Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
TheNeil29
paulstreet
j2021
Admin
8 posters

Jonathan Hedge

Admin
    Admin

Jonathan Hedge Empty Jonathan Hedge

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:03 pm

last years goalkeeper Hedge now at Halifax as just made the England C squad..
    j2021

Jonathan Hedge Empty Re: Jonathan Hedge

Post by j2021 Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Nice, he really was a klass act when he came in for provett at the end of last season , Good luck to him in the future!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:28 am

Yes, congratulations to Hedgy, yet another player we let go needlessly, along with Tom Hirst, Dave Syers etc etc. Going to see Farsley this afternoon and will be watching the latter two, and Krief and Matty Young and, of course Granty!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Always rated Hedge, and wondered why Provett always got the nod. It just goes to show, that sometimes, the grass is greener on the other side......
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:15 am

went to Farsley Saturday: cracking match: no end of chances. Farsley lost but looked pretty good. I was almost in tears watching how well Tom Hirst played, Dave Syers is a real class act, as is Young. Granty is always likely to score or make a goal and Krief runs the show in midfield. And to think they all once wore the yellow and black...sad, sad, sad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm

It is sad, but times change. In my opinion, for the worse most definitely but that couldnt be helped either due to financial constraints.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 am

TheNeil29 wrote:It is sad, but times change. In my opinion, for the worse most definitely but that couldnt be helped either due to financial constraints.

The very same financial constraints that Farsley have had, if not worse than ours, so how does that work, when they can still retain and sign class players whilst on the verge of going under?
    ***** Laughing COME ON TOWN Laughing *****
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 am

My thoughts exactly. Don't understand this at all: Ellington, for example, is one of the best strikers in the league, must be earning a decent wage, and Matty Young presumably didn't move for (Much) less money than he was getting last year with us.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm

paulstreet wrote:My thoughts exactly. Don't understand this at all: Ellington, for example, is one of the best strikers in the league, must be earning a decent wage, and Matty Young presumably didn't move for (Much) less money than he was getting last year with us.

Also, We are not the only club in this league battling with finances so there must be some other reason why we are getting crushed by the rest of the league?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Now I wonder what that reason could be? Let me think....
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

The Farsley story is not over yet.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 am

sulphurite wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:It is sad, but times change. In my opinion, for the worse most definitely but that couldnt be helped either due to financial constraints.

The very same financial constraints that Farsley have had, if not worse than ours, so how does that work, when they can still retain and sign class players whilst on the verge of going under?
    ***** Laughing COME ON TOWN Laughing *****

Look, we could go on about this all day, but you would need to ask the Chairman about the finances, but you are right with Farsley.

The issue is, with the revolving door that is WR, we have the squad, but the manager is not experienced enough. Its simple as that, we should have got a more experienced manager in, and if we had, I do believe it would be a different story.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:37 am

It does look though as though SW will be staying regardless of the results, for reasons it seems we now all now know about.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 am

The only reason he is staying as the Chairman cant afford to lose the financial backing of Weavers' dad. It is that simple.

But if we dont improve by Xmas, Fotherby may have to bite the bullet and put his hand in his pocket to get rid of the both of them.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:17 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:The only reason he is staying as the Chairman cant afford to lose the financial backing of Weavers' dad. It is that simple.

Where did you actually get this from? Its gone from a rumour on the other forum to suddenly being absolute fact on a lot of peoples posts.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:15 pm

If someone would like to alter my opinion, then lets discuss it, until then. I didnt ask people to make it an absolute fact, and if they have chosen to listen to my opinion, then that is their choice. That is my 'opinion'
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:19 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:If someone would like to alter my opinion, then lets discuss it, until then. I didnt ask people to make it an absolute fact, and if they have chosen to listen to my opinion, then that is their choice. That is my 'opinion'

Until then what?? But you are speaking that is absolute fact, not saying 'in my oppinion its Simon's dads money thats keeping him in', your saying the reason he is still there is because of his dad's money. Thats not an opinion. And again where did you/anyone else get this gem of information from?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 pm

TheTown wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:If someone would like to alter my opinion, then lets discuss it, until then. I didnt ask people to make it an absolute fact, and if they have chosen to listen to my opinion, then that is their choice. That is my 'opinion'

Until then what?? But you are speaking that is absolute fact, not saying 'in my oppinion its Simon's dads money thats keeping him in', your saying the reason he is still there is because of his dad's money. Thats not an opinion. And again where did you/anyone else get this gem of information from?

If it has come across as 'absolute fact', then that was not meant to be the case. It is my opinion.
    And 'in my opinion, its Simon's dads money thats keeping him in'.

Unless you know better.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 am

TheNeil29 wrote:
    TheTown wrote:

If it has come across as 'absolute fact', then that was not meant to be the case. It is my opinion.
    And 'in my opinion, its Simon's dads money thats keeping him in'.

Unless you know better.

No I dont know any better, but neither have I claimed to know. I just think it is unfair to do what you were doing and claim this bit of information as fact as you were before. And again for the third time I ask, where did you get this gem of information from?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Well, its a forum, so I will say what I want, and I have a reliable source who informed me of this, and it would be unfair to disclose who that person is.

If you think its unfair, then so be it. I know what I have been informed of and it is as simple as that.

Whether you choose to believe or not, its up to you.

Thread closed for me.
    shaymenfan

Post by shaymenfan Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Hedgey came on as a subsitute for England C as they beat Poland U23 2-1
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:25 pm

The progress he is making, it wouldnt surprise me if he is soon playing in the football league.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am