Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Dan_Gleebitz
Superfan100
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
Martin L
rangerider
nztownfan
HTAFC Press Officer
Big Lundy
13 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue

paulstreet
    paulstreet

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue

Post by paulstreet Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

180 minutes without a goal since Knowles and Platt left, and its hard to see were the goals will come from, certainly not from Maloney, Hull and Metcalfe Shocked What inspired signings they were Shocked why the hell didn't WE snap up Danny when Halifax let him go?

As I said, Larkin and Forrest are pretty good players, but are not regular scorers (look at their career stats), Beesley (despite his scoring streak earlier in the season) isn't really a BSN player, and Chib seems to have lost his goalscoring touch. Platt was a goalscoring midfielder and we don't have anyone like that to replace him.

Our defence is pretty solid, but you have to score goals to win games. We have a worse goal difference to Alty so they are now back in the driving seat, a draw last night would have kept US in the driving seat. Stating the obvious but NOTHING less than 6 points Sat/Tuesday will now do. For God's sake, don't let this season dribble away into mediocrity.
    TheNeil29

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:41 pm

The strikers (Larkin, Beesley and Chilaka) need to get their arses into gear. I just knew as soon as Knowles and Platt went, we'd struggle. And what do we do? Replace them with Maloney (we've been here before), Metcalfe and Hull (i'm not being harsh on these 2, as they are players for the future, but are unproven)

There were a few players that should be ashamed of themselves after that performance. Nowakowski being one of them, who was an absolute disgrace. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

Weaver needs to have a serious think about the latest results, as for a team who are supposedly pushing for the playoffs, this is not good enough by anyway shape or form, and next season, the pressure will be even more intense, as the fans will be expecting to wether be solid playoff contenders, or contenders for automatic promotion.

If I was ruthless enough, I'd say probably 4 or 5 players in the current squad deserve a contract next season. The rest? Get rid as they are not good enough.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Worth saying that 'crowds' are already pretty poor (408 on a Bank Holiday Monday against a play off rival Shocked ), imagine what they will be like if we let this season run through our fingers. There was no atmosphere on Monday either. Saturday (and Tuesday's) attendances will be interesting.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:Walked past the ground today and the pitch is rolled, pretty dry and looking good in this balm early summer weather!
    I am really optimistic about Saturday and Tuesday too - six points could make the situation look very different by Wednesday!
    Either way, lets just relax and enjoy the games coming up, we are 6th in Blue Square North and the club is moving forward strongly. Energy sappers rarely build teams, start businesses or leave a lasting legacy. There is a great spirit among the players in the sheds, so lets show our support on these forums and when they run onto the paddock.

that's right folks, just show your support and turn a blind eye to any woeful performances.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:The strikers (Larkin, Beesley and Chilaka) need to get their arses into gear. I just knew as soon as Knowles and Platt went, we'd struggle. And what do we do? Replace them with Maloney (we've been here before), Metcalfe and Hull (i'm not being harsh on these 2, as they are players for the future, but are unproven)

There were a few players that should be ashamed of themselves after that performance. Nowakowski being one of them, who was an absolute disgrace. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

Weaver needs to have a serious think about the latest results, as for a team who are supposedly pushing for the playoffs, this is not good enough by anyway shape or form, and next season, the pressure will be even more intense, as the fans will be expecting to wether be solid playoff contenders, or contenders for automatic promotion.

If I was ruthless enough, I'd say probably 4 or 5 players in the current squad deserve a contract next season. The rest? Get rid as they are not good enough.

The only players worth keeping are Craig, Merris, White (subject to keeping an eye on disciplinary matters though), Killock, Bolland, Bolder and possibly Woods. The rest should be released. The likes of Bloomer and Adam would struggle to find another club at conference north level.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Have to say i actually agree, I thought Larkin would be useful but he just wasn't interested last night and certainly wont score goals......Weaver needs to be ruthless pre-season and if he says his contact book is growing he shouldn't have any issues about finding some quality players who can play football with both feet...I would quite happily take Scoobs back from BPA!!!
    htown

Post by htown Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Even the two young lads though. People are making the assumptions they are "one's for the future". They are more likely to be two pointless signings and the chances are they will never put a shirt on for the Harrogate first team. Just a waste of time.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 pm

we get comments by the manager when we win but absolute zero when we lose i would be interested to hear what he has to say about the latest rubbish performances and why we did not sign decent cover for the players who have left he is suppose to have decent contacts in the game so why bring in players from a lower league? i know we would not get Reeves but looking at the top scorers in this league i see Newsham of Boston has 19 goals and Arniston of Workington with 17 would have been worth a punt
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

No doubt we will hear from that guy who drinks budweiser very soon bigging Weaver up, but unless we get results on sat and tues he will have well and truelly messed up this time.

Last edited by trevdee on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    harrogateman

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue - Page 2 Empty why so negative?

Post by harrogateman Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:05 pm

bradford been playing well and we were slightly better side. Were you there trev as all harrogate fans round me seemed to think we were playing well until the late winner.
    AS for the strikers not being good enough dont really get that one. Slagging Beesley off is bizarre. First game back after injury. In his previous game scored two and made one before going off injured at half time. Hes scored 12 from less than twenty games as good as anything in the league.
    Try getting behind Weaver and the team. We doing really well and feel very strongly we will be in the play offs though they will be tough. Smile Smile
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes I was there, like I have been for most games..I haven't slagged off beesley, I thought he worked hard, but got little to his feet.... how you all can say we played well is beyond me...Everytime we got the ball we hoofed it, if you are happy to watch that, knowing what we are capable of then im not sure what world you live on.

Like I said if we started the game without Adam in the middle we would have probably passed it more, him been in the team dictates how we play and other players know if they pass to him he will fook up (which he did on a number of occasions)so they just hoof it. I know the pitch was terrible but if I can pass a ball on a terible pitch then a semi-pro footballer should be able to.

And yes we WERE doing really well, however we could be doing alot better, if the obvious changes were made to the team!

I will admit I am bloody frustrated and it is purely because time and time again we play players out of position or don't play the right players...I mean look at the game against Altrincham when we played Alan up front on his own (was you there?) or look at the Colwyn/Droysdon/Bishop Stortford (H) games where we needed to make desperate changes prior to goals......All these draws or losses where due to management not having the noosh to make changes when required.
    harrogateman

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue - Page 2 Empty still on track

Post by harrogateman Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

know what you mean trev with the long ball but i can also remember goals given away with our passing game at home quite recently due to the pitch.
    Vast majority of these threads giving stick to weaver and the strikers but i think we will be among the goals again very soon. Really hope i am not wrong about this but i really fancy town for play offs. feel we prob 5th best side in league and in admitting that the play offs would be hard.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm

I have stuck up for Weaver in the past, and also stated I would reserve my judgement until after the final game of the season..I just get this sneaky feeling, the orders have come into Simon from irving not to get the team promoted this season.....

Last edited by trevdee on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

come on Mr Weaver get in and sign them for next season
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

trevdee wrote:I have stuck up for Weaver in the past, and also stated I would reserve my judgement until after the final game of the season..I just get this sneaky feeling, the orders have come into Simon from irving not to get the team promoted this season.....I just find it so hard to understand some of his decisions, it just doesn't make sense...And to have 2 Sunday league standard players, sons to 2 directors, in the squad is rediculous also. I don't know, there is some kind of ass kissing on the inside or something going on internally, it just doesn't feel right!

Hmm interesting affraid
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 pm

ha that was just my intuition, don't take it as the gospel!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:19 pm

I must admit, the situation has intrigued me as well.

With Tom and Dominic gone. I always felt the team would struggle, as they were our best 2 players by a long way. I do believe with the loss of these 2, we will struggle to make the playoffs.

I have always stated that it would be in the club's best interests to not get promoted this season, but to suggest that Irving has mentioned it to Simon? I dont think that would be the case.

The simple fact is that we have lost our 2 best players and not really replaced them, and the current squad we have, with the exception of 3 or 4 players, are just not good enough for the playoffs/automatic promotion from the BSN.

With the right signings, next season will be our season, I truly believe that.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:32 pm

well that is only my inner feelings...but is Simon really that dim to play a striker at right mid, when he blatently can't play there? To me if someone told me they didn't want to win the game I would make the sort of decisions he has...........who knows.
    htown

Post by htown Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Adam Priestley is having a trial with harrogate pre season. That may work out wonders he could be good at this level.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm

is he any good? you got any links for him?
    htown

Post by htown Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Farsley profile but not up to date.

Worksop also tried signing him but he stayed loyal to Farsley. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's really fast and a good finisher. If you have ever heard of a man called Steve Nicholl (the old Garforth manager) Adam said that Weaver rung him and asked him for Adams details in order to ask him to come for a trial pre-season.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 pm

sounds like a decent striker, lets hope so at even this level
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 pm

I think Weaver should look at Ryan Blott (scarborough athletic)
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shocked

Last edited by rangerider on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:21 pm

htown wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Farsley profile but not up to date.

Worksop also tried signing him but he stayed loyal to Farsley. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's really fast and a good finisher. If you have ever heard of a man called Steve Nicholl (the old Garforth manager) Adam said that Weaver rung him and asked him for Adams details in order to ask him to come for a trial pre-season.

thats the type of player we should be looking at if we have any ambition

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm