Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

1pm Kick Off against Hastings ?

nobby99

1pm Kick Off against Hastings ?  Empty 1pm Kick Off against Hastings ?

Post by nobby99 Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm

The Hastings forum is reporting the KO has been brought forward to 1 pm ? Apparently because ITV want to show extended highlights in the evening and our floodlights are too crap for them. Is this true ? Strange Hastings report it first !

If it is confirmed I don't think it's a great idea. A lot of Hastings supporters have booked travel arrangements already and are fuming, don't blame them. Also the tickets all say '3pm kick off' - anybody turning up at that time will probably never return to HTFC and will reasonably want a refund. Can only assume we're getting money for being on TV, but that's not all that counts.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

1pm Kick Off against Hastings ?  Empty Re: 1pm Kick Off against Hastings ?

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:50 pm

This has now been confirmed by Harrogate Town AFC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by HTAFC Press Officer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Looking at the Hasting's forum there are a few upset people who have pre-booked train seats that are having to pay large transfer fees to change ( I would be knacked off too). Looks like their coach will be setting off at 5am also, so pitch inspection at 4am?
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Gutted for any Hastings fans who may not be able to make it now. Hopefully they can all get something sorted. Other than that though this is excellent news for the club! I'm assuming this means there will be a couple of different camera angles to enjoy on the highlights. As long as the club gets the word out efficiently then this is going to be a great advertisement for football in Harrogate!
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Believe me, since I have got in I have emailed everyone, all press outlets about this - my keyboard is waving the white flag!!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 pm

And all the more reason to practice our vocals this Saturday.........Wow what an opportunity for the lads to show off their silky skills (no scouts are allowed to watch the highlights)!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Lets try and look on the positive - good news for both clubs in terms of tv support. Unless the bus is coming via Bristol the journey takles no more than 5 hours on a bad day so a set off time off 6.30am isn't that bad and I am led to believe that no Hastings fan will lose out if they have booked a rail ticket all ready. Plus we might miss the rain forecast at 4.30pm Shocked
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm

" always look on the bright side of life" - New tune the players come out to!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm