Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Song to stir the team and fans

    avatar
    Ball and Socket

    Posts : 280
    Join date : 2010-10-11

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Ball and Socket on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:14 pm

    What do you think about adopting the new song by The Wanted "Tonight We Own The Night"? Its got a good beat, positive lyrics and I believe would lift the team and the crowd before a home match. Have a listen to it on You Tube and put your thoughts on the Forum. Perhaps Ged can ask Simon and the players to play it in the changing room before a match and it can be played over the tannoy system as the teams come out. Worth a try????:cheers cheers cheers 
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

    Posts : 405
    Join date : 2011-09-05
    Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:13 pm

    NO, NO and THRICE NO.

    I've said to anyone who would listen that if I ever hear "We are young" again, I'll throw up.  This song is along the same lines - ie a "Happy, Clappy lets get the kiddies buying a record" track.  They'd do better to come out to this one (shame I can't find the original video):-

    The Not Wanted

    But we've debated this before on here and my vote for a motivational song is definitely this one:-

    This is what's wanted
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Dark Knight on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm

    Dan_Gleebitz wrote:

    But we've debated this before on here and my vote for a motivational song is definitely this one:-

    This is what's wanted
    I prefer It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll) if I'm being honest  Cool 

    Actually the tunes have been quite decent thus far this season. Who does the playlist? And do they take requests?


    Last edited by Dark Knight on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:28 pm

    I have always thought thought that Republica - Ready to go is a great song for football. Would love that song to be played when the teams come out. Talking of songs, how about,

    E-I-E-I-E-I-O
    Up the football leagues we go
    When we get promoted
    This what we'll sing
    We are Town
    We are Town
    Weaver is our king
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

    Posts : 496
    Join date : 2012-10-27
    Age : 23
    Location : Harrogate (Born and family from NZ)

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by nztownfan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm

    i love this song to walk out too... Sunderland had it at one point, proper class

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by gedmaloney on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:25 pm

    JordanF wrote:I have always thought thought that Republica - Ready to go is a great song for football. Would love that song to be played when the teams come out. Talking of songs, how about,

    E-I-E-I-E-I-O
    Up the football leagues we go
    When we get promoted
    This what we'll sing
    We are Town
    We are Town
    Weaver is our king
    Lyrics courtesy of TS:D affraid 
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 pm

    Thunderstruck - AC DC

    End of thread.

    S.
    rangerider
    rangerider

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 73
    Location : harrogate

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by rangerider on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:26 am

    it don't matter what you play it will still sound crap from them tinny speakers at the CNG and the music that has been suggested here is pants, this is the only one i have liked at football grounds apart from you'll never walk alone

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Dark Knight on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:55 am

    JordanF wrote:I have always thought thought that Republica - Ready to go is a great song for football.  
    I'm afraid for me, all that song conjures up is Sky TV,  generic Championship and Premier League yoyo clubs and everything that is wrong with modern football.

    What we want is less imitation and more innovation. I'm sure we can be more imaginative than that.

    nztownfan wrote:i love this song to walk out too... Sunderland had it at one point, proper class

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    If we're going to copy someone let's not copy some football non entity like Sunderland.

    How's about a bit 'o Barca/Jackie Wilson?

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    slicker wrote:Thunderstruck - AC DC

    End of thread.

    S.
    I dig your style  *applauds loudly*  Cool

    rangerider wrote:it don't matter what you play it will still sound crap from them tinny speakers at the CNG and the music that has been suggested here is pants, this is the only one i have liked at football grounds apart from you'll never walk alone

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Good grief. You raised your game with the classy YNWA then I'm afraid let yourself down really badly with a load of Tim Lovejoy/Chelsea/Soccer AM/Cockney tripe. How can you even mention those two in the same breath? affraid  Wash your mouth out!!!   jocolor
    avatar
    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by gedmaloney on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 am

    Gladiator opening score:affraid: affraid affraid 
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

    Posts : 496
    Join date : 2012-10-27
    Age : 23
    Location : Harrogate (Born and family from NZ)

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by nztownfan on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:58 am

    Dark Knight wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:i love this song to walk out too... Sunderland had it at one point, proper class

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    If we're going to copy someone let's not copy some football non entity like Sunderland.
    We arnt talking about copying football styles we are talking about music.... and even if we were talking about football style Sunderland's this season is much better then Harrogates long ball we saw last season and during pre season/ parts of stockport.... and there entrance music is by far the best in the premier league...

    JordanF wrote:I have always thought thought that Republica - Ready to go is a great song for football. Would love that song to be played when the teams come out.
    Sunderland use that one!

