Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
V'
rangerider
6 posters

Town v Halifax

rangerider
    rangerider

Town v Halifax Empty Town v Halifax

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:40 pm

1-0 up to us is it to little to late? Boulder penalty
    V'
    V'

Town v Halifax Empty Re: Town v Halifax

Post by V' Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

No Craig in goal, is this just to let Veiga have a run out?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 pm

We started well, looking sharp and went in at half time deserving the lead. Second half with the wind at their backs and driving rain in our faces they were better.

Pity Bolder had to go off so early, Woods showed his class in bursts. Fair result in the end.

S.
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 pm

slicker wrote:We started well, looking sharp and went in at half time deserving the lead. Second half with the wind at their backs and driving rain in our faces they were better.

Pity Bolder had to go off so early, Woods showed his class in bursts. Fair result in the end.

S.
    lol!

So your first half had nought to do with having the wind on your backs but our second half did? lol!

Wind was a factor but the fact is we were twice as good in second half as you'd been in first. Lets not get started on the "penalty" either. Never mind, glad you enjoyed your cup final, we'll never play you again. #goingupthistime #goingupthistime #goingupthistime
    lol!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Wind was a factor but the fact is we were twice as good in second half as you'd been in first. Lets not get started on the "penalty" either. Never mind, glad you enjoyed your cup final, we'll never play you again. #goingupthistime #goingupthistime #goingupthistime

if you where twice as good as us in the second half why could you only score one goal? think about it lol!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 am

posted on the Halifax forum from a guy called flea

Members

2,497 posts

Posted Today, 10:35 PM

Tonight's game was such a shame for the advert of non league football, and a pity for the fans, the players and the sponsors.

What should have been one of the stand out fixtures to the end of the season against two quality teams was in the end a battle of energy between two teams full of injuries and players who were knackered. I'm not going to knock a single player of either side tonight, as the effort was there, its just a shame for everyone involved that tonight has come on the back of a farcical fixture backlog for both teams - something that killed the game as a spectacle.

What tonight was was a game full of battle, effort and guts. A fantastic point earned in the end, which has all but put us in the playoffs.

No complaints on their pen, it was a handball. A fantastic save by Glennon first half stopped Harrogate going 2 up, then their keeper did well to get a hand on a Gardner effort to tip it over the bar. We pushed them all in the second half, but truth be told neither side made many decent chances. Bolton hit a weak shot which somehow the Keeper managed to Tiabi into his own net. I don't think anyone from either side could complain about a draw at FT.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am

BTTF wrote:
    slicker wrote:We started well, looking sharp and went in at half time deserving the lead. Second half with the wind at their backs and driving rain in our faces they were better.

S.
    lol!

So your first half had nought to do with having the wind on your backs but our second half did? lol!

lol!

Blimey a post that doesn't use the word Tinpot. Mind you you've had to borrow other peoples words to expand your vocabulary.

I'm afraid not even Doctor Who can get you lot Back To The Future.

Ta Ta until next season.

S.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 am

Please could we ignore this BTTF chap. Apart from the fact his posts are incredibly predictable and boring he's also clearly unstable and needs help.

Much obliged,

Town supporter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:13 am

I was very impressed with the performance last night, especially after the team announcements. There were 1/2 surprises in there. In the first half, we played well, created chances, won most the 50/50 challenges and showed a real desire to win the ball back and pressed at every opportunity. I thought in the first half, some of the sublime touched and movements Woods and Bolder were of a different class. We outplayed them in every department in the first half, and went in 1-0 up.

The second half, we played reasonably well, but I felt as though we were just standing off them on too many occasions, and were inviting them to attack. I thought we could have done a lot better with regards to Halifax scoring as Jose was a little bit at fault, but both teams created chances at either end. In the end, I think a draw was a fair result.

The referee was absolutely shocking last night. He missed 2 blatant red card offences, numerous off the ball challenges, and was very lenient with both keepers for timewasting. I certainly hope he never referees another Harrogate Town game again.

I was very impressed with all the players last night. The tempo, passion, commitment and desire they showed was a credit to the club. I cant really single out a particular players performance, but I just want to make a special mention for young Alex Metcalfe last night. He had a very, very good debut, full of good touches, wasn't scared to get stuck in, showed no fear and made some very good and sensible decisions, and I'm looking forward to seeing how well he develops at the club.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 am

Like Neil, I was impressed by the performance last night. Despite some of the Halifax lads falling over in a strong breeze Laughing

I think both Samuels and MacGillivray were suspended for the match, Hence Veiga in goal. However, I don't think we looked weak in defence.

Woods got MOM. It was a difficult choice I guess because there were a lot of very good performances out there. I've criticised him before but this was far and away the best performance I've seen so his award will get no complaints from me. I will still question his fitness as he always looks about to expire after about 10 minutes. But if he can work on that (and I don't know if it is a problem or just my perception) then he'll be an asset if he keeps that standard up.

Good match from both sides - shame there had to be a bit of bother at one point.

1-1 was a fair reflection.

Regarding the wind etc, we had the wind behind us in the first half and the wind AND rain in our faces in the second. However they didn't look like scoring as their strikers seemed unable to identify the net. Was a shame they did,but as "flea" says, the score reflected the standards of both teams.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:43 pm

BTTF wrote:We'll beat you on Thursday because your s**t not because your on a bad run, although the former may have something to do with the latter.

BTTF wrote:See you on Thursday when we come for our 3 points.

BTTF wrote:if a race horse walks into a cow shed it doesn't turn into a cow does it?

No, and likewise putting a saddle on an old cow doesn't make it win the Derby either. Thanks for the 4 points this season. Wish other clubs had been that generous Laughing
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 pm

I had to miss last night and supporters meeting (wife in hospital trying to stall contractions).....What sort of player is mecalfe, attacking mid?? Pleased to hear he did well.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Well, he was playing Right Mid last night, and kept drifting into the middle. I think once he picks up the ball, and runs at players, he caused the Halifax defence a few problems last night.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am