the NRL.

And German soccer clubs have a similar spirit and focus on their fans

..... I repeat .... Town is a part time club with ambition and resources .....most of the players seem to have no connection with the fans .... James Walshaw is an obvious exception. Perhaps they are embarrassed by how they are playing?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

CraigHurle wrote:

The Power of the 12th man on Saturday was deafening, singing the NFU fans out of their own ground, very passionate, and I mentioned it a couple of times on the FB and Twitter feeds. It could be heard on the radio and possibly as far as Hull itself. Very loud. I saw the players come over and acknowledge, which was nice, and not to make excuses for Simon, which I know it will sound like I am doing, [b]but he was still smarting over that penalty decision and Ferriby goal, which should of been kicked out due to Margetts injury. Normally Simon is one of the first to come over and he is one of the first to get the players to go over too.

Was great to get the atmosphere back at an away game after trips to BPA and Hednesford. I think it may have been the 6 Jagerbombs before the game which made us sing.

In refernece to the above, I think I missed the penalty incident however, I don't agree that the ball should have been kicked out due to the Margetts injury. It was not a foul, I think, and nor was it a head injury. Ferriby had every right to play on.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:04 pm

town supporter wrote:Now piss off you deluded fool.  

affraid affraid affraid affraid abuse?!? really?!? I think the fool is you and by your tone, proves it Razz Razz Razz Razz I have every right to offer my personal opinion on here as much as you TS, and you can abuse me as much as you want, but at the end of the day, haters gunna hate! I'd rather be me, thankyou. Cool
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Hate to say this Craig, but I was at the game Monday, stood near you for a chunk of the second half, and you were not even watching the game! At least I forced myself to watch every minute of it.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:16 pm

paulstreet wrote:Hate to say this Craig, but I was at the game Monday, stood near you for a chunk of the second half, and you were not even watching the game!  At least I forced myself to watch every minute of it.

Not even watching the game?!? Sorry, but its alittle impossible to keep eye ball on the game 100% of the time when you are doing official social media updates on the match itself on FB and Twitter, as well as keeping an eye on my kid, and the camera equipment? I watched the match, and my view wont change, despite people wanting it changed, we played the better football on the day, especially the first half and we deserved more than a 1-0 defeat. I saw the match, trying to say I didnt see it to cheapen my opinion is alittle low.

Last edited by CraigHurle on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:22 pm

paulstreet wrote:Hate to say this Craig, but I was at the game Monday, stood near you for a chunk of the second half, and you were not even watching the game!  At least I forced myself to watch every minute of it.

Also, stood near me? No one was stood near me, but my son Callum and for part of the time, Peter's son. We was sat under cover, in part, I admit, to protect my lap top from the rain, and if you had time to watch me, then I would also say you didnt watch every minute of the game either, Sometimes, just sometimes I have to update on the match, thats what am here for, and most of the time away, I will taking pictures, I know people want to disagree with my opinion, thats their right, and yours, but please dont question my commitment and watching the match.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am