Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    guiseley sack their manager

    avatar
    Innocent Bystander

    Posts : 707
    Join date : 2011-07-31

    guiseley sack their manager Empty guiseley sack their manager

    Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:17 pm

    after a slow start to the season .....
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

    Posts : 60
    Join date : 2009-06-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Harrogate

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by Up The Town on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Link to Guiseley website regarding this
    rangerider
    rangerider

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 73
    Location : harrogate

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by rangerider on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm

    Thats what happens when you transfer your best striker to the league leaders
    avatar
    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2368
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:36 am

    Well, hes only got himself to blame. Its a results business, and when you sell your best players, and dont replace them with the same quality, results will suffer.

    Our club is a bit of a different scenario though with father and son in tandem. Its a difficult one, because if we do well and go up a couple of divisions, Simon will go to a bigger club, and Irving and his money will go with him, leaving us in the s**t. And i really hope that wouldnt be the case.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by Dark Knight on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:17 am

    TheNeil29 wrote: Its a difficult one, because if we do well and go up a couple of divisions, Simon will go to a bigger club, and Irving and his money will go with him, leaving us in the s**t. And i really hope that wouldnt be the case.
    Up two divisions? I'd take that ride no matter what the long term costs Cool 

    To be honest that's the price of success for everyone bar the top 10 clubs in world football. You just have to enjoy it while it lasts.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:16 pm

    I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess. The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.
    avatar
    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2368
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm

    town supporter wrote:I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess.   The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.    
    I do fully agree with your point, but I just hope that if the day ever comes, we get the right person in.

    If I win the Euromillions, I will buy them and you can be chairman!! Lol!!
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:50 pm

    TheNeil29 wrote:
    town supporter wrote:I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess.   The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.    
    I do fully agree with your point, but I just hope that if the day ever comes, we get the right person in.

    If I win the Euromillions, I will buy them and you can be chairman!! Lol!!
    sounds good, although i'd probably be a fairly useless at it as I doubt I'd be able to hold back from getting involved in team selection, etc!
    avatar
    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2368
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

    town supporter wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:
    town supporter wrote:I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess.   The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.    
    I do fully agree with your point, but I just hope that if the day ever comes, we get the right person in.

    If I win the Euromillions, I will buy them and you can be chairman!! Lol!!
    sounds good, although i'd probably be a fairly useless at it as I doubt I'd be able to hold back from getting involved in team selection, etc!
    I've more chance of Irving sacking Simon, than winning the Euromillions anyway!!Razz 

    Sponsored content

    guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:41 pm