Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

New teams next season

rangerider
    rangerider

New teams next season Empty New teams next season

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm

looks like we will be playing Stockport County and Barrow next season all ex league clubs affraid
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

New teams next season Empty Re: New teams next season

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 am

Definitely WIll be playing them: Harrogate Town v Stockport County eh? Who'd have thunk it! Who needs promotion anyway with games like that to look forward to.
    Do people have thoughts about who they would like to see in our league next season? I thinh Guiseleydeserve promotion, but I hope Brackley get it: selfish reason, I want as many local teams in our league as possible. As for the Evo-Stik, hope North Ferriby make it: easy to get to and a lovely little ground,and, OF COURSE[u], FC United...this yer finally guys please!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 am

According to the NPL Liam Watson is set to become AFC Telford manager next season, probably the best non-league manager in the north of England, did wonders with Southport.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm surprised he has dropped a league, but there again, Telford is a pretty big club, facilities/ground and stadium wise.
    htown

Post by htown Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:56 pm

I think Stockport will do a Chester next season with possibly an even greater fan base so i think it will be tough for anyone to challenge them.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am

I think you are right. Either that or they will go into freefall, can't see them being mid-table somehow. Interesting that Liam Watson has given up his day job and will now manage full time, even tho' Telford will be part time. Its gonna be tough next season: Stockport, Telford, Barrow, either Halifax or Guiseley (they can't both go up!). I guess the summer signings will give us a good idea as to how serious Irving is about really going for promotion next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm