Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

5th Place Still Up For Grabs!

CCOB

5th Place Still Up For Grabs! Empty 5th Place Still Up For Grabs!

Post by CCOB Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Bradford PA lost at home to Oxford City tonight 2-1. They play each other again on Wednesday down at Oxford.
    Altrincham are away at Guiseley on Thursday.
    If we can beat Gloucester tomorrow night we still have a great chance of making the play offs.
    Forget all the negativity get down to the match tomorrow night & cheer the lads on. The time to have a moan is after the seasons finished not now while we still have a great chance of the play offs.
    Come on Town we can still do it!
    Martin L

5th Place Still Up For Grabs! Empty Re: 5th Place Still Up For Grabs!

Post by Martin L Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 am

good post ccob. lets keep supporting to the end. we have come a long way in a short time.

ooh town

martin
    AlexB_HTFC

Post by AlexB_HTFC Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:36 pm

What he said ^^^ Smile
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm

We have 7 matches left, 4 at home and 3 away.

Home games include Hafilaxative and Guiseley. Gloucester tonight will be a tough one I expect they seem to be **** or bust away - I won't be down as I'm reorganising my collection of naval fluff. I'm more worried about Guiseley than the pretend Halifax team. 3 points from those last 2 would be my guess although I'd cheerfully take 4! And 1 from the Gloucester match although 3 should be the minimum the team would settle for after Saturday.

That leaves Stalybridge where we should definitely pick up 3 points.

We also travel to Oxford City where I hope we play a damned site better than we did against them at the CNG!

Then there's the return against Solihull Moors .....

I'd settle for 4 from those.

That's 12 I reckon so far. And then Vauxhall, where frankly I don't expect us to get anything.

So my guess is we'll finish on 72. This leaves the Stray squatters to get 9 points from 9 games (do-able) and Alty 8 points from 6 which is more dubious (I haven't looked at their run-ins).

So it's not over by any means. My BIG concern is that we seem to have gone off the boil a bit. I worried about tiredness, now I'm also worried about strategy, tactics and cover. I expect White to get another red before the season end as well. He really needs to take a deep breath - if he did, I fear he'd turn out to be capable of playing above our level so perhaps he should stay as he is. I also reckon we'll HAVE to use the "cover players" we've signed too.

But having said all that, it's obvious that other teams will have their problems too. Hafilaxative have more games than us left to play and as such may have the same problems we do but more so (if you see what I mean).

In conclusion, it's squeaky bum time folks and I guess tonight and Saturday will define our season Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm