Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Stuart Fountain RIP

Martin L

Stuart Fountain RIP Empty Stuart Fountain RIP

Post by Martin L Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Sad news today. I knew Stuart was in St Michaels Hospicel recently and his passing away is sad for fans that knew him. I have fond memories of watching this giant of a man. He was a great keeper for Town and a thoroughly decent man.

He will missed by the Harrogate football community. Both Town and Railway fans had a lot of nice things to say about him.

Thank you Stuart not only for your performances and loyalty but also your support as a fan at Wetherby Road.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

Thank you for the memories.

RIP.

Martin
    Innocent Bystander

Stuart Fountain RIP Empty Re: Stuart Fountain RIP

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:11 pm

I would like to add to Martin's wonderful post - Stuart was in goal for my first ever town match (v Hyde United in the FA Trophy in September 1975) and I have many memories of his superb shot-stopping in many Yorkshire League games at Wetherby Road. He was a Harrogate footballer through and through and I am sure the club will find a suitable way of honouring one of Town's special players. RIP Stuart.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Very sad news, i knew Stuart many years ago i worked with his mother at the old Robert Hirst raincoat factory at Oatlands in fact he played a few games for the factory team, a very nice guy, enjoyed watching him at Town RIP
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:29 am

This is extremely sad news. A wonderful man, Town hero, stalwart, and big town fan. He helped a lot of people both on and off the pitch.

He helped a close relative of mine with his accountancy skills, not to profit, but because he cared and was a generally good guy. Really sad news. We must remember him. Safe journey Stuart, we won't forget you.

A true Town and Harrogate hero, and a very brave one at that.
    mikecouch

Post by mikecouch Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:48 pm

I played in the same team as Stuart in the 1970s,the word legend is used too easily,Stuart Fountain is a Harrogate Town Legend Rip Stuart

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:03 am

Very moving, moment of silence at the beginning of the game. RIP Stuart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm