Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Clayton back

rangerider
    rangerider

Clayton back Empty Clayton back

Post by rangerider Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Clayton back Empty Re: Clayton back

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 pm

We need a Striker, not a ****** midfielder.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Or Nathan Cartman to be given a chance. Just as long as he drops Hall.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 am

Nothing against Dan who is a decent enough player, but not the most exciting signing of all time...and till the end of next season as well. To be fair this season (WRCC excepted!) is probably gone...we are now 8 points off the top 5, albeit with a game in hand. I havn't counted up but we do seem to have a rather bloated squad if you include the loanees.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:45 am

26 players listed on the website. Franks is presumably out for the season, and it includes Sam Jones who hasn't appeared at the CNG since the friendlies, but even so, there are a lot of players to keep happy.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 pm

TheNeil29 wrote: Just as long as he drops Hall.
    Haha! So you're siding with Ed White this week then? Make your mind up.

I said on here after about 7 games Hall would lose interest in playing for this team. It's not his fault. Nor was it Tommy Wright's fault. Or Ashley Worsfold. Or Liam Hardy. Or loan signing A. Or Loan signing B. Or Loan signing C etc etc...

I know generally people are slower on the uptake these days but I do wonder when the penny will actually drop with some folk. Middle of next season? End of next season? 2016? When we're all travelling to matches in our flying DeLoreans?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:36 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

I said on here after about 7 games Hall would lose interest in playing for this team. It's not his fault. Nor was it Tommy Wright's fault. Or Ashley Worsfold. Or Liam Hardy. Or loan signing A. Or Loan signing B. Or Loan signing C etc etc...

I know generally people are slower on the uptake these days but I do wonder when the penny will actually drop with some folk. Middle of next season? End of next season? 2016? When we're all travelling to matches in our flying DeLoreans?

Its not about backing Ed White. Some of the points he made about Chris were valid, the part I didnt like is where he was blaming him for the squad not performing and mentioning a wage.

It has become increasingly apparent that Chris Hall, although I cant doubt his effort when I have watched him (apart from Ossett), is no longer up to the task and in my opinion should not be retained at the end of the season. Apart from Jamaal Smith, none of the other loanees have really done the business.

The only striker I believe that should be retained is Worsfold, and even then if we sign 2 strong calibre strikers, will he be happy being a back up?

The rest of the squad is there in my opinion and maybe 1 more Central Defender. Its just the Strikeforce that needs addressing. We get that addressed, and we are there.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

penny dropped some time ago as far as i'm concerned. Give a more deserving and capabale indivudual an opportunity rather than the undeserving, incompetent fool we have at present.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

town supporter wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

penny dropped some time ago as far as i'm concerned.  Give a more deserving and capabale indivudual an opportunity rather than the undeserving, incompetent fool we have at present.  

But we all know that whilst the father of the, as so eloquently put 'undeserving, incompetent fool' is in charge, his son will be. I would like things to be a lot different, I would, but we cant deny how much Weaver Sr has done for the club.

In an ideal world, I would rather the Weavers not be in situ, and have a Chairman who is impartial, but it is what it is. I will always support Town, even if i'm not happy with the current set-up. I cant do anything about it, so it's pointless worrying about it.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:08 pm

I see no point in side stepping around the main issue which is quite clearly the person in charge. I've grown tired reading far too much emphasis placed on rectifying team selection and formations. Plenty of better managers out there who I'm sure could deliver immediate improvement on the same budget and with the same personnel. I think we all acknowlede the work irving has done but I don't feel the need to qualify every statement I make with glowing reference to everything he's done.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:15 pm

town supporter wrote:I see no point in side stepping around the main issue which is quite clearly the person in charge. I've grown tired reading far too much emphasis placed on rectifying team selection and formations. Plenty of better managers out there who I'm sure could deliver immediate improvement on the same budget and with the same personnel.  I think we all acknowlede the work irving has done but I don't feel the need to qualify every statement I make with glowing reference to everything he's done.

Another thread switched successfully off the topic.

S.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Yes he is.

S.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:08 pm

So is he good enough or not? Sign, release, sign again, offer 2 year contract!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Thought he played pretty well today as we beat 2nd 3-1.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Great cross that led to the first goal.

S.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Ferriby fans said they were gutted to see him go and thought that they were meant to be the club with high aspirations. That says it all! A Harrogate lad to boot, great to have him back permanently.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:33 pm

town supporter wrote:So is he good enough or not?  Sign,  release, sign again, offer 2 year contract!

or signs has a poor attitude is told to go find football, comes back signs on 2 season deal and by all accounts improvement in attitude and commitment. Well done town for keeping good links with the player
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 am

Sounds right Gareth. I said I wasn't wildly excited by the signing, but he was excellent on Saturday, his run and cross for the first goal was, in my opinion, brilliant. Did a lot of other good things as well. Always happy to be proved wrong!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 pm