Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Chester fans pitch invasion!

Big Lundy

Chester fans pitch invasion! Empty Chester fans pitch invasion!

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Smile

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Chester fans pitch invasion! Empty Re: Chester fans pitch invasion!

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 am

Yes, a BIG thank you to the Chester fans who helped get the match under way.

I'll be surprised if the Bishops Stortford one is on. On Tuesday against Colwyn, I thought the pitch was standing up well and confidently expected a good playing surface against Chester. Oh boy was I wrong. Surely we didn't get THAT much rain between the two dates that the drainage shouldn't have been able to cope? Looking at the corner by the 1919 entrance and the "Junior Stand", I'm surprised that the match did go ahead.

The Chester fans around me and the wife were very sympathetic, but you could see the looks on their faces as the game wore on.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 am

I have to say I was amazed at how bad the pitch looked towards the end of the game, corner flag at the hospital end was like a lake! Covers had been on till 9 in the morning as well. Scary.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 pm

I do think it will be next season when we see the pitch reach it's true potential. We have had a lot of teething problems with the pitch, and also having the wettest winter in a century hasnt helped matters, also if you add the snow and icy conditions to that as well. It has been quite a challenge, and i'm sure it has tested the patience of all the staff at the club.

In the words of D:Ream: 'Things can only get better'. Its an exciting time to be a fan of this club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:56 pm