Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards?

Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards? Empty Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards?

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 am

Disgusting scenes at last night game with Colwyn Bay saw 30 of their fans jump 2 of our lads, resulting in stitches for one of them when a drum was used as a weapon. If the appalling chants about attacking our daughters, wifes and sisters wasnt bad enough, being left at the mercy of a vicious hooligan gang by the stewards was one of the worse displays of violence I have seen on a away trip. I personally had to rush my son away from what we all saw was coming, and he was visibly shaken after. I went to the match with my son as its his birthday at the weekend, and this was a little treat for him, believing him to be safe, travelling away, you trust the stewards to look after us, and more so, you expect some friendly banter but a welcome from the home support too. Not abuse so disgusting that I questioned taking my son to away games in the future.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards? Empty Re: Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards?

Post by trevdee on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Yeah you did right Craig, I would have done the same.....Apart from a headache don't want to say any more about this on the forum because it is an official criminal investigation!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards? Empty Re: Appalling Colwyn Bay fans and where was the stewards?

Post by trevdee on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:06 pm

And Craig for what it is worth, I have been to practically every ground in this league and always felt welcomed everywhere....Please don't let this affect your future travel, it really was an isolated case, never ever have I feel threatened anywhere else.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:15 pm

trevdee wrote:And Craig for what it is worth, I have been to practically every ground in this league and always felt welcomed everywhere....Please don't let this affect your future travel, it really was an isolated case, never ever have I feel threatened anywhere else.

Callum said he thinks you are the funniest person ever, he couldnt stop laughing at you. Thankyou for making him smile alot. I love Histon and Brackley, and I won't let Colwyn Bay spoil it, you are right! Big up to Jordan too for the drive down! brilliant.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 pm

One thing I would say Craig, is that this was a one off incident which I am sure will not be replicated at any other ground in the league. When speaking with the police, it sounds as though that this is something which happens far too often at Colwyn Bay and something needs to be addressed.

The songs I can accept, even the fact that we got set upon I get accept, what I cannot accept is that these idiots were just left to do what they wanted at full time. They were obviously looking for trouble and for them to be able to just walked behind the 10 or so Town fans, launching abuse, and then wielding punches (and drums) is not on. At the end of the first half, there were at least three stewards and two police following them through the ground, where the hell were they at the end?

I hope that you got home ok and a nice little treat for Callum to get a lift home from one off the player's dads.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 pm

JordanF wrote:One thing I would say Craig, is that this was a one off incident which I am sure will not be replicated at any other ground in the league. When speaking with the police, it sounds as though that this is something which happens far too often at Colwyn Bay and something needs to be addressed.

The songs I can accept, even the fact that we got set upon I get accept, what I cannot accept is that these idiots were just left to do what they wanted at full time. They were obviously looking for trouble and for them to be able to just walked behind the 10 or so Town fans, launching abuse, and then wielding punches (and drums) is not on. At the end of the first half, there were at least three stewards and two police following them through the ground, where the hell were they at the end?

I hope that you got home ok and a nice little treat for Callum to get a lift home from one off the player's dads.

Sorry to dash and run with Callum, as you know, I couldn't let him see what I saw was about to happen. He loved the drive down with you and Trev just as much as the drive home with the players Dad. He got to meet and chat with the players after the game on the Coach before we set off, even though they lost, they still had time and smiles for Callum, a great Club and team! Thankyou Jordan for arranging us a lift home!

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:11 pm

Sorry to hear that Craig.

What scumbag cowards. Sounds like a bunch of wannabe hooligans – were they youngish?

Well they can feck off if they think they will get a warm welcome when they come to ours. Yes there won’t be bother but any of their fans will be fair game to be told that a large bunch of morons
    support them.

Used to get bother when I have been over to Wrexham – must be a north wales thing.

Might be worth seeing if any of them dare show up to the home game – would definitely point them out to our stewards and in the meantime formal complaint to Colwyn Bay and insist that they involve the police in the matter.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Yeah they were ranging from 16-21ish.......The thing is we rise above that rubbish at Harrogate and if I did clap eyes on the chappy, I would personally detain him until the police arrived, I doubt that any of them will turn up. Tad and the guys are doing their bit with Colwyn Bay and the police have taken a statement already. Still waiting for my phone call from a Colwyn bay official!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Appalling stuff. I hope everybody is ok.

JordanF wrote: When speaking with the police, it sounds as though that this is something which happens far too often at Colwyn Bay and something needs to be addressed.
    Shocking, you would think at this level that once would be enough and the trouble makers would be banned. I mean it's not like they'd be hard to spot.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Just had a chat with one of Colwyns directors, nice guy and they are livid about what happened last night...I guess like every incident, this is a massive learning curve for them and they are keen to put right, they pride themselves on been, or are trying to become a family club so stamping this sort of stuff out is very high on their agenda....Anyway someone has been identified, banned form the club for life and is currently awaiting a police visit, so good work on their part.
    Malcom Marshall

Post by Malcom Marshall on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 pm

trevdee wrote:Just had a chat with one of Colwyns directors, nice guy and they are livid about what happened last night...I guess like every incident, this is a massive learning curve for them and they are keen to put right, they pride themselves on been, or are trying to become a family club so stamping this sort of stuff out is very high on their agenda....Anyway someone has been identified, banned form the club for life and is currently awaiting a police visit, so good work on their part.

it would be good if Colwyn could confirm he has been banned for life and stick to it! a few seasons ago we got a bit of trouble at Stafford Rangers, ( for those who dont know we played them on the last sat of the season and needed to win to reach the play-offs where we would be play Stafford again the following tuesday night) a couple of idiots decided to come over cause trouble and even set fire to our flags, they were kicked out and we were told they had been banned for life, but guess who was in the ground hurling abuse causing trouble on the Tuesday? the same people.

Ive been to Colwyn a couple of times and had nothing but good things to say about the club, as for when they visit us, we shouldn't even mention the event and rise above it, as any of there fans who come will be genuine Colwyn fans, i bet the few idiots which caused trouble last night couldn't even telll you anything about the club just go to play fools!
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Shocking. Totally unacceptable. Hope all are recovering.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:17 pm