Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
j2021
TheTown
6 posters

Football Manager 2010

TheTown
    TheTown

Football Manager 2010 Empty Football Manager 2010

Post by TheTown Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 pm

Just a little section for any FM players who are counting down till the 30th October to spend hours of our lives locked away getting Town into the Premiership. Im the FM researcher for Town so I thought I'd start a thread here where you can post any problems you think are wrong with the demo, or you think could be changed for the patch or add on and looking further ahead to FM2011.

Firstly a request PLEASE don't post transfers on here. I keep FM up to date on all Town's transfers and tell them, and if you read below they are sorting out some of the problems, but many of the recent transfer activity will not be logged as it has come to late for the game release. I, along with you, am hoping that they release a patch with the updates.

PROBLEMS LOGGED ALREADY
    - Curtis Woodhouse missing - This has been logged, and is a bug error as some other players have also for some reason been left out of the squads.
    - Matt Unwin as a Player, not a Physio - I did log him as the Physio, again seems to have been a bug, hopefully will be resurrected for the game.
    - Dave McTiernan playing on the left - I didn't know he could play there until the Droylsden game, will be added to his positions, may not make it for the game.
    - Rory Prendergast at Town - to be fair this is my fault, and was added last minute to the database after articles like this seem to confirm it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I should have waited for an official announcement but it was as the final database was being calculated
    - Luke Durham not having AML as a position - this was my call but I had never seen him play there in preseason so left him as a right midfielder. This has been added to his positions though now.
    - Jon Maloney not having CB as higher rating - obviously I know before he went to the states he was a CB but I thought after being converted to a ST, his height, his build, he would not make a great CB in the conference north and is probably one of reasons didn't make it in football first time.

Any feedback on the demo and when the game comes out keep me informed of your views and opinions, and also thoughts you think where the game could improve, and I will pass on the good points to the researcher at SI games.
    j2021

Football Manager 2010 Empty Re: Football Manager 2010

Post by j2021 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:52 am

So will these chancges be solved for the release of football manager or will we have to wait for the 1st patch update ???
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 pm

I think it will all come into effect with the first update, I cant see the problems being resolved now, as the release date is only 2 weeks away.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 pm

j2021 wrote:So will these chancges be solved for the release of football manager or will we have to wait for the 1st patch update ???

See above for what I wrote about the changes. All the recent transfer activity will not be in as it was too late for the database so Kevin Sharp will still be assistant manager, Sturdy and Scott will still be in squad. As I said read above, some stuff like bugs (such as Curtis not being included) will be solved and included in the full release.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Will this game be availbale in the club shop???? Smile On the day of release??? Very Happy And how much will it be ????
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm

I've already pre-ordered mine from play.com - only £30!!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Any one have any idea if it has arrived in the club shop yet ??? Got loads of people wanting to buy it. Cos its normally only a tenner there Very Happy

I alreadt bought in for 30 quid, quality game as well altho im strugglign with harrogate town in 18th place Sad A lot better than last years fm for definate!!!!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Yeah ive got it, its pretty sound. I was Harrogate played about 10 games and was 9th, but just couldnt be bothered so moved onto Leeds.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:50 pm

yep i started off really well with harrogate was top after 5 games but then slowly started dropping down the league Sad I am also with leeds didnt have the greatest start to the season lost 6 games in a row but have turned it arounf now and am top by 3 points Very Happy beckford is klass !!!!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm buying it on Wednesday!! well excited!! for useful hints and tips, use the following URL:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

study
    superman99

Post by superman99 Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 pm

finally decided to sign up......i am not a hardcore fan (don't get to away games), but i enjoy poping down to the ground whenever i get a free Saturday and the wife doesn't mind, and i keep up to date with the news on the forum....

anyway....Leabon and Ratchford, two new signings i have yet to see (looking forward to having a gander at them both)...Leabon has been about a bit and is on loan from Histon, good to see him scoring and ive been told hes like lightning which we definately needed!...what was his goal like against Gainsborough?

The new keeper... i noticed a few people are confused about where he came from...i can clear that up two weeks back he was turning out for Guiseley! According to my brother who is a hard-core Guisely man, he is an excellent signing and he is a little bewildered they let him move on so easily! Apparently whenever he played he was brilliant but he has been injured for a big chunk of the start of this season...Guiseley programme reads his past clubs are as follows: Manchester United, Crewe, Stoke - Guiseley...he is also apparently England Universities first choice...maybe a good bit of buisiness from Weaver? Looks to have steadied the ship anyway last two games....

How have the team actually played in the last two games? its ok reading the very basic match reports but do we look like we can keep it up and maybe have a bit of hope for the rest of the season?

Finally with regards to football manager...will the new signings be on the patch they bring out?
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Yes they will be. But the loan players wont be as they are usually only short term loans, for example look at the Aaron Jameson loan and so you cant plan which are short term, but their appearences will be recorded. So Ratchford and the rest of the confirmed transfers will be on the patch but loans wont.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm

What happend to the player pictures? theyve been on for last 3 years and not this one? Not saying its a big deal just wondered?
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:52 am

Im not sure myself to be honest. In previous years they have just taken them directly from the town website, but for most of the BSN and BSS they dont seem to have done it. I will ask for you and get back see into the reasons why.
    superman99

Post by superman99 Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:22 pm

I see when is the patch going to be released?I don't know whether or not to invest....I seem to get addicted to it every time!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 pm

I don't know why the pictures were not used, I sumitted them as asked by the club but they did not make them into the game!

Patch is released in Jan 10!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:23 am