Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Ball and Socket
TheNeil29
rangerider
paulstreet
frickers
9 posters

non league paper

trevdee
    trevdee

non league paper - Page 2 Empty Re: non league paper

Post by trevdee Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 pm

At what point does any club in any league do well without their chairman having a deep pocket, very far and few between whatever the level they play in......Look at Chester, they get 2500 home fans and they have cut a loss this season, so in my eyes while we have Irving at the helm, lets enjoy it whilst he spends a bit of loose change...hopefully in the process we will get promoted we will attract more investors, we will put in place all of these wonderful plans, we will grow the crowds and make less of a loss in the future...........This all wont happen whilst we are in the BSN.

We can be the new crazy gang!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Well the short term approach certainly doesn't get my vote. The club is more important than that - its a shame others don't feel the same.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 pm

we have had the long time approach since i can remember we are not a tin pot club, success breeds success on and off the field
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 am

town supporter wrote:Well the short term approach certainly doesn't get my vote. The club is more important than that - its a shame others don't feel the same.

I fully agree with this assessment. Lets do it right, and do it one step at a time.

On a different note though, we still have a lot of tough fixtures in a short period of time, and qualifiying for the playoffs/promotion is by no means a given. Thats for sure.

So lets see what happens with the rest of the season first before this subject is approached again. But everyone has a different opinion.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm

You cannot stop people expressibg their hopes;aspirations and dreams for the club. We have a chance for a play off pkace and this could be our time.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 am

Yes, this could be our time, that is true. But it could also be our time next season also. I would like to see Harrogate get into the playoffs this season, but in all reality, I think that there will be stronger teams in the playoffs. I would be very surprised if we managed to get promoted via the playoffs.

I realise that there a lot of people on this forum that have supported Harrogate Town a lot longer than I have, but next season, if we didnt go up, with a few good signings, and retaining the core of the current squad, we could go straight up, without the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 am