    We have arguably the most stiring walk out music in football with Dance of the Knights (seriously to anyone who hasnt heard it its class to whip up the crowd) ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] followed by RTG Very Happy
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Dark Knight on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 pm

    nztownfan wrote:
    We arnt talking about copying football styles we are talking about music....
    But they don't have any musical style either. In fact they don't have any style full stop. Unless you own a Tardis and can go back to 1973.

    nztownfan wrote:

    We have arguably the most stiring walk out music in football with Dance of the Knights (seriously to anyone who hasnt heard it its class to whip up the crowd) ...
    It's turgid. Atmosphere at Sunderland...lol! 
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

    Posts : 496
    Join date : 2012-10-27
    Age : 23
    Location : Harrogate (Born and family from NZ)

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by nztownfan on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

    Dark Knight wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:
    We arnt talking about copying football styles we are talking about music....
    But they don't have any musical style either. In fact they don't have any style full stop. Unless you own a Tardis and can go back to 1973.

    nztownfan wrote:

    We have arguably the most stiring walk out music in football with Dance of the Knights (seriously to anyone who hasnt heard it its class to whip up the crowd) ...
    It's turgid. Atmosphere at Sunderland...lol! 
    Mag or Boro?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Dark Knight on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:27 pm

    nztownfan wrote:
    Mag or Boro?
    Laughing  Neither. On here I'm Town.

    The point is let's try and be original. Why would we want to associate ourselves with ANY other club? You've got to be careful when selecting a club anthem or associating yourself with something. You can strike gold like Liverpool and Celtic with an anthem that is powerful, poignant and resonates deeply with the fanbase like YNWA or you can end up lumbered with the theme from Z Cars or Is This The Way To Amarillo by Tony Christie silent 

    Remember when all these Nationwide clubs started playing Tom Hark after each goal? Once one did it they all did it. Small time behaviour. What a Face 
    rangerider
    rangerider

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 73
    Location : harrogate

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by rangerider on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:14 pm

    Dark Knight wrote:
    JordanF wrote:I have always thought thought that Republica - Ready to go is a great song for football.  
    I'm afraid for me, all that song conjures up is Sky TV,  generic Championship and Premier League yoyo clubs and everything that is wrong with modern football.

    What we want is less imitation and more innovation. I'm sure we can be more imaginative than that.

    nztownfan wrote:i love this song to walk out too... Sunderland had it at one point, proper class

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    If we're going to copy someone let's not copy some football non entity like Sunderland.

    How's about a bit 'o Barca/Jackie Wilson?


    Chelsea nicked this one off wolves

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    slicker wrote:Thunderstruck - AC DC

    End of thread.

    S.
    I dig your style  *applauds loudly*  Cool

    rangerider wrote:it don't matter what you play it will still sound crap from them tinny speakers at the CNG and the music that has been suggested here is pants, this is the only one i have liked at football grounds apart from you'll never walk alone

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Good grief. You raised your game with the classy YNWA then I'm afraid let yourself down really badly with a load of Tim Lovejoy/Chelsea/Soccer AM/Cockney tripe. How can you even mention those two in the same breath? affraid  Wash your mouth out!!!   jocolor

    Chelsea nicked that song from Wolves the midlands had ska the north had northern soul the south had Chas and Dave and no class lol! 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Dark Knight on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:30 pm

    rangerider wrote:

    Chelsea nicked that song from Wolves  the midlands had ska the north had northern soul the south had Chas and Dave  and no class  lol! 
    Doesn't surprise me that. Best they can do on a big European night is wave a load of cheap plastic flags!

    Dunno who does the playlist but I think the music's not too shabby at the moment. It was good to hear some support from behind the goal today too.
    @JamesFozard
    @JamesFozard

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2014-09-14
    Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by @JamesFozard on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:57 am

    Hi everyone. I know this topic has been covered before, but it really is time that we had a club song. We now have our very own kop stand, so we also need our own tune to rival 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. What could be better than 'Black and Yellow' by Wiz Khalifa? Check out the video below - I have selected one without explicit lyrics to ensure that the song is suitable for a family audience. What do you think?!

    avatar
    Top Cat

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2015-07-14

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Top Cat on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 am

    No
    avatar
    Top Cat

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2015-07-14

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Top Cat on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 am

    White stripes 7 nation army as the players walk out of the tunnel would be fine
    avatar
    Tommyb123

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2016-01-24

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Tommyb123 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:34 pm

    Apparently it's sorted. It's fanfare of the common man straight into spitfire by the prodigy ??
    avatar
    boselecta

    Posts : 202
    Join date : 2015-05-25

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by boselecta on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:34 pm

    Dick Dale and his Del Tones -Miserlou (Pulp Fiction)..Classic Wink Wink Wink Wink
    avatar
    HarrogateJack69

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2016-03-05

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by HarrogateJack69 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 am

    WHAT ABOUT
    EEEEI
    EEEEI
    EEEEIO
    UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO
    WHEN WE WIN PROMOTION THIS IS WHAT WE'LL SING
    WE ARE **** WE ARE **** AND WE EAT DICKS

    Sponsored content

    Song to stir the team and fans Empty Re: Song to stir the team and fans

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:59 pm