Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

guiseley sack their manager

Innocent Bystander

guiseley sack their manager Empty guiseley sack their manager

Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:17 pm

after a slow start to the season .....
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

guiseley sack their manager Empty Re: guiseley sack their manager

Post by Up The Town on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Link to Guiseley website regarding this
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Thats what happens when you transfer your best striker to the league leaders
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:36 am

Well, hes only got himself to blame. Its a results business, and when you sell your best players, and dont replace them with the same quality, results will suffer.

Our club is a bit of a different scenario though with father and son in tandem. Its a difficult one, because if we do well and go up a couple of divisions, Simon will go to a bigger club, and Irving and his money will go with him, leaving us in the s**t. And i really hope that wouldnt be the case.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:17 am

TheNeil29 wrote: Its a difficult one, because if we do well and go up a couple of divisions, Simon will go to a bigger club, and Irving and his money will go with him, leaving us in the s**t. And i really hope that wouldnt be the case.
    Up two divisions? I'd take that ride no matter what the long term costs Cool 

To be honest that's the price of success for everyone bar the top 10 clubs in world football. You just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:16 pm

I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess. The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm

town supporter wrote:I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess.   The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.    
    I do fully agree with your point, but I just hope that if the day ever comes, we get the right person in.

If I win the Euromillions, I will buy them and you can be chairman!! Lol!!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:50 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    town supporter wrote:I genuinely believe that Irving has far too much about him to leave the club in a financial mess.   The significant investment around the ground, development of community links and with schools, etc, means that even when the time does come for him to move on/aside for whatever reason, the club is a far more appealing prospect to potential investors, etc, compared to when he assumed ownership.    
    I do fully agree with your point, but I just hope that if the day ever comes, we get the right person in.

sounds good, although i'd probably be a fairly useless at it as I doubt I'd be able to hold back from getting involved in team selection, etc!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

town supporter wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:

sounds good, although i'd probably be a fairly useless at it as I doubt I'd be able to hold back from getting involved in team selection, etc!
    I've more chance of Irving sacking Simon, than winning the Euromillions anyway!!Razz 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:41 pm