Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Johnny
Dan_Gleebitz
Smelemon
paulstreet
ChrisM
A1 drifter
harrogatefan123
trevdee
Ball and Socket
13 posters

Torquay or Bust

Ball and Socket

Torquay or Bust Empty Torquay or Bust

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:09 pm

The team and club officials will be arriving at their base in Torquay soon. If they have not already done so. I'm sure we ALL wish them a quiet and peaceful night with a walk along the Promenade!! The team has been taking shape over the past few weeks and is looking pretty solid front to back. I thought Tom Platt turned the game when he came on against Hyde after 70mins. Adam put in a huge shift and covered every blade of grass and was treading water when he got the hook. Will Simon go with Tom from the start. I hope so as he brings a more attacking option and if we have a chance of getting a result we need to press their defence. We could have won more convincingly on Tuesday with a bit more composure infront of goal. If we can pull the ball back away from their keeper it will give Chib and Paul some space to work their magic. Make no mistake we can win this. COME ON TOWN. COME ON YOU SULPHURITES!!!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Torquay or Bust Empty Re: Torquay or Bust

Post by trevdee Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:07 pm

completely share your sentiment there B&S - Adam is great for sticking in there and winning the headers, breaking up play but I did feel a bit of a liability on the ball with distribution and speed. This should be a game where we look to showcase our passing skills so Tom is a must (Tom, Bolder and Dean will enjoy the occasion and raise their game more so).

Good luck Town, lets get to round 2 and pick up a really big tie.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Ha it is so funny reading the dribble that some of them come out with on the Torquay forum.

They think the core of our team is Veiga, Elam and Bloomer.... I am tempted to go on and correct them but I will let them find out the hard way. Wow so naive from some of their fans thinking they will wallop us and we will run out of puff after 30 mins. I can guarantee that our lads will run their socks off for 90mins and close down every ball.....I think they are gonna have a shock at just how talented and fit Harrogate are!

harrogatefan123

Post by harrogatefan123 Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 pm

It's a shame we don't have Stimpson as part of the team tomorrow. Very strong defender!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 pm

We need to remember we are in Basil Fawlty territory so a certain amount of silliness is expected in Torquay...

We have a brave set of lads - none finer. Come on Town!
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 am

Do us proud lads. I know loads will be playing out their skin with potential for bigger clubs to see them play!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am

Would love to have been there with the fans who make it to Torquay, bit short notice and not quite so much energy as I had 7 years ago! I think we have a decent chance here, need to stop them scoring early, and work our way into the game. Bolder, Dean and Platt are a quality midfield.

Oh well I'll be glued to Jeff Stelling (not literally you understand!) watching all our goals go in via the teleprinter.

COME ON TOWN Smile
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm

CHILAKA!!!! 1-0 to Harrogate!!! Can't believe it!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:23 pm

GET IN!!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Torquay just scored aa goal but it is deemed offside, close call! Shocked
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:51 pm

AND THAT'S IT, HARROGATE 1 - 0 TORQUAY !! History in the making

Last edited by Smelemon on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:53 pm

YES YES YES ITS FINISHED 1-0 FANFOOKINGTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

now to bring on the big boys and ha some of those Torquay fans who said we were s**t can take those words and stick them up their asses!!!!

Well done town, really proud.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm

2nd round to go before we get the big boys. Chelski away (assuming they can raise a team with all those red cards)

Great day for the team. Well done lads. Laid the ghost.

Can we have a home draw please?
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Be careful or you might get stung by the Mighty Bees... great result.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:11 pm

First time in the 2nd round, maybe this could be our chance for a home draw!
    Anyway, credit to both teams, in many areas it sounded like we didn't deserve this win, but this stuff happens in football and this time the game went our way. Still wish Torquay all the best and a very good season, their fans deserved a goal without a doubt so hopefully they can find their fortunes in their league rather than the fa cup.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Judging by what the Torquay fans were saying on their forum :

We are s**t
    We are part timers
    We are non league
    We are of limited ability
    We are from Harrogate

Who cares ?

We are through to Round 2 !

Can't believe anyone from our forum would be so insulting to the opposition, whoever they are. Go back to waiting on tables you bunch of soft southerners.

S.

Home draw please.

S.

Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Absolutely marvellous from the players and Simon for getting a result that very few envisaged apart from me!! I thought that if Simon played our strongest formation we would have a chance 11 v 11. Torquay were going to have chances but getting that early goal from Chib obviously put the seeds of doubt in their heads. What a result, what a day. At last a run in the FA Cup for our town's football team. Lets hope Irving and the board can encourage as many supporters and non-suppoprters to get down to Wetherby Rd if we get a home draw. If not lay on some buses to get as many of us to the game and make as much noise as possible. I hope they all have a wee celebration drink on the coach back from Torquay. COME ON TOWN. COME ON YOU SULPHURITES!!!!!!
    devrede

Post by devrede Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Very Happy Fantastic result, couldnt care less if Torquay had 99% of the game (which they didn't) its goals that count we did they didn't.. Very Happy
    Would like to express my thanks to the Devon Yokel who referred to Town as North Yorkshire Bumpkins (i think that was the term) and also all the other Torquay fans who claimed we would be blowing out of our 'nether regions' by Quarter past four, heavy legged and only Part timers. Nice one, and thanks to them all, could not think of any terms more likely to inspire the lads.
    So bring it on and a home draw would be nice.
    Think i might have to raise a glass or two tonight of good old 'Bumpkin Ale'.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Its all quiet on the Torquay website. I wonder why? The Torquay supporters will nor enjoy their beer or any other liquid refreshment for a while. The missed pens all those years ago are laid to rest. We put a rocket right up them. Or Chib did!!! So appropriate with it being Guy Fawkes night this weekend!!!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Yep I have just been having a read...we will let them do their own postmortem whilst we look forward to the draw tommorrow.

The bottom line is their total disrespect in the early parts of that thread probably gave our players the extra 10% they needed today because I have no doubt our players will have had a sneaky look whilst relaxing last night.
    loyalgull

Post by loyalgull Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:01 pm

i am here folks again well done,fully deserved,bet some of our lot feel total wankers now after their dissing of your club lol

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:17 pm

loyalgull wrote:i am here folks again well done,fully deserved,bet some of our lot feel total wankers now after their dissing of your club lol

Cheers and thanks for coming on. I would have posted on your forum except it asked me to name my favourite Torquay player to register !

Good luck for the rest of the season.

S.
    lokiman

Post by lokiman Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Torquay fan in peace here. Well done to you guys. A thoroughly deserved win. There was only one team on that pitch that seriously looked like they wanted it, and that team certainly wasn't Torquay. Along with a great many of our fans in the main stand (Bristow's Bench), I had no problem in hanging around to give your boys a well-deserved clap off the pitch. Hope you have a great Cup run! Cheers!
    TUFC

Post by TUFC Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Yep just like to add my congrats, please don't tar all Torquay fans with the same brush, the majority were respectful before and after the match, it was only a small few who wern't.Good luck in the next round.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 pm

TUFC wrote:Yep just like to add my congrats, please don't tar all Torquay fans with the same brush, the majority were respectful before and after the match, it was only a small few who wern't.Good luck in the next round.

Your post is appreciated. You've had your tougher times in the past hopefully you're on the up, and it's also nice to see a load of comments where the referee hasn't had a mention yet !

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:30 am